PDA

View Full Version : Phone Calls To Romney Delegates And Unbounds: WHO IS DOING THIS!?!

greendiseaser
02-08-2008, 09:32 AM
THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Who is getting in contact with the delegates for Romney, and any unbounds.

Particularly in states that are potentialy going ot get us action on this Rule 32, "Majority of 5 States", "Suspend The Rules" issue?

WE NEED TO ORGANIZE AROUND THIS ISSUE.

Who is doing this?
Is there any suggested proceedure for going about this.
What is the official campaigns position on this?
Do we care?

How do we contact them without pissing them off?

What are the best tactics and talking points to mention in these conversations?

WE NEED ORGANIZATION, AND WE NEED LISTS, AND WE NEED SUGGESTIONS, TIME, AND MORE ORGANIZATION!

Lets GET THIS DONE, FOLKS.

This is our "cheat code"!

greendiseaser
02-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Here is THE strategy point by point..........

PLEASE READ THE EMAILS BELOW TO UNDERSTAND WHY WE CAN WIN. THE FOLLOWING LINK IS ALSO A GOOD READ. PLEASE GO TO YOUR CAUCUS AND BECOME A DELEGATE. Thanks for all you are doing to save our country!

The Strategy is Working... A Must Read...
http://ron-paul-campaign.blogspot.com/2008/02/super-tuesday-winner.html
----- Original Message -----
Becoming a delegate takes less time than it does to read the following:

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN WIN THE NOMINATION AND STOP LISTENING TO THE MSM FOR YOUR INFO!
Posted February 6th, 2008 by SGP

I hope someone will put this on the front page so it doesn't get lost.

The MSM is not reporting how to become the nominee in a situation like this so i will tell you to stop gettin g your info from the MSM.

I know many of you are bummed about yesterday BUT THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE ELECTION SYSTEM WORKS : Let me explain to you the reality of how to become the nominee.

First stop looking at who wins each states popular vote for most of these states the vote by the people is really nothing but a straw poll and have no real bearing on who will become the nominee. The only way this matters i s if 1 person receives 1192 delegates that are bound by state rules to be commited to that candidate. So if a candiate like Mccain has 600 delegates now and he doesn't reach 1192 most of the delegates the state awarded him mean nothing and keep in mind in most of the states most of the people that represent the 600 for Mccain are actually Ron Paul supporters. NOW there is no possible way that anyone in the race can achieve this goal now because of the major split in state wins by the candidates.

So what happens now you ask? You look at the number of delegates that Dr. Paul has that are uncommited to the other candidates and will support him. these delegates are not decided by the popular vote ie: straw poll of the people. Since no one will have enough delegates to skate them through to the nomination we now must look at how many delegates NOT VOTES but delegates Dr. Paul has that are 100% uncommited to the other candidates and will be 100% for Dr. Paul and are free to vote for whom they wish.

This race will go all the way to the convention for there is no other way for someone to receive the nomintaion untill the convention.

The RNC will convene its annual Winter Meeting - and voters will continue to cast their ballots in the nation's primaries and caucuses. Candidates for delegate and alternate delegate to the convention will be elected - and thousands of convention participants and guests will begin planning their trips to Minneapolis-Saint Paul The first week in September 2008

SO WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN?

This means that all of the people that registered to become a deligate for Dr. Paul can go to the convention and cast thier vote for Dr. Paul, now think about what i just said : Do you think for one second that all the people that voted for Dr. Paul and filed to become a deligate will not show up at the convention to vote for the good Doctor? Of course they will just like they battled the rain and the sleet and the 15 below zero winter weather to knock on doors and wave signs spreading our message.

Now i assure you that even though we didn't win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes they won the straw poll and we won what counts which is delegates.

Doesn't Dr. Paul need to WIN 5 states to be on the ballot at the convention for the nomination?

NO THIS IS NOT TRUE for people were just confused on how it actually works.

We only need the majority of delegates from 5 states to be put on the ballot NOT THE POPULAR VOTE OF 5 STATES and i assure you we have picked up the majority of uncommitted delegates for Dr. Paul in more than 5 states.

Do any of you remember seeing posts by myself and many others that said BECOME A DELEGATE? There is still time in most states to become a delegate for the convention and we are picking up more of them every day.

So please STOP you worry too much because you do not understand how the election system works and you thought we lost didn't you?

The fact is Dr. Paul is a genius in his strategy and we are further ahead in delegates than you think and we can win the nomination.

I hope this gives a better understanding of how we have been winning even though most of you thought we were not.

NOW LET'S KEEP WORKING!

Dr. Steve Parent

--
This message was sent by Stuart Grant (boulder@dccnet.com) from The Bellingham Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group.
To learn more about Stuart Grant, visit his/her member profile

Are the two bolded statements anything close to the truth?

???????????? particularly about McCain's 600 delegates supporting Ron Paul ?????????????????

Do we really have THAT many moles?
On what grounds does he make these assertions?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Awesome, IF true!

ike
02-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Get Romney's delegates! Go, get delegates lists. If Romney delegates don't plan to go to the convention, have them designated RP delegates as their alternates!

greendiseaser
02-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I just called campaign HQ.
It was a simple and humble request for information, and possibly more official news.

Here is what i got, in very polite and literate fashion:

1. The number one priority is still to SECURE NEW RON PAUL DELEGATES

2. Romney's delegates are still his. He has not officialy dropped out. Expectations are that he will not. So pursuing his delegates is not even an option at this point.

3. She had NOT heard anything about this allegation of the majority of McCain's delegates being Ron Paul supporters in hiding. DON'T GET COZY, FOLKS!

4. BECOME A DELGATE. :D

I forgot to ask again for an answer about wether we have the majority in anything near 5 states at this point, but i bet that would just make people more cozy than they should be if we did get that answer.

So.

I think ya'll know what to do.
I could also tell she was a bit upset that the grassroots still didn't seem clear on this message. She refered back with a, "Well, like our last press release clearly stated ... securing new delegates to the convention is still, and always has been the highest priority."

So.

GET TO IT.
:D

jabrownie
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Even if Romney is keeping them locked for the first round vote, somebody should be lobbying them for their second round vote. Also, some of Romney's delegates are unbound and can switch any time they feel like it regardless of the campaign suspension.

(Aka, might be able to pick up a few in Louisana, etc.)

RPDelegate
02-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Even if Romney is keeping them locked for the first round vote, somebody should be lobbying them for their second round vote. Also, some of Romney's delegates are unbound and can switch any time they feel like it regardless of the campaign suspension.

(Aka, might be able to pick up a few in Louisana, etc.)

Exactly!!!!

I know the Romney delegates in MN are unbound as well. Why are we not pursueing this???

KewlRonduderules
02-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Here is actually a PDF that shows the states that are bound and unbound:

http://www.gop.com/images/Press_State_Summaries.pdf

haaaylee
02-08-2008, 11:45 AM
We need a list , stickied. And we need people to be assigned to the various states. Or all the states in the case of second round voting where they become unbound.

hillertexas
02-08-2008, 11:50 AM
bump

nullvalu
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
So......should we start calling the unbound delegates first?

Do we know how to obtain the list of winning delegates?

Bradley in DC
02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Are the two bolded statements anything close to the truth?

???????????? particularly about McCain's 600 delegates supporting Ron Paul ?????????????????

No, it's delusional, it makes us look bad and is hurting the movement.