PDA

View Full Version : where to buy gold and silver?

misa
02-08-2008, 09:52 AM
where can I buy gold online? and I don't mean GLD, but actual gold, something like goldmoney.com, where they store the gold for you.

bullionvault.com is another, but they only do gold, and no silver. Does anyone know other reputable companies, ones that has ACH or check as their funding method??

thanks.

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Try www.mjpm.com for one source I've used.

Sauron
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM
www.apmex.com is the best place

Apparition
02-08-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm very leary about storing my gold somewhere that I don't have access to it... but that's just me.

tuckessee
02-08-2008, 10:20 AM
ebay.

dlm1968
02-08-2008, 10:26 AM
apmex is good and so is bulliondirect.com

youngbuck
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm very leary about storing my gold somewhere that I don't have access to it... but that's just me.

Same here... I recommend having possession of it yourself. ;)

jack555
02-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Apmex is the cheapest and best. Don't pay buy credit card or they will rape you on shipping.

adam1mc
02-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Be careful of using these types of services. I've heard from multiple sources that "promises" for both gold and silver far out weigh the actual supplies. If the market has a turn for the worse and all the owners attempt to collect on their promises; they may find out the hard way that they didn't actually 'own' gold.

The best thing to do is buy the gold and silver outright. Either go out and purchase a heavy duty safe and bolt it to the ground or if you could probably be secure by purchasing a safety deposit box and storing it there. They are about $15 - $25 a year.

Paul Revered
02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
apmex is good and so is bulliondirect.comAre they better than Kitco?

kgiese
02-08-2008, 11:52 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amero

There is nothing "Federal" about the Federal Reserve. America does not make its own money. America borrows money from the Federal Reserve, which is largely held by private foreign banks. Does America lack the know how on making its own money?

Soon you will all have Ameros. Modern money is over 90% electronic. Which means that any disruption in power distribution would also eliminate money in America. No electricity=no money. Simple and scary math. My solution would be to allow a distributed network of energy production within peoples homes. Wind, water, solar, and kinetic would be my first sources. "The History of Money" was an interesting book, if you would like to learn more about the thing you slave/work for.

raystone
02-08-2008, 12:01 PM
investmentrarities.com ask for Ellen

need to take possession of it, if the S does HF, you'll want it on hand and not risk losing it toanother government confiscation

youngbuck
02-08-2008, 12:08 PM
or if you could probably be secure by purchasing a safety deposit box and storing it there. They are about $15 - $25 a year.

During the last gold confiscation, they had government agents supervise you when you wanted to access your safety deposit box. I'd recommend having it somewhere that you have the sole authority to access.

JSutter
02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
I like BullionDirect. You can either buy from their catalog or on their exchange, and you can sell on their exchange. Everything you're buying is physical metals and you can store them for free until it's worth shipping then have it all sent at once or hold it in your account and trade on the exchange.

I started a Roth IRA with Sterling Trust and use it to fund my BullionDirect account. I can put $5000 a year in there and any profit I make is tax free. I drop $400 a month in there and then anything I have to invest beyond that I buy from BullionDirect or ebay and hold myself.

With the Roth IRA you can withdraw your contributions tax free at any time [but not profits]. If things start to look really crazy I'll pull my contributions from there in the form of gold or silver and leave my profits in to trade with so I don't get penalized.

youngbuck
02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Sounds pretty good JSutter, I'll have to look into eventually getting something like that set up for myself.

LukeNM
02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Goto http://goldismoney.info/forums/ they have an entire section devoted to purchasing precious metals (physical gold & silver) and also a vendor ratings section.

thompsonisland
02-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Burt Blumert at LRC.com is also a gold/silver dealer, and he has been very friendly and helpful in advising me. RIght now, AG Edwards is holding some of mine, but I agree that I would like to have it myself. The trick is, how to store it? I have been told that selling it is a little bit of an issue if you have held it, because it has to be re-weighed, but whatever. I just want it so that I can buy bread after the Apocalypse.

JSutter
02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I have been told that selling it is a little bit of an issue if you have held it, because it has to be re-weighed, but whatever. I just want it so that I can buy bread after the Apocalypse.

That's not entirely true. Most dealers and individuals will buy government stamped coins [US, South African, Canadian, whatever] and bars from reputable producers like Englehard [if they're still in the package] without giving a thought to weighing them. If you're holding unstamped bars or knockoff rounds people may want to weigh them and do a purity check. If you're holding U.S. silver coins, gold or silver eagles, Krugerrands, or Maple Leafs you should have no problem ever getting rid of them.