PDA

View Full Version : You dialed 911 and we're here to help

XNavyNuke
02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Husband says Macon police used too much force (http://www.macon.com/543/story/261584.html)

One east Macon family's 911 call went awry early Wednesday, in a case police are calling miscommunication.

A husband, mistaken for an abuse suspect, tried to rush his sick wife to the hospital. He ended up being pulled out of his car by officers with their guns drawn.

"I didn't know what they were talking about. My wife was sick, really sick. We thought she was dying. I told them this wasn't domestic, it was a medical emergency," he said.

Brande Jordan and Cora Jordan also exited the vehicle, trying to help Donahue clarify what really was going on.

Brande Jordan approached an officer, pleading to take her mother to the hospital, but was asked to step away.

As Bridgett Donahue screamed to her husband for help from the backseat of their car, Craig Donahue decided to drive away from the officers and head for Coliseum Medical Centers.

He didn't get far.

Had the man just acted like a docile sheep, all of this could have been avoided. :eek:

XNN