PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest, the only reason they don't support him...they don't think he can win

NoPants
02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Today on MSNBC, Tucker said the following in reference to true conservatives supporting Dr. Paul:

let's be honest, the only reason they don't support him is because they don't think he can win

I say, now is our best opportunity to use this argument to our advantage.

What has changed?

We now have a specific target that we can call the enemy. When the field was crowded it was harder to fight because everyone had Romney as the "anti-McCain" vote. So, when you encounter someone that is against McCain and they argue that Dr. Paul can't win, AGREE WITH THEM. Here's what you can tell them:

After they say, "I like Ron Paul, but he can't win."
Respond with, "You're probably right, but he CAN keep McCain from winning."

Let them know that the longer it takes McCain to get the required delegates the better. Tell them it's widely believed that there will be other candidates entering the race. If there was ever a year where people will want a 3rd party, Libertarian or other party candidate this is it. So many people, Democrat and Republican alike, are distressed by the remaining choices. They don't know what to do. This is the year the other parties have been waiting for. You'll have 5 choices or more when the general election happens. But we must to buy more time. We need to keep McCain from declaring victory as long as possible to create the most inviting situation for more candidates. The Democrats are locked against each other, so it's taken care of on that side. But Republicans need to vote for Dr. Paul to even out the field. We make sure this primary goes the the convention and send a signal.

Of course we want Dr. Paul to get delegates and be able to win at the convention, but this argument is easy to make to someone who opposes McCain and thinks Dr. Paul can't win. I believe it can work.

How else can Romney's campaign "suspension" and McCain being in the lead help us?

If people assume that McCain has already won the nomination (as the media now claims) we should see significant drops in voter turnout. The sheep don't want to be bothered to a large extent, but more so they'll think, "why waste my time voting for someone who's already won." If we keep getting people out there to vote, even at the small percentages we've been getting, and add some "anti-McCain" votes to the bunch we'll start gathering a lot more delegates and we need as many as we can get.

Now go find those "anti-McCain but Ron Paul can't win" voters!

txporchpisser
02-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

NoPants
02-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

???

peznex
02-08-2008, 08:28 PM
???

I don't know, either. The only thing I can think is that your post caused that person to donate money?:confused:

Trigonx
02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Compare it to the superbowl. I'm sure 99% of the people who watch football ASSUMED the patriots would win and had NO second guess on it. And look at what happened.

N13
02-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Three big wins tomorrow would help.

Tina
02-08-2008, 08:49 PM
???

You don't get it??? How odd.