PDA

View Full Version : RP is dangerously close...

itshappening
02-08-2008, 12:06 PM
can you imagine if Huck drops out and RP is still in and McCain known to have health issues... RP is DANGEROUSLY close to being the last mand standing! LOL!

anyone think they're sweating about this scenario, however unlikely it remains a possibility :D

jsgolfman
02-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Huck's not dropping and McCain's the anti-christ, he can't die.

MsDoodahs
02-08-2008, 12:10 PM
McCain's the anti-christ, he can't die.

:eek:

itshappening
02-08-2008, 12:10 PM
does anyone remember Rudy having to pull out of the senate race in NY due to health issues! you NEVER know!

Passage
02-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Exactly, anything could happen, whether it be politically or just random chance. That is why Paul must stay in the race until it ends.

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Rather than a health issue, I'd like to see him have to drop out due to a scandal! Please God!

RonPaulFTFW
02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I almost wish something bad would happen to McCain.

it'd be worth it in the long run vs all the dead military men and woman and iraqi's that he will kill.

slantedview
02-08-2008, 12:19 PM
That is why WE HAVE TO STAY IN TILL THE END!!!

Look at Obama! He wouldn't even be in the Senate if he didn't stick it out. He was 2 weeks away from having his ass handed to him when his rival dropped due to a scandal.

We gotta stick it out. There are many many months to go and you never know what'll happen.

Kotin
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Rather than a health issue, I'd like to see him have to drop out due to a scandal! Please God!

oh.. i could not agree more Deborah...

liam
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Find one of his guards that apparently referred to him as the song bird

txporchpisser
02-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
90% of success is showing up to the game.

Ron Paul knows this.

Do you?

Mystile
02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
does anyone remember Rudy having to pull out of the senate race in NY due to health issues! you NEVER know!

And who did we get in his place. Fucking Shillary :rolleyes:

piotr1
02-08-2008, 12:25 PM
no.... obama is the anti-christ....

Jae0
02-08-2008, 12:26 PM

He's not the Anti-christ. Bible says the anti christ will come under the guise of peace and prosperity. That sure as hell isnt John 'bomb 'em all' McCain.

sirgonzo420
02-08-2008, 12:39 PM
He's not the Anti-christ. Bible says the anti christ will come under the guise of peace and prosperity. That sure as hell isnt John 'bomb 'em all' McCain.

Peace and prosperity, huh?...... Are you trying to say OUR MAN is the anti-christ? (tounge in cheek.... but food for thought..... wow what a disguise...)

Jae0
02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Lol!

amonasro
02-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Exactly, anything could happen, whether it be politically or just random chance. That is why Paul must stay in the race until it ends.

Exactly. The weather changes from day-to-day in politics. No one could have predicted Romney dropping out, and no one can predict what will happen tomorrow.

seapilot
02-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Peace and prosperity, huh?...... Are you trying to say OUR MAN is the anti-christ? (tounge in cheek.... but food for thought..... wow what a disguise...)

He meant obama.

Jae0
02-08-2008, 12:43 PM

Also, the real anti christ will supposedly bring peace in the middle east. I dont see that happening in our lifetime.

thumbto
02-08-2008, 12:45 PM
McCain falls unconscious during a live debate and is revived by the quick actions of Dr. Paul!

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Scandal is brewing for the songbird. Help it along! And while you're at it, don't fail to mention to any and all G.O.P. primary voters you meet that his record on the 2nd amendment and gun control looks suspiciously Democratic...

KevinR
02-08-2008, 12:51 PM
mccain will bring peace to the middle east, once he nukes it into a parking lot, it will be mighty peaceful :]

Jim_Karr
02-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Ron Paul does not wear his religion on his sleeve as many do. Maybe Bush is the one. The same as before but not the same. Bush SR. Now Bush JR. Or it could be the next pope who had the same name as a pope before him. I believe it is to be the 8th or 9th pope after napolian killed the last one. But one thing is certain,He is here on earth now.

nbhadja
02-08-2008, 12:57 PM
I could care less if something bad happens to Mc******. He voted for the death of 4000 americans and over a million Iraqis.

manny
02-08-2008, 12:59 PM
All very reasonable things to hope for.

My fantasy (I know it's unrealistic, but that's what fantasies are for ;)) is some combination of the following outrageously silly things might crop up:

-Evidence emerges that McCain worked with Ted Kennedy to force amnesty for illegals through

-Articles appear where McCain linked up with Democrats to push for gun control

-Someone finds a law McCain pushed restricting freedom of speech to criticise politicians

-A youtube appears of him talking about 100 years more war in Iraq as something he is happy with

-McCain says openly he doesn't understand economics

I know none of these things could really apply to a "frontrunner" for the Republican nomination but we can keep dreaming.

INforRP
02-08-2008, 01:07 PM

My fantasy (I know it's unrealistic, but that's what fantasies are for ;)) is some combination of the following outrageously silly things might crop up:

-Evidence emerges that McCain worked with Ted Kennedy to force amnesty for illegals through

-Someone finds a law McCain pushed restricting freedom of speech to criticise politicians

-A youtube appears of him talking about 100 years more war in Iraq as something he is happy with

I know none of these things could really apply to a "frontrunner" for the Republican nomination but we can keep dreaming.

I'm not sure any or even all of these things would have any impact in enough Americans minds to make a difference. Besides...

"-McCain says openly he doesn't understand economics"
Hasn't he already said this basically?

"-A youtube appears of him talking about 100 years more war in Iraq as something he is happy with"
There is a youtube of him saying he's comfortable with this exact idea. he doesn't say "happy", but he says 100 more years in Iraq is OK with him.

pilby
02-08-2008, 01:08 PM

wow.... that would do him in for sure. the Republican Party would NEVER nominate someone if a slew of things like that came out about him.

:rolleyes:

tommyzDad
02-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Find one of his guards that apparently referred to him as the song bird

LOL. Get Rambo out of retirement--again. Remind him that McDrain does not want to find the POWs/MIAs.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6494/rambo001sb2.jpg

NoPants
02-08-2008, 01:09 PM

HA! Nice.

NoPants
02-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Scandal? Health problems? That's not how we want to win. Remember how the media has treated us to this point. we'll if we won because of either of those reasons you can bet they'll poison us as the "lucky long shot who should never have been nominated"

We have to win the public opinion, not a win by default. They're crucify us in the general election.

gracebkr
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM

only God lives forever. Anyways, I think until we have more definitive proof that he is indeed the Beast, then we ought to go ahead and toy with the idea of his mortality.

aksmith
02-08-2008, 01:21 PM
We have to get in first. Any way that happens would be fine.

But the original poster really missed the point. The candidates have not all quit. Mitt "suspended" his campaign. He still controls his delegates. If InSANE drops out for any reason, he'd just start up the campaign again. Romney was a fool for dropping out. He didn't have to spend a dime and he still would have ended up second in delegates and in a very strong position should InSane have a problem.

nbhadja
02-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Scandal? Health problems? That's not how we want to win. Remember how the media has treated us to this point. we'll if we won because of either of those reasons you can bet they'll poison us as the "lucky long shot who should never have been nominated"

We have to win the public opinion, not a win by default. They're crucify us in the general election.

Our country's future along with potentially millions of lives (pakistanis, iranians etc) are on the line. I could careless how we win.

KevinR
02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
scandal pls

humanic
02-08-2008, 01:27 PM

This is true. This is a revolution of ideas. What happens if Dr. Paul got sick or died or got killed? Without the necessary sea change in public consciousness, our revolution would be set back drastically. Changing minds is even more important than getting Dr. Paul into office. It's the only way.

Creedy: Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
V For Vendetta

ConstitutionGal
02-08-2008, 01:32 PM
We have to get in first. Any way that happens would be fine.

But the original poster really missed the point. The candidates have not all quit. Mitt "suspended" his campaign. He still controls his delegates. If InSANE drops out for any reason, he'd just start up the campaign again. Romney was a fool for dropping out. He didn't have to spend a dime and he still would have ended up second in delegates and in a very strong position should InSane have a problem.

I have to think that since us RP supporters are working toward a brokered convention that the higher-ups in the RNC have to realize what is going on too. Mittens actually looked close to tears when he was making his announcement yesterday so I have to wonder if he wasn't pressured into more or less dropping out behind the scenes in order to try and prevent a brokered situation. hmmm...

humanic
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I have to think that since us RP supporters are working toward a brokered convention that the higher-ups in the RNC have to realize what is going on too. Mittens actually looked close to tears when he was making his announcement yesterday so I have to wonder if he wasn't pressured into more or less dropping out behind the scenes in order to try and prevent a brokered situation. hmmm...

Very likely.

purplechoe
02-08-2008, 01:44 PM
LOL. Get Rambo out of retirement--again. Remind him that McDrain does not want to find the POWs/MIAs.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6494/rambo001sb2.jpg

Rambo endorsed McCain.

ziggrl
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM

It's coming my friends.

mczerone
02-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Very likely.

Mitt said he was doing it for "the War effort." So that the Democrats wont surrender the War.

Which Democrat is offing immediate 'surrender' overseas?

Last I checked, if Mitt was motivated by "the War", he is doing it as an anti-Paul, pro-"War Monger" measure, not a general "pro-GOP" measure.

humanic
02-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Mitt said he was doing it for "the War effort." So that the Democrats wont surrender the War.

Which Democrat is offing immediate 'surrender' overseas?

Last I checked, if Mitt was motivated by "the War", he is doing it as an anti-Paul, pro-"War Monger" measure, not a general "pro-GOP" measure.

QFT-- exactly.

leipo
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
and McCain known to have health issues...

So what happens if he dies before or after he got the nomination? Can someone from his campaign take over?

tommyzDad
02-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Rambo endorsed McCain.

Damn, I forgot about that. There goes that joke. :rolleyes:

yongrel
02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Romney would just un-suspend his campaign.

icon124
02-08-2008, 02:51 PM
What if Huckabee and McCain somehow fell of the face of the earth (you know what I mean) that would be so hilarious

TruckinMike
02-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Rambo endorsed McCain.

Rambo is the typical anti-gun liberal.

TMike

Sey.Naci
My sense from Mitt's speech yesterday was that his support for the War on Terra is about the hate he feels toward Islam generally. It's a religious hate that's driving him.

sadunkal
This might be your scandal:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/philip-giraldi/sibel-edmonds-must-be-hea_b_84781.html

Quote: "...What makes her story particularly compelling is that the corruption relates to the theft and sale of United States defense secrets, most particularly nuclear technology. ...Many of the officials involved are apparently the same neoconservatives who cooked the books to enable the rush to war against Iraq and who are continuing to urge more wars in the Middle East, most notably against Iran and Syria. Several of them are close allies of leading Republican presidential candidate John McCain. "

Here more info: http://www.bradblog.com/?cat=58

The problem is that the MSM doesn't bother to report about it!

So, check this thread out:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1216836#post1216836

What to do...?

realist
02-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Keep in mind- Romney "suspended" his campaign. I'm quite convinced there were some back room discussions that made him do a 180 within days of declaring he would stay til the convention. If McCain were to withdraw for any reason, it' more likely to see Romney get back into this (as the 2nd highest in delgates), than to have Paul be the nominee will less than 1/4 of delegates of either Romney or Huckabee.

In fact, there's lot's of conjecture about a Huckabee McCain aliance. One school of thought is that Huckabee has stayed in this long to aid McCain by siphoning votes from Romney. Some even suggest that the only reason he didn't pull out right after Romney is becuase that would have given credence to that line of thinking. There are some murmerings that next week might bring a Huckabee withdrawel.

Either way - with Pauls current delegate count versus any of the others, even if McCain were to withdraw- it's doubful he'd have any chance of being the nominee.

wgadget
02-08-2008, 02:59 PM
My sense from Mitt's speech yesterday was that his support for the War on Terra is about the hate he feels toward Islam generally. It's a religious hate that's driving him.

Wow, how ironic.

faisal
02-08-2008, 03:17 PM

lol. He just said that as an excuse to avoid a loss against Hillary Clinton... plus, I guarantee you he'll be running as VP under McCain