PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's statement issued after "Educating Rudy" press conference

Harald
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Experts, scholars, administration officials and bi-partisan investigators all tell us that 50 years of interventionism in the Middle East has compromised the security of America. To deny that bad policy has serious negative repercussions is to deny reality.

During our debate in South Carolina, I continued to make the case that we must change foreign policy to secure our nation. Mr. Giuliani attacked me, calling my position ‘absurd,’ and said that he had ‘never heard’ such a thing.

Mr. Giuliani is not really interested in discussing foreign policy. Instead, he wants to shout down anyone who doesn’t agree with him. He attacks my patriotism, inferring that if I do not support war, then I do not love America. We have heard these arguments before. They are arguments of ignorance and authoritarianism.

Today, I stood with Michael Scheuer, the man who spearheaded the CIA’s efforts to capture Osama Bin Laden, and perhaps the most qualified expert to speak about the blowback caused by American foreign policy. I cited leading scholars, the 9-11 Commission, the CIA and even Paul Wolfowitz. Rudy Giuliani’s ignorance on foreign policy is alarming. I hope he pays attention and learns

as reported on

http://2008central.net/?p=837

slantedview
05-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Very nice statement!

MsDoodahs
05-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Yay Dr Paul!!!

:)

billv
05-24-2007, 12:37 PM
He's right. I'm completely scared by the for us or against us attitude that has been emerging for the last several years. I think it parallels the liberal/conservative dichotomy created by charismatic conservative talk radio show hosts over the last 15 to 20 years.

Many people don't think for themselves anymore. That's too much work. Some people say I think too much but it's better to think too much than too little. I wish so many more people would think more.

PaleoForPaul
05-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Very well done.

Erazmus
05-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Rudy Giuliani’s ignorance on foreign policy is alarming. I hope he pays attention and learns.
http://2008central.net/?p=837

OMG, that has to be one of the best quotes I've heard in a long time! I found my new signature, thanks Gor Nishanov.