PDA

View Full Version : Wow Tucker talking about Ron Paul

SRRP77
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
On MSNBC right now, he was asked if Conservatives really won't vote for McCain and vote for Clinton. He said if conservatives really wanted a conservative they wouldn't dismiss Ron Paul.

hillertexas
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM
damn...missed it

kickzman
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Who gives a damn, even if they wanted Paul votes are being erased.

SRRP77
02-08-2008, 10:55 AM
He said about true conservatives supporting Ron Paul, "let's be honest, the only reason they don't support him is because they don't think he can win"

JMann
02-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Tucker admitting to any more hate/assault crimes today?

familydog
02-08-2008, 11:12 AM
He said about true conservatives supporting Ron Paul, "let's be honest, the only reason they don't support him is because they don't think he can win"

Um...well, it's true. That's what we couldn't get past...the he can't win thing.

Shellshock1918
02-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Um...well, it's true. That's what we couldn't get past...the he can't win thing.

Which is bulsh*t to begin with. If GWB can be President, RON PAUL can be President.

GOP will just have to realize it can't win with a pro-war nominee.

JMann
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Which is bulsh*t to begin with. If GWB can be President, RON PAUL can be President.

GOP will just have to realize it can't win with a pro-war nominee.

Paul demonstrated by his failure to surround himself with a professional staff when he had the money that he can't win. You can't go around the country making the piss poor appearances he did and expect to win. To us we loved the red meat rambling speeches but unless had some real staff and writers around him he had no chance of winning.

thegr8drronpaul
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I just started a thread to discuss this very thing. After listening to talk radio for the past few days, I'm so sick of them implying that McCain has this in the bag. If just someone said "McCain/Hillary are not your only choices - let's take this to a brokered convention"

Can't we just do that? Here's my thread just started:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116035

MsDoodahs
02-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I still believe the GOP does not want to win this time.

NoPants
02-08-2008, 11:19 AM

Let's hope this works to our advantage now. If people assume that McCain has already won the nomination (as the media now claims) we should see significant drops in voter turnout. The sheep don't want to be bothered to a large extent, but more so they'll think, "why waste my time voting for someone who already won." If we keep getting people out there to vote, even at the small percentages we've been getting, and add more "anti-McCain" votes to the bunch we'll start gathering a lot more delegates. We need all that we can get. Remember this weekend will be big. Washington has a lot of Ron Paul support. I'm not suggesting a win, but we should be able to pick up delegates.

Onward!

rollingpig
tubee? :D

yaz
youtube please

familydog
02-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Let's hope this works to our advantage now. If people assume that McCain has already won the nomination (as the media now claims) we should see significant drops in voter turnout. The sheep don't want to be bothered to a large extent, but more so they'll think, "why waste my time voting for someone who already won." If we keep getting people out there to vote, even at the small percentages we've been getting, and add more "anti-McCain" votes to the bunch we'll start gathering a lot more delegates. We need all that we can get. Remember this weekend will be big. Washington has a lot of Ron Paul support. I'm not suggesting a win, but we should be able to pick up delegates.

Onward!

Good point. I never thought about lower turnout because people think its in the bag.

thegr8drronpaul
02-08-2008, 11:25 AM
In my opinion (feel free to argue) we need to either team up with Huck -or on our own- put out ads that are directed to McCain haters. Say that he does NOT have this in the bag yet and the only hope we have is to back Paul and/or Huck and get this to a brokered convention.

RCRanger03
02-08-2008, 11:25 AM
toob it

NoPants
02-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Use this argument to our advantage. It's so much easier now because there is a specific enemy. When the field was crowded it was harder to fight because everyone had Romney as the "anti-McCain" vote. Now when you encounter someone that is against McCain and they argue that Dr. Paul can't win, AGREE WITH THEM. Tell them, "You're probably right, but he can keep McCain from winning." Let them know that the longer it takes McCain to get the required delegates the better. It's widely believed that there will be other candidates entering the race. If there was ever a year where people will want a 3rd party, Libertarian or other party candidate this is it. So many people, Democrat and Republican alike, are distressed by the remaining choices. They don't know what to do. This is the year the other parties have been waiting for. You'll have 5 choices or more when the general election happens. But we have to buy more time. We must keep McCain from declaring victory as long as possible to make the most inviting situation for more candidates. The Democrats are locked against each other, it's taken care of on that side. But Republicans need to vote for Dr. Paul to even out the field. We make this go the the convention and send a signal.

Of course we want Dr. Paul to get delegates and be able to win at the convention, but this argument is easy to make to someone who opposes McCain and isn't sure about Dr. Paul. I think it can work.

Now go find those anti-McCain voters!

phree
02-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Agreed. Whoever is elected President will be up against some of the biggest challenges our country has seen in a long time. The safest thing for the GOP is probably to let the Dems run things while we sink deeper into the shit.

Of course the one good option is being overlooked...

slantedview
02-08-2008, 11:35 AM

damn straight! that is exactly what i'd tell Rush if i could.

Join The Paul Side
02-08-2008, 11:38 AM
damn straight! that is exactly what i'd tell Rush if i could.

Just so you know, Rush does have a radio show that you can call into to tell him if you really wanted to. In fact he is on right now if you care to back up your statement. :D

http://www.wabcradio.com/listenlive.asp

linusPAULing
02-08-2008, 11:39 AM

I agree. The establishment wanted Bush the last time, as evidenced by John Kerry running a terrible campaign, and rolling over amidst rampant vote fraud.

This time it's Hilary's turn. I expect McCain to hand the presidency right over to her.

Perhaps we'll have 100 years of Bush/Clinton rule. We're nearly a quarter of the way there.

ButchHowdy
02-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Rickroll or it vanishes from the pages of time

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-08-2008, 11:40 AM
In my opinion (feel free to argue) we need to either team up with Huck -or on our own- put out ads that are directed to McCain haters. Say that he does NOT have this in the bag yet and the only hope we have is to back Paul and/or Huck and get this to a brokered convention.

I wouldn't mention 'McCain not having it in the bag' any more (1st rule of fight club)... Simply let people know that others can now vote for who they want to win (Ron Paul) rather than who they think will win! :) If it's already decided, why not vote Ron Paul anyways?

Hunter

Hancock1776
02-08-2008, 11:53 AM

Was there ever any question that the Megaparty was coronating HRC since 2000?

yongrel
02-08-2008, 11:56 AM

Agreed. Like Ann Coulter said this morning on the Today Show (shameful for me to watch, I know) the Republicans benefit more from the Hillary Clinton disaster than they do from the John McCain disaster.

Tim724
02-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Paul demonstrated by his failure to surround himself with a professional staff when he had the money that he can't win. You can't go around the country making the piss poor appearances he did and expect to win. To us we loved the red meat rambling speeches but unless had some real staff and writers around him he had no chance of winning.

This is said a lot, but I'm not sure I agree. There have been libertarian figures in the past that were very polished with crisp taking points and they failed to get the traction that Dr Paul has. Harry Browne comes to mind as an example.

There is something special and unique about Ron Paul. I think his unwavering honesty and consistency along with his virtuous life story gained more supporters than his flaws lost supporters.

That said, he probably could have done atleast a little better with a higher grade team around him. His ill-fitting suits are just one obvious piece of evidence that the campaign is missing some important details.

I guess the question is how much farther could he have gone with a top-notch campaign team? That is a question that does torture us hardcore supporters a bit.

MsDoodahs
02-08-2008, 11:57 AM
You know, Tucker did his part to increase Ron's negatives, and for that, Tucker should be ashamed of himself.

The entire GOP/MSM machine did its part to get Ron's negatives so high that it would take miracles for us to overcome them.

:mad:

Live Free
02-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Onward!That is exactly what I have been thinking and greatly hoping will be the case.

itshappening
02-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I agree. The establishment wanted Bush the last time, as evidenced by John Kerry running a terrible campaign, and rolling over amidst rampant vote fraud.

This time it's Hilary's turn. I expect McCain to hand the presidency right over to her.

Perhaps we'll have 100 years of Bush/Clinton rule. We're nearly a quarter of the way there.

hmm, clinton for 8 years, then Jeb for 8 years then Chelsea in 16 years !

MsDoodahs
02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
I guess the question is how much farther could he have gone with a top-notch campaign team? That is a question that does torture us hardcore supporters a bit.

That question doesn't torture me, because I look at Romney - best suits, perfect hair, great team, ample funding, television ads that were actually professional and well done - running on the business channels all the time for a month or more before this thing got off the ground even.

He had all that and what did it get him? A suspended campaign.

McCain was out of money and dead in the water.

The MSM revived McCain.

The MSM stranglehold killed the nation.

MsDoodahs
02-08-2008, 12:07 PM

And don't forget, there's a younger Bush, VERY attractive young man...he's in that line, too.

:mad::mad:

God this thread is making me angry. lol...

rexsolomon
02-08-2008, 12:15 PM
That question doesn't torture me, because I look at Romney - best suits, perfect hair, great team, ample funding, television ads that were actually professional and well done - running on the business channels all the time for a month or more before this thing got off the ground even.

He had all that and what did it get him? A suspended campaign.

McCain was out of money and dead in the water.

The MSM revived McCain.

The MSM stranglehold killed the nation.

Well Romney suspended rather than gave up. It is likely that he is aiming for VP. With McCain sounding exactly like GWB during the debates and with his age, making a deal with McCain made sense. Guiliani was left holding the bag, and that was fun to watch.

The MSM is a far third as the killer. I blame poor education regarding critical thinking and the breakdown of family values and family communications.

Russellk30
02-08-2008, 12:16 PM

Woooooeeeeeeee, lets go live up in the mountains and declare ourselves a sovereign nation.

TER
02-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Guiliani was left holding the bag, and that was fun to watch.

Imagine Rudolph Guiliani as Attorney General?

RonPaulFTFW
02-08-2008, 12:19 PM
F U TUCKER!

smear job hack.

MsDoodahs
02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
The MSM is a far third as the killer. I blame poor education regarding critical thinking and the breakdown of family values and family communications.

You're right. We have a population that hasn't got the ability to question the ... CRAP ... they see on television.

Add to that the breakdown of the family which causes more and more to rely on the state rather than charity AND which encourages people to remain forever children instead of ever maturing to adulthood...

Yeah, we're so totally ... screwed.

rexsolomon
02-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Imagine Rudolph Guiliani as Attorney General?

If I am not mistaken, the Ghoul held that position once. There would be means to block him as AG, but as VP? Cheney would look like Gandhi compared to what Guiliani is capable of - if his actions in NYC is any guide.

Jae0
02-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Jeez Tucker you wait till now to say something like that?! I love Tucker but sometimes... her drops the ball. Oh well, he can repent by screaming about Paul every chance he gets.

ninnarae
02-08-2008, 12:58 PM
At the recent Minnesota Caucus I attended, our precinct straw poll ended up- Romney 21, Paul 13, McCain 6 and Huckabee 3. We were more organized however, and took 6 of 7 of our precinct delegates along with most of the alternate spots. The thing that most bothered me, is how many Romney supporters stood up and stated they although they thought Paul was the best candidate, he couldn't win, so they were voting for Romney to stop McCain and not waste their vote. Many Ron Paul supporters stood up and tried to get people (sheep) to realize they needed to stand up for what they believe. People need to learn to vote their consciences, and not jump on the bandwagon- the only wasted vote is the one not cast!

kgiese
02-08-2008, 01:01 PM
That's what they said about the NY Giants.

seapilot
02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
At the recent Minnesota Caucus I attended, our precinct straw poll ended up- Romney 21, Paul 13, McCain 6 and Huckabee 3. We were more organized however, and took 6 of 7 of our precinct delegates along with most of the alternate spots. The thing that most bothered me, is how many Romney supporters stood up and stated they although they thought Paul was the best candidate, he couldn't win, so they were voting for Romney to stop McCain and not waste their vote. Many Ron Paul supporters stood up and tried to get people (sheep) to realize they needed to stand up for what they believe. People need to learn to vote their consciences, and not jump on the bandwagon- the only wasted vote is the one not cast!

Sheep mentality is hard to overcome because its powerful. This may benefit us however, in the next wave of caucuses most the sheep will believe that McCain has it in the bag and wont bother to show up to vote.

All the caucues before and Super Tuesday hurt us because of the media hype and stop McCain at all costs syndrome that caused a higher than normal turnout.

From now on expect a normal or low turnout.

jarofclay
02-08-2008, 01:11 PM

The GOP is holding their nose to McCain, but they absolutely despise Ron Paul. He is not a "party player" and won't roll with the good ole boys in Washington and therefore they are trouncing him. Look at what they did we he ran in 96? in Texas when they got a Democrat to run against him for his seat. They can't stand this guy because he makes them look bad. And that is why we love him!

I'm with everyone that he shouldn't try to go third-party, but this is like being married in a LOVELESS relationship with the GOP. How long will it go on?

ANSWER: Until we take back our party.

fabijo
02-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Let's hope this works to our advantage now. If people assume that McCain has already won the nomination (as the media now claims) we should see significant drops in voter turnout. The sheep don't want to be bothered to a large extent, but more so they'll think, "why waste my time voting for someone who already won."

Great thinking! We should definitely start to see an impact here.