PDA

View Full Version : Should We Continue Donating to Ron Paul's Campaign?

Theocrat
02-08-2008, 10:43 AM
In light of the results of "Super Tuesday," it seems to me that some supporters of Dr. Paul have given up on his chances to win and, reluctantly, have dropped out of his campaign. I, on the other hand, still believe there's hope that Dr. Paul can win in a brokered convention if we continue to donate more money to his campaign, work diligently across the nation to get his message out to voters in States that haven't voted yet, hold the mainstream media accountable, battle vote fraud, and, most importantly, pray.

So, my question to you, my fellow grassroots supporters of Congressman Paul, is should we continue donating to the Ron Paul campaign? Take the poll, and then post your thoughts about why or why not, at your leisure.

SWATH
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Of course you should, you have no choice!

ggibson1
I have put in $100 since super tuesday. I wish several thousand more would join me. Ron Pauls message is the important thing right? This wasnt just a game about "winning" to everyone right? Then he needs to spread the message on TV... that means $$$$

ike
No brainer.

Yes, this campaign isn't over!

jaumen
02-08-2008, 10:47 AM
If you have the money, then donate. It's that simple. Don't give up on Dr. Paul or his message. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

wfd40
02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
I have put in $100 since super tuesday. I wish several thousand more would join me. Ron Pauls message is the important thing right? This wasnt just a game about "winning" to everyone right? Then he needs to spread the message on TV... that means $$$$

a very powerful letter/email from Dr. Paul saying as much certainly wouldn't hurt, its been 'crickets' since Tuesday... obama has sent me like 3 letters since then asking for mula...

:o

affa
02-08-2008, 10:50 AM
obviously.

donate now, in fact.

KewlRonduderules
02-08-2008, 10:52 AM
this is the dumbest question and should not really be in the grassroots section.

Back to the truther dungeon (hot topics)!!!

Esor
Don't forget about Paul's congressional campaign: http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/
Goal is 400k, piece of cake guys.

ike
Just donated $50 to back up my vote.

Hit it!

Spontaneous mini-money-bomb!

DO IT!

m72mc
02-08-2008, 10:53 AM
If u wan´t to avoid being drafted and bankrupt, you should!

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 10:55 AM
From yesterday...

William Colley,

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T439561-114512320

If any of you are curious as to why this is still a good idea may I suggest viewing this video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958).

brunner
02-08-2008, 10:58 AM
I, on the other hand, still believe there's hope that Dr. Paul can win in a brokered convention if we continue to donate more money to his campaign, work diligently across the nation to get his message out to voters in States that haven't voted yet, hold the mainstream media accountable, battle vote fraud, and, most importantly, pray.

What am I missing, folks? Don't you understand that McCain only has to get 477 of the remaining 1017 delegates? How do you plan to prevent that? Don't you realize this why Mitt dropped out?

The best shot there is now is for Ron to run independent after Hillary secures the Democrats' nomination.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-08-2008, 11:00 AM
If Ron runs independent or third party, I will max out.

jrich4rpaul
02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Sure, let's stop donating so Ron Paul is forced to drop out.

He won't go on if he's in debt. When the money's gone, so is Ron Paul, got it?

We need to keep the donations going. Not this 10 grand per day shit.

Energy
02-08-2008, 11:03 AM
What's the point of a poll when the answer is obvious. In for the long haul. No one knows what can happen. McWar could fizzle out, get swiftboated or get hit by a meteor.

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
What am I missing, folks? Don't you understand that McCain only has to get 477 of the remaining 1017 delegates? How do you plan to prevent that? Don't you realize this why Mitt dropped out?

The best shot there is now is for Ron to run independent after Hillary secures the Democrats' nomination.

Watch the video.

Ron Paul winning or loosing the Presidency in 2008 is but a battle, albeit a significant one, in the ongoing war.

The better he does even in defeat the more progress will be made towards the ultimate goal of restoring the USA to something that resembles a more Constitutional government.

brunner
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Sure, let's stop donating so Ron Paul is forced to drop out.

He won't go on if he's in debt. When the money's gone, so is Ron Paul, got it?

We need to keep the donations going. Not this 10 grand per day shit.

I didn't say we should stop donating. I said, thanks to Mitt, there will be no brokered convention.

I have friends I grew up with who are being shot at in Fallujah right now. I'm not about to give up.

A. Havnes
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Since when does a Revolution stop just because you lost some battles? How long did MLK have to fight before blacks were given a little more respect? How about the abolishment of slavery? The women's sufferage movement? Or even looking at the French Revolution or the Russian Revolution. Granted, I really wish the Russian Revolution hadn't included the genocide of everyone bearing the name Romanov or anyone aquainted with them, but the point is, people have power. We're not supposed to know this, or, at the very least, we're supposed to think we're already in control. Some of us aren't as delusional as that. Our liberties are being taken away. Ron Paul winning the Presidency would be amazing! But even if he doesn't, these forums should be kept alive for those of us who pursue freedom anyway.

linusPAULing
02-08-2008, 11:56 AM
We must donate. I recommend donating 2/3 to RP's congressional campaign,

http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/

(until he reaches his goal of $400K) and 1/3 to the presidential campaign.

yongrel
02-08-2008, 11:56 AM
FFS, yes!

ConstitutionGal
02-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I honesty think, thanks to Rolling Thunder and their affiliates, McCain better prepare for a national swift-boat campaign. A great many of the 'conservative' talk-show hosts and media pundits have already given out the dirt on Huckabee. With these two about to go down in flames, Dr. Paul is going to be the last man standing on the Republican side IF we can keep him funded.

As has been demonstrated since Mitten's CPAC speech, the self-styled 'conservatives' will eventually get behind the one that they think 'can win'. Once McCain is outed and Hucks transgressions are kept public, these 'conservatives' will have no choice but to back Ron Paul simply by process of elimination.

It is up to US to keep spreading the word about Dr. Paull as well as about McAmnesty/Campaign Finance Reform/Keating 5/War Collaberator McCain and Tax Hike/Mexican Goverment Loving/I'm the Only One with a Theology Degree Huckabee.

Now start telling 10 friends and encouraging them to start telling 10 friends!!

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 12:11 PM
It's not over until we quit!!! It's not over until we quit!! It's not over until we quit!!!
It's not over until we quit!!! It's not over until we quit!! It's not over until we quit!!!

jesus

Kotin
02-08-2008, 12:12 PM
guys, has anyone else noticed that fundraising has all but dried up to about 20,000 a day or less...

we need to do something about this.

kgiese
02-08-2008, 12:13 PM
People freely give money to support a cause they believe in. Isn't that really what a donation is?

I hate to use a sports analogy, but I am still going to do it:
"You will miss every ball that you do not swing at."-author unknown

I know that this sentence ends in a preposition, but I am not an English major. I am sure that there are many people here much brighter than me that can get this message across.

I hope you are not advocating quitting, because you will never win, if you quit. I picked Dr. Paul, because I didn't figure him to be a quitter.

TER
02-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Good point...

Jae0
02-08-2008, 12:15 PM
No money = no campaign

Gotta donate.

fedup100
02-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Why would a true supporter of Paul post such a post? You should be ashamed of yourself or quit your troll job. Hope you are misguided, but I can't let your post go without my comment. Paul knows what he is doing. He plans to stay with the GOP as long as possible for many good reasons. McCain will self implode. Huck is broke and Romney screwed up big time, his people are already revolting.

Forget brokered convention, Paul could wind up the only man standing at the convention!!!! But should song bird stay in, follow the post below and learn how we get our presidents and Paul is really winning this thing.

PLEASE READ THE EMAILS BELOW TO UNDERSTAND WHY WE CAN WIN. THE FOLLOWING LINK IS ALSO A GOOD READ. PLEASE GO TO YOUR CAUCUS AND BECOME A DELEGATE. Thanks for all you are doing to save our country!

The Strategy is Working... A Must Read...
http://ron-paul-campaign.blogspot.com/2008/02/super-tuesday-winner.html
----- Original Message -----
Becoming a delegate takes less time than it does to read the following:

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN WIN THE NOMINATION AND STOP LISTENING TO THE MSM FOR YOUR INFO!
Posted February 6th, 2008 by SGP

I hope someone will put this on the front page so it doesn't get lost.

The MSM is not reporting how to become the nominee in a situation like this so I will tell you to stop getting your info from the MSM.

I know many of you are bummed about yesterday BUT THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE ELECTION SYSTEM WORKS : Let me explain to you the reality of how to become the nominee.

First stop looking at who wins each states popular vote for most of these states the vote by the people is really nothing but a straw poll and have no real bearing on who will become the nominee. The only way this matters i s if 1 person receives 1192 delegates that are bound by state rules to be committed to that candidate. So if a candidate like McCain has 600 delegates now and he doesn't reach 1192 most of the delegates the state awarded him mean nothing and keep in mind in most of the states most of the people that represent the 600 for McCain are actually Ron Paul supporters. NOW there is no possible way that anyone in the race can achieve this goal now because of the major split in state wins by the candidates.

So what happens now you ask? You look at the number of delegates that Dr. Paul has that are uncommitted to the other candidates and will support him. these delegates are not decided by the popular vote ie: straw poll of the people. Since no one will have enough delegates to skate them through to the nomination we now must look at how many delegates NOT VOTES but delegates Dr. Paul has that are 100% uncommitted to the other candidates and will be 100% for Dr. Paul and are free to vote for whom they wish.

This race will go all the way to the convention for there is no other way for someone to receive the nomination until the convention.

The RNC will convene its annual Winter Meeting - and voters will continue to cast their ballots in the nation's primaries and caucuses. Candidates for delegate and alternate delegate to the convention will be elected - and thousands of convention participants and guests will begin planning their trips to Minneapolis-Saint Paul The first week in September 2008

SO WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN?

This means that all of the people that registered to become a delegate for Dr. Paul can go to the convention and cast their vote for Dr. Paul, now think about what i just said : Do you think for one second that all the people that voted for Dr. Paul and filed to become a delegate will not show up at the convention to vote for the good Doctor? Of course they will just like they battled the rain and the sleet and the 15 below zero winter weather to knock on doors and wave signs spreading our message.

Now i assure you that even though we didn't win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes they won the straw poll and we won what counts which is delegates.

Doesn't Dr. Paul need to WIN 5 states to be on the ballot at the convention for the nomination?

NO THIS IS NOT TRUE for people were just confused on how it actually works.

We only need the majority of delegates from 5 states to be put on the ballot NOT THE POPULAR VOTE OF 5 STATES and i assure you we have picked up the majority of uncommitted delegates for Dr. Paul in more than 5 states.

Do any of you remember seeing posts by myself and many others that said BECOME A DELEGATE? There is still time in most states to become a delegate for the convention and we are picking up more of them every day.

So please STOP you worry too much because you do not understand how the election system works and you thought we lost didn't you?

The fact is Dr. Paul is a genius in his strategy and we are further ahead in delegates than you think and we can win the nomination.

I hope this gives a better understanding of how we have been winning even though most of you thought we were not.

NOW LETS KEEP WORKING!

Dr. Steve Parent

--
This message was sent by Stuart Grant (boulder@dccnet.com) from The Bellingham Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group.
To learn more about Stuart Grant, visit his/her member profile

txporchpisser
02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

pacelli
02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Now that Mitt is gone, failing to contribute to this campaign will guarantee a Clinton victory. Can you live with that for another 8 years?