PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul treasury secretary?

Elwar
02-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Ok, I'm in no way staving off my support of Ron Paul's presidency...but...

if Ron Paul were to use his delegates as a bargaining chip for a high position in charge of monetary policy, which would be the most influencial position he could be put in?

Does the treasury secretary have any power? Or is it just advice driven?

I believe the only way McCain can get elected is if he gives Ron Paul a position of power higher than his position in Congress.

I'd love it if he was made the Federal Reserve Chairman...but the Federal Reserve submits their list of candidates and then he is chosen.

I doubt McCain could win even with Ron Paul's support though...he'll be torn to shreds so badly it'll be worse than Bob Dole or Dukakkis.

Ethek
02-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Ok, I'm in no way staving off my support of Ron Paul's presidency...but...

if Ron Paul were to use his delegates as a bargaining chip for a high position in charge of monetary policy, which would be the most influencial position he could be put in?

Does the treasury secretary have any power? Or is it just advice driven?

I believe the only way McCain can get elected is if he gives Ron Paul a position of power higher than his position in Congress.

I'd love it if he was made the Federal Reserve Chairman...but the Federal Reserve submits their list of candidates and then he is chosen.

I doubt McCain could win even with Ron Paul's support though...he'll be torn to shreds so badly it'll be worse than Bob Dole or Dukakkis.

Well, the Sec of the Treasure has a seat at those secret presidential finance committee meetings. I'd love to see the look on Rockefeller's face for that bit of news.

McCain is stubborn and its doubtful he would listen to Ron on most things. It would be a bone thrown to appease the RP grassroots, not because Ron himself would be valued.

paulgeek
02-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Could he withhold his signature from Federal Reserve Notes? I believe that they must bear his signature thus the Fed won't be able to print out any more money without his approval. Not sure if he can legally do so, though.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Anything short of Veep would be a waste and much better to be in Congress with more clout and influence.

familydog
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
McCain would fire Paul right away.

sb10
02-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Remember a plain-spoken Treasury Secretary named Paul O'Neil ? Probably the most outspoken, honest one we had in a while. He was constantly butting heads with the Bush Admin and eventually stepped down.

Ron Paul doesn't make deals on principles. I don't see how he could function in a cabinet position in some other stooge's administration, but perhaps I am wrong.

Mystile
02-08-2008, 01:04 PM
McCain would fire Paul right away.

And get impeached like Andrew Johnson did.

familydog
02-08-2008, 01:11 PM
And get impeached like Andrew Johnson did.

:D