PDA

View Full Version : *****Guys you do know there is now only ONE WAY to beat McCain now *****

ProBlue33
02-08-2008, 09:22 AM
CNN ran a model on TV yesterday that if Mitt won every state left to vote he still would have lost and thats why he pulled out, because even if McCain lost every state, enough aren't winner takes all that he slowly inches to the finish line with more delegates. Basically the only way McCain can lose now is if the there is a rebellion within the delegates at the convention. And they say screw the rules we are voting for someone else, like Ron Paul. The chances of that happening are so slim, but it could happen. So Ron Paul should take it all the way to the convention and see what happens. At least he could make 1 speech to the GOP people.

Imagine if Huckabee drops out too and it's just Ron Paul and McCain, and something happens that devastates McCain support.

polexi
02-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Bump for a good topic. Is there any way of winning this thing or what?

nullvalu
02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I thought I read that bound votes are actually cast by the party officials by default, so delegates actually cannot change their vote or go back on their bindings.. Is this true?

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I say we stay in it for the long haul. We could make history.

nullvalu
02-08-2008, 09:35 AM
I say we stay in it for the long haul. We could make history.

Definately, anything could happen, who knows...

ike
02-08-2008, 09:42 AM
We don't have to split votes with Romney for a vote against McCain anymore.

Also, get Romney's delegates!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1217523

Future4u
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
There sure is a very good chance yet .

It ain't over til the fat lady sings !

werdd
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
honestly we still have a great shot at a brokered, while huckabee would have to win 89% of the remaining delegates, Mccain will still have to win 40% of the remaining delegates.

So while it's unlikely huckabee can win, its also unlikely mccain will reach 1191.

dsentell
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM
I thought I read that bound votes are actually cast by the party officials by default, so delegates actually cannot change their vote or go back on their bindings.. Is this true?

This seems to be controlled by state law. Some states provide that their delegates are bound ONLY for the first vote. In other states they are bound for the first and second votes, etc.

So, if after the first round of voting, no one receives 50% plus 1 of the delegates, they will proceed to round two. As the next round or two of voting continues, more and more delegates will be freed up to vote as they wish.

THIS IS WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT WE GET DELEGATES

ProBlue33
02-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Let me explain the CNN map projection.

They put all delegates up with the finish line, and then started adding states one by one with Mitt winning them all, he was catching up to McCain, but with some states McCain inched very slowly forword. At the end McCain was at the finish line and Mitt was just behind him. But the key is McCain still had the magic number of delegates to win.

So the point is if Mitt winning every state can't beat McCain where does that leave both Ron Paul and Huckabee.

A delegate rebellion is the only way to win now

lynnf
02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Definately, anything could happen, who knows...

definitely, McCain could choke on some of his lies and asphyxiate, or lightning sent from God could strike from the sky.

lynn

ProBlue33
02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
definitely, McCain could choke on some of his lies and asphyxiate, or lightning sent from God could strike from the sky.

lynn

LOL, yup then I am sure Mitt would unsuspend his campaign, the GOP convention would be a blast then.

A brokered convention between Mitt, Huckabee and Ron Paul that would be fun

linusPAULing
02-08-2008, 10:07 AM
The McCain scandal needs to break before the convention, not after.

fedup100
02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Read, this is the secret plan.............

PLEASE READ THE EMAILS BELOW TO UNDERSTAND WHY WE CAN WIN. THE FOLLOWING LINK IS ALSO A GOOD READ. PLEASE GO TO YOUR CAUCUS AND BECOME A DELEGATE. Thanks for all you are doing to save our country!

The Strategy is Working... A Must Read...
http://ron-paul-campaign.blogspot.com/2008/02/super-tuesday-winner.html
----- Original Message -----
Becoming a delegate takes less time than it does to read the following:

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN WIN THE NOMINATION AND STOP LISTENING TO THE MSM FOR YOUR INFO!
Posted February 6th, 2008 by SGP

I hope someone will put this on the front page so it doesn't get lost.

The MSM is not reporting how to become the nominee in a situation like this so i will tell you to stop gettin g your info from the MSM.

I know many of you are bummed about yesterday BUT THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE ELECTION SYSTEM WORKS : Let me explain to you the reality of how to become the nominee.

First stop looking at who wins each states popular vote for most of these states the vote by the people is really nothing but a straw poll and have no real bearing on who will become the nominee. The only way this matters i s if 1 person receives 1192 delegates that are bound by state rules to be commited to that candidate. So if a candiate like Mccain has 600 delegates now and he doesn't reach 1192 most of the delegates the state awarded him mean nothing and keep in mind in most of the states most of the people that represent the 600 for Mccain are actually Ron Paul supporters. NOW there is no possible way that anyone in the race can achieve this goal now because of the major split in state wins by the candidates.

So what happens now you ask? You look at the number of delegates that Dr. Paul has that are uncommited to the other candidates and will support him. these delegates are not decided by the popular vote ie: straw poll of the people. Since no one will have enough delegates to skate them through to the nomination we now must look at how many delegates NOT VOTES but delegates Dr. Paul has that are 100% uncommited to the other candidates and will be 100% for Dr. Paul and are free to vote for whom they wish.

This race will go all the way to the convention for there is no other way for someone to receive the nomintaion untill the convention.

The RNC will convene its annual Winter Meeting - and voters will continue to cast their ballots in the nation's primaries and caucuses. Candidates for delegate and alternate delegate to the convention will be elected - and thousands of convention participants and guests will begin planning their trips to Minneapolis-Saint Paul The first week in September 2008

SO WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN?

This means that all of the people that registered to become a deligate for Dr. Paul can go to the convention and cast thier vote for Dr. Paul, now think about what i just said : Do you think for one second that all the people that voted for Dr. Paul and filed to become a deligate will not show up at the convention to vote for the good Doctor? Of course they will just like they battled the rain and the sleet and the 15 below zero winter weather to knock on doors and wave signs spreading our message.

Now i assure you that even though we didn't win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes they won the straw poll and we won what counts which is delegates.

Doesn't Dr. Paul need to WIN 5 states to be on the ballot at the convention for the nomination?

NO THIS IS NOT TRUE for people were just confused on how it actually works.

We only need the majority of delegates from 5 states to be put on the ballot NOT THE POPULAR VOTE OF 5 STATES and i assure you we have picked up the majority of uncommitted delegates for Dr. Paul in more than 5 states.

Do any of you remember seeing posts by myself and many others that said BECOME A DELEGATE? There is still time in most states to become a delegate for the convention and we are picking up more of them every day.

So please STOP you worry too much because you do not understand how the election system works and you thought we lost didn't you?

The fact is Dr. Paul is a genius in his strategy and we are further ahead in delegates than you think and we can win the nomination.

I hope this gives a better understanding of how we have been winning even though most of you thought we were not.

NOW LET'S KEEP WORKING!

Dr. Steve Parent

--
This message was sent by Stuart Grant (boulder@dccnet.com) from The Bellingham Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group.
To learn more about Stuart Grant, visit his/her member profile

noztnac
02-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Time for a 3rd Party Run. The Republican Nomination is no prize. The Republican nominee will NOT win!

Coola
02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Just like the touchdown scored by the New York Giants that won them the superbowl.

It shall be done!

AlbemarleNC0003
02-08-2008, 10:14 AM
I have one question. How do we KNOW this to be true?

So if a candiate like Mccain has 600 delegates now and he doesn't reach 1192 most of the delegates the state awarded him mean nothing and keep in mind in most of the states most of the people that represent the 600 for Mccain are actually Ron Paul supporters.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 10:14 AM
I can't believe that as much as we know about the MSM's tactics anyone here is still goofy enough to buy their stupid spin. McCain wishes he had this thing locked--and so does the RINO neocon machine! They have wet dreams about getting it locked up every day and every night! McCain does not have a lock on the first round of voting in the convention! Not yet. We have to stop him, and we have to do it now.

McCain wants to take away your guns. This could be the lever that gets voters away from the bastard in at least two thirds of the remaining states, and especially in the most important--Texas. His voting record on gun control can kill him. McCain wants to take away your guns.

Original_Intent
02-08-2008, 10:18 AM

That's right. The ballots cast for each nominee are read by the delegation leader from each state, and those with bound votes are not allowed to "rebel". I think someone was thinking of the elctoral college, where that CAN happen.

virgil47
02-08-2008, 10:20 AM
There will not be a brokered convention folks. I'm sorry to say that we screwed the pooch when we helped Huckabee blindside Romney. His dropping out released his delegates back to the state GOP's. Who do you think they will support? So instead of keeping McCain from getting 1191 delegates we just handed him Romney's delegates. Romney's delegates WILL honor his reguest that they support the war against terror and that means supporting McCain. I'm very sorry to say that as it stands right now it appears that we have outsmarted ourselves politically speaking. All of the Mormon bashing coupled with all of the Huckabee bashing that constantly goes on on this board pretty much precludes getting any support from Romney supporters or Huckabee supporters. Perhaps if McCain had a stroke and dropped out of the race we would have a chance but I certainly wouldn't bet my paycheck on it. Our campaign has been run so poorly that it is amazing we got any delegates at all. RP's plan for a brokered convention was masterful and appeared to be working until we decided to become involved in dirty politics. Our campaign thought it was being cute by combining with Huckabee and McCain to defeat Romney. I guess Romney decided that two can play that game. We as a campaign are learning about playing hardball in politics and it is not a pleasant experience.