PDA

View Full Version : ***URGENT****(NAFTA, Teamster supporting a Dem)

hrdman2luv
02-08-2008, 08:48 AM
On C-SPAN this morning, James Hoffa, from the Teamsters Union, was talking about Bush's Trucking Pilot Program that is NOW allowing Mexican Trucks to travel inside the USA. Hauling our freight, decreasing the value of the American truckers labor rates & Freight, and going without inspections. I know most of you have no idea about the Trucking industry. But, make no mistake, there are millions of American truckers that will be effected by this.
*****THERE ARE MEXICAN TRUCKERS AND TRUCKS ON OUR HIGHWAYS NOW****

James Hoffa, expressed his decent of the Republican Party for it's crusifying the Unions in the USA. And rightfully so. The Republicans have tried to destroy the unions and have done a pretty good job at it.

But, he is talking about endorsing Hillary or Obama for President. You say "Endorsements mean nothing" Let me explain this again. There, are over 5 million truckers in the USA. Several of them are members of Owner Operators Independet Drivers Association (O/OIDA). The Teamsters and OOIDA work hand in hand. And the teamsters are the only ones who are doing anything to stop the Pilot Program. But by supporting Obama or Hillary, he is shooting himself in the foot.

There is no email address to the Teamsters. So handwritten letters will have to be sent to : International Brotherhood of Teamsters, 25 Louisiana Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20001,

Be sure to remind them that Ron Paul is the only one who wants to get rid of NAFTA. He is an opponent to the Mexican Pilot Program. And that Obama and Hillary, through their votes, treat American Truckers like terrorist. Obama and Hillary hate truckers.

Here are some OODIA emails:
Office of the President Jim Johnston jjohnston@ooida.com
Executive Assistant Angel Burnell burnell@ooida.com
Executive Vice President Todd Spencer spencer@ooida.com
Member Assistance Karen England england@ooida.com
Land Line Magazine Sandi Soendker soendker@ooida.com (these guys get broadcast over Satelite Radio to millions)

Roxi
02-08-2008, 09:11 AM
WAIT???? THEY FOUND where jimmy hoffa was buried??:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

J/K

hrdman2luv
02-08-2008, 07:01 PM
WAIT???? THEY FOUND where jimmy hoffa was buried??:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
J/K

I didn't think there were many people out there that gave a rats azz about truckers. But let me tell you my friends:
Mike HUckabee mentioned Truckers twice in the last debate. But, doesn't care about truckers. But at least he mentions the truckers problems.

There are over 5 million truckers who are demanding someone to stand up for them because we are being treated like a bunch of terrorist. NAFTA is allowing Mexican Trucking Companies to haul American truckers freight.

When in the hell do you think you get your toilet paper, tooth paste, clothes, cars, computers, light bubs? Do you think there is a little old man who lives just on the outskirts of town who builds these things for you?

There are over 5 million people out here who need representation. And Considering Ron Pauls stance on NAFTA and the FMCSA He could win them over in a heart beat. And if you don't think it's important, just remember, Ron Paul has gotten less than 1 million votes in the primaries/caucus's.........5 million new supporters would help him alot.

They are going to someone, probably Huck if Ron Paul ignores this issue and the American Truckers.

Ex Post Facto
02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I have a trucker friend, he says everyone of the truckers are pissed. This has been going on a couple years. They don't have to stop at checkpoints and have no safety standards of the trucks.

hrdman2luv
02-08-2008, 07:43 PM
I have a trucker friend, he says everyone of the truckers are pissed. This has been going on a couple years. They don't have to stop at checkpoints and have no safety standards of the trucks.

Thats my point. We are begging for someone to take a look at what is happening to us out here.

And this is Ron Pauls chance to stand up for a MAJOR part of our economy. Without Trucks, American stops. Nothing can operate. Everything that is manufactured in this country is transported on a truck. Everything that that manufacturer needs, has to be trucked in.

And IF the Mexicans are allowed to do it, then our jobs, up to 8 million, will be whiped out. Just like the other industries.

DO you want people who can't speak or read english driving an 80,000lb steel machine in your town, on your roads? No, you want an american who knows the roads, the laws, and safe thing to do in all situations.

This is Ron Pauls chance to stand up into an 8 million voting block who would welcome him over McCain, Obama, and Hillary in a heart beat with just his voting record.

amy31416
02-08-2008, 08:02 PM
When in the hell do you think you get your toilet paper, tooth paste, clothes, cars, computers, light bubs? Do you think there is a little old man who lives just on the outskirts of town who builds these things for you?

Yes. I do think that.

Only kidding. Truckers are a huge part of our economy, and considering that several of them have saved me from speeding tickets, I'm all about them.

I think we need to leave some trucker-oriented literature at some rest stops or, actually hold some sign-waving sessions at some rest stops. I travel a lot, so if someone already has a flyer made up, I'll print it out and make sure to stop and distribute all along I-79 in PA.

Great idea! Thanks for posting! Let me know if you've found any literature that would speak to the trucker crowd.

Michigan11
02-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Well ya the campaign is supposed to be thinking of this stuff. Then again, the truckers should be also thinking about this stuff.

I'm not a trucker but, I've been reading about this, and it wouldn't surprise me if the trucking industry will soon be like the domestic auto industry, unfortunately.

Also, what about spreading the word, through other truckers, via CB's, 10-4?

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 08:29 PM
When we organized our March on Washington last summer, we were able to get a lot of the OOIDA drivers -via Frosty Wooldridge - interested in jamming up the roads. But alas, the freaking D.C. police informed us that if they did that, they'd be ticketed and heavily fined.

We're planning another March. Maybe we can get them interested again in just showing up....

hrdman2luv
02-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Well ya the campaign is supposed to be thinking of this stuff. Then again, the truckers should be also thinking about this stuff.

I'm not a trucker but, I've been reading about this, and it wouldn't surprise me if the trucking industry will soon be like the domestic auto industry, unfortunately.

Also, what about spreading the word, through other truckers, via CB's, 10-4?

Believe me, I blab 24/7 on the CB about Ron Paul, McCain, Obama, and
huckleberry. But, it's coming from a truck driver.

James Hoffa, and the leadership of OOIDA can speak to millions. I have contacted the Ron Paul HQ and told them of this issue, and get the same old, "I'll pass it on" statement. What the hell is HQ doing anyways? Do they really have more important thing to do than pass on messge? Am I just bothering them by passing on irrelivant information?

Truckers work over 70 hours a week. We are away from our homes and for weeks or months at a time. We do this so we can make a good living for our families. And if the Mexican truckers go full force like the canadian truckers have done. It will be devistating to our industry.