PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone successfully registered on Huck's Army?

Rob
02-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I tried a couple times, but for whatever reason I couldn't get my registration approved. And no, I didn't make my screen name anything dumb like RonPaulpNwzzz11!1!!oneone, I just used generic conservative type names.

So how do you do it?

Rob
02-08-2008, 09:21 AM
I'll add that I'll be going there to help them attack McCain and nothing else.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

RoyalShock
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You just confused me. Doesn't McCain consider everyone his friend?

ambiguousscion
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Nope, I think they are suspicious of all the RP folks coming over.

Rob
02-08-2008, 09:25 AM

Yes, but McCain seems to have "issues" he doesn't realize he should be going after the Dems more to "prove" his conservatism; don't expect him to do very well in the general. If he were smarter, he'd have done things like this.

The nationals understand this, that's why we gave Mike Huckabee all of our votes in West Virginia. It was a very good move on their part.

Ethek
02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Hucks army puts a pretty nefarious little tracking cookie on your system. When you tromp back here after going to Hucksarmy it knows.. No doubt the fascist mods at Hucksarmy check the logs.

Rob
02-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Hucks army puts a pretty nefarious little tracking cookie on your system. When you tromp back here after going to Hucksarmy it knows.. No doubt the fascist mods at Hucksarmy check the logs.

Holy hell are you sure about that???

Wow, actually I have to hand it to them. That's pretty impressive. Luckily I know how to clear my browser and I have 2 comps :D. I'll have to make one the Ron Paul computer and one the Huck's Army Computer. Do you know if they log the IP numbers too? Or will clearing the cache work?

Roadrcr
02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Google anon web proxy =p

Ethek
02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Holy hell are you sure about that???

Wow, actually I have to hand it to them. That's pretty impressive. Luckily I know how to clear my browser and I have 2 comps :D. I'll have to make one the Ron Paul computer and one the Huck's Army Computer. Do you know if they log the IP numbers too? Or will clearing the cache work?

Not sure about the ip logging.
blocking

*.specificclick.net
specificclick.net

should stop the cookie plant. Look into specificclick and you'll see what it does. Its one of the more aggressive cookies floating around out there.

CrownThyGood
02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
first thing i thought of was that you have to clean out your cookies

Rob
02-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys. You've all been very helpful. Huck's Army will have a new visitor soon :D.

Though in all honesty, it makes good strategic sense for both camps to unite against a common enemy.

limequat
02-08-2008, 09:47 AM

LOL!

BTW, I'm in. I think there may be a couple of other closet RP supporters there.

ashlux
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM

Cookies don't work that way. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie#Misconceptions

There's no way they'd know you visit RonPaulForums.com unless you used something obvious as an email, name, etc. that can be googled and traced back to here.

Kombaiyashii
02-08-2008, 09:50 AM
lol man, I've got an account at Hucks army...I've also got a few posts which are were doozies. I don't use the profile now so if anyone wants it then PM...

Rob
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Cookies don't work that way. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie#Misconceptions

There's no way they'd know you visit RonPaulForums.com unless you used something obvious as an email, name, etc. that can be googled and traced back to here.

Hmm...I wonder how they knew then, I'm pretty sure I covered all those bases.

Oh well, if at first you don't succeed, try try again!

Redcard
02-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Hmm...I wonder how they knew then, I'm pretty sure I covered all those bases.

Oh well, if at first you don't succeed, try try again!

Because they're over here too :P

Rob
02-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Because they're over here too :P

The first few times, I never indicated anything at all that would connect me to registering there. Hmmm....though you have to wonder if they are reading this.

robert4rp08
02-08-2008, 10:07 AM
I tried to join up after the last debate to work together to fight the MSM blackout, but never got approved :(

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Anyone goes over there, be sure to remind them that in several of the remaining states the best lever to use against McCain is that he's pro gun control! That'll turn them off the RINO neocon machine-made rampaging closet liberal!

icon124
02-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I tried to as well but it never worked

break4me
02-08-2008, 10:19 AM
mikehuckabeeforum.com was way better anyways...

They shut down, though. I wonder if they were forced to?

(Also tried to sign up but never got accepted)

NoPants
02-08-2008, 10:23 AM

Cookies from one site can only be read by that site. Your cookies from Hucksarmy don't track the other sites you visit.

The site can see where you entered from, or left to sometimes but they don't record all your activity and report back. That's called spy-ware not cookies.

jarofclay
02-08-2008, 10:32 AM

Actually yes they can, lets say you click on a link here and it send you to HucksArmy forums. The REFERRALSITE is a part of the HTTP request that you send the HucksArmy. They could in theory put a little "RPSupporter" flag cookie in your browser because you surfed from here to there. If you just went to their site without the referral then you are correct that they would have no way to know.

Rob
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Cookies from one site can only be read by that site. Your cookies from Hucksarmy don't track the other sites you visit.

The site can see where you entered from, or left to sometimes but they don't record all your activity and report back. That's called spy-ware not cookies.

That's what I was starting to think too. I don't believe they infected me with any spyware. I keep myself clean and I didn't notice anything on the scan after I visited, but maybe I did a scan earlier and forgot.

austinchick
02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
i tried to register, never got my approval...it's been over 3 weeks now

jake
02-08-2008, 10:43 AM
not very inviting over there are they? We welcome all supporters here! FREEDOM IS POPULAR!

Romney supporters won't be too happy if they try to register for Hucksarmy :)