PDA

View Full Version : We got a real chance!!

darkdruid
02-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Everyone we got a really chance to get to the convention. I am a delegate in my precinct in Colorado but I was voted under Mitt Romney. Since me and the other delegates we voted in as Mitt Romney's delegates we were committed for the 1st round we NO LONGER are. At the county convention we can vote for ANYONE. So all the people I ran into and let them know that Mitt Romney dropped out said "I have no idea who to vote for now."

This is happening everywhere!!! Guys Romney won 56% of my state. We can take these people off the fence and bring them over to Ron Paul. We need to CONTINUE to fund Ron Paul, and we need to continue spreading the dreams of peace and liberty.

This thread is where we brainstorm how to win the delegates, this is where it all happens. We are the grass roots and they cannot ignore us any longer.

*On a small note we must be VERY CAREFUL how we proceed. Mitt says he dropped out because he: "Didn't want to delay the convention to make us strongest against the democrats." We cannot let them use that against us. We must show them Ron Paul IS the ONLY way the Republicans can win!!!!

Lets do this!! I am a Freshman in college and I have donated $600 dollars to Ron Paul, that's a lot of money for me. I will continue to donate. Lets do this guys!!:D

Here it is Folks!! The 2008 Ron Paul Plan of Action!! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116069 Follow this!!

menoname
02-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Nice, got to keep these threads about delegates bumped.

jrich4rpaul
02-08-2008, 09:58 AM
States Romney won where delegates are now up in the air:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#893

BECOME A DELEGATE!

MrZach
02-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I still can't believe Romney only won 3 of the 119 delegates up for grabs in CA. That is just crazy...

hawks4ronpaul
02-08-2008, 10:07 AM
RP's delegate/convention plan has many hidden advantages and the OP's experience is one of them.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

fedup100
02-08-2008, 10:08 AM
yes, please read this..........

PLEASE READ THE EMAILS BELOW TO UNDERSTAND WHY WE CAN WIN. THE FOLLOWING LINK IS ALSO A GOOD READ. PLEASE GO TO YOUR CAUCUS AND BECOME A DELEGATE. Thanks for all you are doing to save our country!

The Strategy is Working... A Must Read...
http://ron-paul-campaign.blogspot.com/2008/02/super-tuesday-winner.html
----- Original Message -----
Becoming a delegate takes less time than it does to read the following:

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN WIN THE NOMINATION AND STOP LISTENING TO THE MSM FOR YOUR INFO!
Posted February 6th, 2008 by SGP

I hope someone will put this on the front page so it doesn't get lost.

The MSM is not reporting how to become the nominee in a situation like this so i will tell you to stop gettin g your info from the MSM.

I know many of you are bummed about yesterday BUT THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE ELECTION SYSTEM WORKS : Let me explain to you the reality of how to become the nominee.

First stop looking at who wins each states popular vote for most of these states the vote by the people is really nothing but a straw poll and have no real bearing on who will become the nominee. The only way this matters i s if 1 person receives 1192 delegates that are bound by state rules to be commited to that candidate. So if a candiate like Mccain has 600 delegates now and he doesn't reach 1192 most of the delegates the state awarded him mean nothing and keep in mind in most of the states most of the people that represent the 600 for Mccain are actually Ron Paul supporters. NOW there is no possible way that anyone in the race can achieve this goal now because of the major split in state wins by the candidates.

So what happens now you ask? You look at the number of delegates that Dr. Paul has that are uncommited to the other candidates and will support him. these delegates are not decided by the popular vote ie: straw poll of the people. Since no one will have enough delegates to skate them through to the nomination we now must look at how many delegates NOT VOTES but delegates Dr. Paul has that are 100% uncommited to the other candidates and will be 100% for Dr. Paul and are free to vote for whom they wish.

This race will go all the way to the convention for there is no other way for someone to receive the nomintaion untill the convention.

The RNC will convene its annual Winter Meeting - and voters will continue to cast their ballots in the nation's primaries and caucuses. Candidates for delegate and alternate delegate to the convention will be elected - and thousands of convention participants and guests will begin planning their trips to Minneapolis-Saint Paul The first week in September 2008

SO WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN?

This means that all of the people that registered to become a deligate for Dr. Paul can go to the convention and cast thier vote for Dr. Paul, now think about what i just said : Do you think for one second that all the people that voted for Dr. Paul and filed to become a deligate will not show up at the convention to vote for the good Doctor? Of course they will just like they battled the rain and the sleet and the 15 below zero winter weather to knock on doors and wave signs spreading our message.

Now i assure you that even though we didn't win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes they won the straw poll and we won what counts which is delegates.

Doesn't Dr. Paul need to WIN 5 states to be on the ballot at the convention for the nomination?

NO THIS IS NOT TRUE for people were just confused on how it actually works.

We only need the majority of delegates from 5 states to be put on the ballot NOT THE POPULAR VOTE OF 5 STATES and i assure you we have picked up the majority of uncommitted delegates for Dr. Paul in more than 5 states.

Do any of you remember seeing posts by myself and many others that said BECOME A DELEGATE? There is still time in most states to become a delegate for the convention and we are picking up more of them every day.

So please STOP you worry too much because you do not understand how the election system works and you thought we lost didn't you?

The fact is Dr. Paul is a genius in his strategy and we are further ahead in delegates than you think and we can win the nomination.

I hope this gives a better understanding of how we have been winning even though most of you thought we were not.

NOW LET'S KEEP WORKING!

Dr. Steve Parent

--
This message was sent by Stuart Grant (boulder@dccnet.com) from The Bellingham Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group.
To learn more about Stuart Grant, visit his/her member profile

Sauron
02-08-2008, 10:08 AM
When we are successful, AND WE WILL BE, we have a real chance at this revolution, a revolution in which a credible constitutional republic can use its checks and balances to fulfill the promise and vision of the founding founders for freedom, prosperity and peace!

fabijo
02-08-2008, 10:09 AM
darkdruid, I hope people around the country did what you did - go in as a delegate for another candidate, but truly support RP. Some of us really need to see that a brokered convention is still a possibility.

Thanks for spreading the news to us and the message to your fellow delegates. Let's keep this up! :D

crazyfacedjenkins
02-08-2008, 10:09 AM
WOW, good job. I hope there are many others like you.

darkdruid
02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
And right now we have more Cash on Hand than any other Republican!!!
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/money/gop.html

This is where the money bombs come in! This is where it all happens. We need to discuss and tell everyone about Ron Paul instead of letting the Media use crappy sound bites to doing so!! Now is the best time to fund this campaign. Now is when it changes everything.

tbrambo
02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Ron Paul for the LONG HAUL!

RoyalShock
02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
And right now we have more Cash on Hand than any other Republican!!!
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/money/gop.html

Don't put too much into that. The info there is as of Dec. 31. Although I suspect Paul still has more cash-on-hand. The question is, just how much?

menoname
02-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Here's another good thread about delegates. Please keep it bumped also.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115804

itshappening
02-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I just posted about Montana, they're bound to Romney in the first round of voting at the convention but are free to vote for whoever else afterwards and they dont select their delegates until June!!

Bubba
02-08-2008, 10:30 AM
el bumpo

darkdruid
02-08-2008, 10:38 AM
This was my caucus experience: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1218004

I still was voted as a delegate guys. I stood up for what I believe in and they respected that. That's what this is about!!!

MrAustin
02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Go to this link: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/

Select your state's headquarters link at the bottom (not the map).

That will get you started if you don't know where to start. My county convention is in April, and my state convention (Arizona) is not until May. I'll be there.

Now DONATE and keep Ron Paul Funded. He has said repeatedly that he will stay in the race AS LONG AS HE HAS THE SAME GRASSROOTS SUPPORT AND FUNDRAISING!

Thank you for your generous donation of $25.00!

Contribution received!
Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

KevinR
02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I still can't believe Romney only won 3 of the 119 delegates up for grabs in CA. That is just crazy...

CA Fraud? >_>

ike
02-08-2008, 10:44 AM
This is very important.

Find out who Romney delegates are and convert them, or become their alternates if they are no longer planning to attend the state or national election!

darkdruid
02-08-2008, 11:23 AM
bumpity

familydog
02-08-2008, 11:25 AM
If you're for Ron Paul, but a delegate for Romney...wonder how many McCain delegates are in the same boat...

Avalon
02-08-2008, 11:37 AM
My county convention is in April, and my state convention (Arizona) is not until May. I'll be there. If you want to be sure you'll get there and that it will matter, you need to recruit as many delegates to that county convention and other county conventions as possible. It doesn't matter if they are Ron Paul supporters or friends, family members, or neighbors, as long as you can get them there and vote for you and other RP supporters, that's all that matters. Sweep these conventions!

bucfish
02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
We will win if we get the most delegates

RonPaulFever
02-08-2008, 11:52 AM
When we are successful, AND WE WILL BE, we have a real chance at this revolution, a revolution in which a credible constitutional republic can use its checks and balances to fulfill the promise and vision of the founding founders for freedom, prosperity and peace!

It's a big idea!

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 11:59 AM
darkdruid, I hope people around the country did what you did - go in as a delegate for another candidate, but truly support RP. Some of us really need to see that a brokered convention is still a possibility.

Do your math and you'll see that if we can get the word out that McCain's pro gun control, has a highly questionable record on veterans' issues, has a highly questionable record during his Vietnam captivity, and whatever it takes, no one will be able to win that first round of voting at the convention. No winner in the first round? Brokered convention!

Don't even worry about who people in the remaining states will vote for. Make sure they vote against McCain!

And get a slot as a delegate! In my precinct we so took over that I had to settle for being an alternate--one of two Paul alternates behind two Ron Paul delegates!

darkdruid
02-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Everyone WE MUST GET ORGANIZED AGAIN. If you don't know what to do please follow this link: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116069

That is what we must do to win!

fabijo
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
If you're for Ron Paul, but a delegate for Romney...wonder how many McCain delegates are in the same boat...

All you need to be is a Ron Paul delegate within a state that McCain won. You might be bound in the first round, but after that it's whoever you want! :D

txporchpisser
02-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!