PDA

View Full Version : Are you PRO-LIFE or ANIT-ABORTION??

DealzOnWheelz
02-08-2008, 12:53 PM
THis is a question that can really hit hard to the people claiming to be PRO-LIFE yet want to continue the war.

People claim this PRO-LIFE stance yet want to send hundreds of thousands of troops to go die while killing innocent men woman and CHILDREN!!!

There is a huge DIFFERENCE between PRO-LIFE and ANTI-ABORTION lets expose these people with this question to them.

ANytime you meet someone who claims to be PRO-LIFE and also wants to continue the war just ask them are you....

PRO-LIFE or ANTI-ABORTION?? There is a difference. It will at least cause them to start thinking about it.

Ok APPARENTLY MOST OF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE POLL AND THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS

THis is not to talk about what the govt should or should not allow

THis is designed for people to use when they are trying to convert someone

If someone says they are PRO-LIFE to me that means THEY VALUE ALL LIFE

But if that person is PRO- WAR there is NO POSSIBLE WAY THEY CAN BE PRO-LIFE that person is ANTI-ABORTION because the ONLY TIME THEY ARE PRO-LIFE is when it comes to ABORTION

If a person you are trying to convert to RON PAUL says they don't agree with his stance on the war yet are a self proclaimed PROLIFER you can call them out by saying

NO YOU ARE ANTI-ABORTION

then WHEN THEY SAY WHAT DO YOU MEAN ISN'T THAT THE SAME THING AS PRO-LIFE

YOu say NO PRO-LIFE means you value all life and want to prevent the death of all life

In that persons circumstance they are not PRO LIFE they are ANTI ABORTION

I myself am PROLIFE I don't believe in abortion except in extreme circumstances(rape victim, health of mother) and I don't believe in WAR except in extreme circumstances(WE ARE ATTACKED)

This was not designed for you guys to say Oh the GOVT shouldn't be involved.

And when I said we need to expose these people I meant expose people you are trying to convert to themselves.

Most people don't think there is a correlation to Pro-Life and ANtiWar but the only way one can truly be Pro-Life is by being ANti-War and if they are not then they are Anti-ABortion.

If you tell them this it will make them think about their stance on the war

THAT IS THE POINT TO GET THESE WARMONGERS TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUE PRINCIPLE TO BEING PRO_LIFE

Jae0
02-08-2008, 12:58 PM
There should be another option for "I dont care either way"

PepperdotNet
02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes. I am both.

familydog
02-08-2008, 01:09 PM
There is a thread just like this in the general politics section. Why post it again?

DealzOnWheelz
02-08-2008, 01:36 PM
there is not a post like this in General Politics that poll says

Are you Pro Life or Pro Abortion

hopeforamerica
02-08-2008, 01:39 PM
it's a non issue in my book. We have much bigger problems and issues to worry about.

ARealConservative
02-08-2008, 01:41 PM
pro-choice.

states should choose for themselves. :D

Personally, I think it's wrong, but an abortion early in the pregnancy is something I don't want my state to ban.

ggibson1
02-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I dont believe in any fairy tales about life being "holy" ... but I do believe we should err on the side of life.

Ron Paul added a new twist into this for me however... When do the Constitutionally protected rights of an American kick in?

ziggrl
02-08-2008, 01:46 PM
It's the same freaking thing, isn't it?

allyinoh
02-08-2008, 01:50 PM
THis is a question that can really hit hard to the people claiming to be PRO-LIFE yet want to continue the war.

People claim this PRO-LIFE stance yet want to send hundreds of thousands of troops to go die while killing innocent men woman and CHILDREN!!!

There is a huge DIFFERENCE between PRO-LIFE and ANTI-ABORTION lets expose these people with this question to them.

ANytime you meet someone who claims to be PRO-LIFE and also wants to continue the war just ask them are you....

PRO-LIFE or ANTI-ABORTION?? There is a difference. It will at least cause them to start thinking about it.

What's the point of this thread since most Ron Paul supporters don't support the war? What are you hoping to accomplish?

You want to "expose" people? Wow.. Still, what's your point of this?

I'm pro-life and anti-abortion. More importantly, I am a big supporter of taking responsibility for your actions. I am only for war when we are attacked i.e. self defense. I don't support the Federal Death penalty, but I do support the death penalty in cases where it's proven 100% that the person is guilty.

I don't feel guilty about how I feel and could care less what others think about me or my beliefs. But at this moment in my life, abortion is a non-issue with me. The thing that is effecting me the most right now is the economy.

JenaS62
02-08-2008, 01:52 PM
pro-choice.

states should choose for themselves. :D

Personally, I think it's wrong, but an abortion early in the pregnancy is something I don't want my state to ban..

Ditto. Early abortion is something I can live with although I something I would never consider - but luckily I am beyond the age of having to worry about that.;)

kgiese
02-08-2008, 01:55 PM
You are so funny. I wonder, if they have any last comic standing shows. Last I checked Pro-Life and Anti-Abortion were the same thing.

fletcher
02-08-2008, 01:55 PM
I hate the terms pro-life and anti-choice for exactly the reason you stated. Abortion has nothing to do with choice and life is much more than being born. They are just political framing. I prefer the terms pro-abortion and anti-abortion. Anti-abortion does not mean you are in favor of war. It only reflects on your position on abortion.

erikm
02-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I am anti-abortion but also pro-birth control. Birth control should be taught about (and applied rigorously) early and often. Having children should IMO not be a trivial choice, taken or changed on a whim.

OTOH abortion should not be totally illegal. Rape, incest and severe medical problems (with the mother and/or fetus) can and do happen.

Cheers,
ErikM :D

Jae0
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
it's a non issue in my book. We have much bigger problems and issues to worry about.
Exactly. Lets get the whole economy and war problem solved then we can argue the abortion issue.

yongrel
02-08-2008, 02:01 PM
http://theworstpageintheuniverse.com/images/regressive_bs.jpg

Montpelerin
02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Personally, I am pro-life - I would never practice abortion, and I would advise or recommend those close to me do so as well.

Politically, I am pro-choice - I do not believe the government should have the right to decide this issue for others.

Occasionally, I am pro-retroactive-abortion - John McCain & Anderson Cooper for example.

Jae0
02-08-2008, 02:03 PM

:eek: haha Wow

AzNsOuLjAh27
02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
i believe its up the woman to decide.

literatim
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Personally, I am pro-life - I would never practice abortion, and I would advise or recommend those close to me do so as well.

Politically, I am pro-choice - I do not believe the government should have the right to decide this issue for others.

Occasionally, I am pro-retroactive-abortion - John McCain & Anderson Cooper for example.

So its alright in your eyes for the government to allow someone kill another human being?

Jae0
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Just from personal experiance the people i've talked to who are rabidly against abortion are also the ones who love the death penalty. Its weird. Myabe its just the people around my area.

Jae0
02-08-2008, 02:06 PM
So its alright in your eyes for the government to allow someone kill another human being?

I dont think youre going to change anyones mind here. Everyone has their own beliefs.

erikm
02-08-2008, 02:06 PM

Reminds me of an old role-playing game pack from Chaosium from 2000:

Cthulhu for President!
Vote the Elder Party! Why settle for a lesser evil?

Cheers,
ErikM :D

RonPaulVolunteer
02-08-2008, 02:08 PM

Well, we could just call that option: Don't give a shit about anyone but myself...

:mad:

constituent
02-08-2008, 02:09 PM

the federal government?

i don't think it's any of their business.

Jesubub
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Your poll is too black-n-white for such a gray issue.

What is your position on abortion?
o Pro-Life: Abortion should be illegal at national level
o Pro-Life: Abortion should be illegal at state level only
o Pro-Choice: Abortion should be legal at national level
o Pro-Choice: Abortion should be legal at state level only
o Hybrid: There should be limits to abortion at national level
o Hybrid: There should be limits to abortion at state level only

Jae0
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
the federal government?

i don't think it's any of their business.

Yeah the federal government should stay out of the bedroom and out of vagina's.

Jae0
02-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, we could just call that option: Don't give a shit about anyone but myself...

:mad:

Yeah I only care about myself thats exactly why i'm fighting to save the country. :rolleyes:

yongrel
02-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Your poll is too black-n-white for such a gray issue.

What is your position on abortion?
o Pro-Life: Abortion should be illegal at national level
o Pro-Life: Abortion should be illegal at state level only
o Pro-Choice: Abortion should be legal at national level
o Pro-Choice: Abortion should be legal at state level only
o Hybrid: There should be limits to abortion at national level
o Hybrid: There should be limits to abortion at state level only

o Pro-Awesome: Kill 'em all, Let God Sort 'em Out.

Montpelerin
02-08-2008, 02:15 PM

No - however, I don't believe that human life begins at conception - my personally belief is that human life begins at the point that the person can live, without the benefit of life-support systems, outside the womb of the mother.

...but to each his own - it truly is a matter of faith.

-and no, I do not beLIEve in an all-loving and caring God either.

...but to each his own.

HOWEVER, it is probably safe to assume that you do believe that life begins at conception.
Therefore, what penalties do you think a mother should receive for damaging or ending the growth of (i.e. - 'killing' to you) her fetus before birth? (ex. drugs, athletics, stress, etc)
20 years in prison?
The Death Penalty?
I mean, I think responsibility demands some sort of consistancy...

AzNsOuLjAh27
02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
why do you guys keep making these types of threads to argue? The government has no right to anything inside of our body's.

Simple as that

IRO-bot
02-08-2008, 02:21 PM
NEITHER!! I am PRO-SELF RESPONSIBILITY.

familydog
02-08-2008, 02:22 PM
there is not a post like this in General Politics that poll says

Are you Pro Life or Pro Abortion

Yes. There is. Click on general politics and you see it. Right there. Ya can't miss it. The poll is different, but it leads to the same arguments. What's the difference? There is none.

ambiguousscion
02-08-2008, 02:24 PM
It's not about you... it's about the baby's rights, this is why you can't wrap your mind around the issue. What's also ironic is that many who don't believe the scientific evidence that supports life at conception will believe the scientific evidence of evolution to support atheism. It goes to show we all have our inconsistencies in our generally circular arguments.

ambiguousscion
02-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah the federal government should stay out of the bedroom and out of vagina's.

I hope a baby doesn't grow in a vagina, that would be quite uncomfortable :eek:

IRO-bot
02-08-2008, 02:30 PM
It's not about you... it's about the baby's rights, this is why you can't wrap your mind around the issue. What's also ironic is that many who don't believe the scientific evidence that supports life at conception will believe the scientific evidence of evolution to support atheism. It goes to show we all have our inconsistencies in our generally circular arguments.

Great point. I agree with you. But it won't solve the matter. There will just be a black market for abortions. Kind of like drugs.

Maltheus
02-08-2008, 02:31 PM
The issue is abortion, you're either pro or anti abortion. I hate these pro-life and pro-choice labels. They're both manipulative and I've had enough of that crap to last a lifetime.

ambiguousscion
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Great point. I agree with you. But it won't solve the matter. There will just be a black market for abortions. Kind of like drugs.

The same argument can be made for any law. There will always be lawbreakers, drugs is a choice that affects one person... abortion violates another person's right.

PledgeForPaul
02-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Please move this to hot topics. There is already a long abortion thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=64967

IRO-bot
02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
The same argument can be made for any law. There will always be lawbreakers, drugs is a choice that affects one person... abortion violates another person's right.

True, but there will still be black market abortion clinics.

Why not preach Self Responsibility, it is the only true way to get rid of abortion.

ambiguousscion
02-08-2008, 02:44 PM
True, but there will still be black market abortion clinics.

Why not preach Self Responsibility, it is the only true way to get rid of abortion.

I agree, there are always two levels of dealing with issues, one on the political level and two, on the personal level. As Paul stated, our culture's individual irresponsibility is reflected in our government.

IRO-bot
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I agree, there are always two levels of dealing with issues, one on the political level and two, on the personal level. As Paul stated, our culture's individual irresponsibility is reflected in our government.

Exactly, and the fact that all problems our nation face only gets two answer. For it or against in. Most of the time both are the wrong answer. It's like flipping a coin, heads or trails, Dems or Reps. It's disgusting.

DealzOnWheelz
02-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Ok APPARENTLY MOST OF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE POLL AND THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS

THis is not to talk about what the govt should or should not allow

THis is designed for people to use when they are trying to convert someone

If someone says they are PRO-LIFE to me that means THEY VALUE ALL LIFE

But if that person is PRO- WAR there is NO POSSIBLE WAY THEY CAN BE PRO-LIFE that person is ANTI-ABORTION because the ONLY TIME THEY ARE PRO-LIFE is when it comes to ABORTION

If a person you are trying to convert to RON PAUL says they don't agree with his stance on the war yet are a self proclaimed PROLIFER you can call them out by saying

NO YOU ARE ANTI-ABORTION

then WHEN THEY SAY WHAT DO YOU MEAN ISN'T THAT THE SAME THING AS PRO-LIFE

YOu say NO PRO-LIFE means you value all life and want to prevent the death of all life

In that persons circumstance they are not PRO LIFE they are ANTI ABORTION

I myself am PROLIFE I don't believe in abortion except in extreme circumstances(rape victim, health of mother) and I don't believe in WAR except in extreme circumstances(WE ARE ATTACKED)

This was not designed for you guys to say Oh the GOVT shouldn't be involved.

And when I said we need to expose these people I meant expose people you are trying to convert to themselves.

Most people don't think there is a correlation to Pro-Life and ANtiWar but the only way one can truly be Pro-Life is by being ANti-War and if they are not then they are Anti-ABortion.

If you tell them this it will make them think about their stance on the war

THAT IS THE POINT TO GET THESE WARMONGERS TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUE PRINCIPLE TO BEING PRO_LIFE

Mach
02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Here's some of my "post" from the last "Abortion Poll" and I have to say it fits in with this poll too..........

"Go watch a video, stupid (:rolleyes: ) sit there at a rally for gun control and right next to there gun control (to save lives) poster they have an abortion rights poster, stupid (:rolleyes:) even says I wanna make sure guns stay out of kids hands, (if she would have had an abortion she wouldn't have to worry about it), talk about sick in the head.............................................. ...... "

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ceid=zeitgeist

Pro-Choice for Abortion and Pro-Gun Control ? Pro-Gun Control is Choice? That does get me pissed!..............l

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1219428&postcount=244

Fox McCloud
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Sometimes War is justified, so I'm not one who things there shouldn't be violence at all--sometimes it is necessary (though I think it should be something of last resort)--if you're totally against violence, you're pretty much a pacifist...and to say the least, that doesn't fit within the Libertarian ideology.

I'm anti-preemptive war, and anti-unjust war...if it is a true just-war; defensive, something similar to WWII (not WWI though), or the revolutionary war....then I'm ok with it--anything else though, and I'm against it.

I'm basically "anti-war", but I think there should be exceptions (but VERY few).

I'm also staunchly anti-abortion; the only exception should be with tubal pregnancies.

Conservative Christian
02-08-2008, 04:10 PM
What's the point of this thread since most Ron Paul supporters don't support the war? What are you hoping to accomplish?

You want to "expose" people? Wow.. Still, what's your point of this?

I agree. An irrelevant thread.

When a pro-lifer says "I'm pro-life" or has a pro-life bumpersticker on their car, people with common sense automatically know it's a reference to the abortion issue only.

It's not some grandiose, all-encompassing statement about every conceivable instance in our existence where life might be taken.

I opposed the Iraq invasion from day one, but I don't see pro-lifers who support it as some sort of raging hypocrites who need to be "exposed". And just what does the OP plan to do with them once they're "exposed"?

DealzOnWheelz
02-08-2008, 04:19 PM
What I plan to do is expose to them that they never thought of it that way

I'm not going to attack them and say they are a hypocrite the idea is to lead them to come to that conclusion on their own and then

NOT ALWAYS BUT POSSIBLY RETHINK THEIR VIEW ON THE WAR THUS BRINGING THEM TO RON PAUL'S SIDE

Mach
02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
It's a kind of a "Half Empty or Half Full", but ,I think it has relevance, how people think does show how their behavior can be altered in different ways compared to the choices they make, even though those choices are just different in their heads personally........or ...... people take their answers in a way they are comfortable with and create a question that goes with that very answer........... or......................

"The purpose of the question is to demonstrate that the situation may be seen in different ways depending on one's point of view and that there may be opportunity in the situation as well as trouble."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is_the_glass_half_empty_or_half_full%3F

etc....... etc....... etc.......

Jennifer
02-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Pro life and anti-abortion are one in the same!

Michigan11
02-08-2008, 08:26 PM

That's what I was thinking.

Jae0
02-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I hope a baby doesn't grow in a vagina, that would be quite uncomfortable :eek:

Incase you arent familiar with baby making, vaginas have a whooooooole lot to do with it.