PDA

View Full Version : Handing out McCain Attack Literature When Canvassing

Rob
02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I know many of you are uncomfortable with this idea, but attack material is beautiful in that it works VERY, well. I've read studies indicating it's MUCH more effective in getting people to not vote McCain, than any pro-candidate literature can ever be in getting people to switch.

This will absolutely work now, for 2 big reasons:

1) A vote for Not McCain, i.e. either Paul OR Huckabee is a big help because it increases our chances of a brokered convention.

2) Since there are only 2 alternatives, the odds of that person voting for Paul are MUCH higher than when Romney was in the race.

I ask everyone to seriously consider this and please understand that it is coming from someone who is a student of politics and has some political experience.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I know many of you are uncomfortable with this idea, but attack material is beautiful in that it works VERY, well. I've read studies indicating it's MUCH more effective in getting people to not vote McCain, than any pro-candidate literature can ever be in getting people to switch.

This will absolutely work now, for 2 big reasons:

1) A vote for Not McCain, i.e. either Paul OR Huckabee is a big help because it increases our chances of a brokered convention.

2) Since there are only 2 alternatives, the odds of that person voting for Paul are MUCH higher than when Romney was in the race.

I ask everyone to seriously consider this and please understand that it is coming from someone who is a student of politics and has some political experience.

Agreed! Get the gun enthusiasts first, last and in between. They feel strongly and they vote early and often. McCain's position on gun control is a serious vulnerability and we need to work it hard!

tommyzDad
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
bump

RonRules
02-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Absolutely. Back up the truck on McCain dirt.

I was waiting for Romney to pull out. Even if it helps Huckabee, that's fine.

Keep the message simple and clear. No WALL OF TEXT please!

Why I hate McCain:
McCain is INCOMPETENT (Came in 3rd from last in his military college, crashed 5 airplanes)
McCain continued in the military because of his father and grandfather.
McCain dumped his wife after she got an accident that crippled her.
McCain married rich to get into politics
McCain gave many secrets to the Vietnameese and did 32 ANTI-American radio propaganda for them
McCain is a DEMOCRAT.

Keep it simple!

Rob
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Absolutely. Back up the truck on McCain dirt.

I was waiting for Romney to pull out. Even if it helps Huckabee, that's fine.

Keep the message simple and clear. No WALL OF TEXT please!

Why I hat McCain:
McCain is INCOMPETENT (Came in 3rd from last in his military college, crashed 5 airplanes)
McCain continued in the military because of his father and grand father.
McCain dumped his wife after she got an accident that crippled her.
McCain married rich to get into politics
McCain gave many secrets to the Vietnameese and did 33 ANTI-American radio propaganda for them
McCain is a DEMOCRAT.

Keep it simple!

Is that 2nd to last one true? Do you have a link? It sure would tarnish his golden boy POW reputation.

RonRules
02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Is that 2nd to last one true? Do you have a link? It sure would tarnish his golden boy POW reputation.

Wiikipedia:
Both McCain's grandfather and father were Admirals in the United States Navy. McCain also attended the United States Naval Academy and graduated in 1958.

RonRules
02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Don't forget the Keating 5

Wikipedia:
"Five senators came under investigation for attempting to influence the regulators. In the end, none of the senators were convicted of any crime, although McCain was rebuked by the Senate Ethics Committee for exercising "poor judgment" for intervening with the federal regulators on behalf of Keating.[86] On his Keating Five experience, McCain said: "The appearance of it was wrong. It's a wrong appearance when a group of senators appear in a meeting with a group of regulators, because it conveys the impression of undue and improper influence. And it was the wrong thing to do."

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Now if we can just come up with a good way to convince people that a vote for Huckabee is as good as a vote for McCain.....

RonRules
02-08-2008, 09:42 AM

Sorry I misread your request. I gave you the 2nd item rather than the 2nd from the last:

Here's a quick result form Google:
http://groups.google.com/group/total_truth_sciences/browse_thread/thread/a8593239684ca3dc

Rob
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
I think we should maybe even broaden this thread to all strategies to combat McCain and keep it up top.

Rob
02-09-2008, 02:30 PM
time for a bump