PDA

View Full Version : What would really help

ARealConservative
02-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Right now the campaign needs to come out and reassure conservative voters that he isn't running to replace King George.

A reminder of his bill declaring war on Iraq would be perfect timing.

So would his bill asking congress to take back responsibility for the goals of this war while using no harsh language blaming the president for his prior actions.

This movement is a constitutional one - if congress wishes to run an empire, the President can only do so much.

Cut the legs out from under McShamnesty right now.

Redcard
02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
No no no.

You don't get it.

Why did Democrats come out to vote almost 2:1 on Republicans? Because it's a repudiation of King George.

Look, you want to make a statement in November, understand this. By then, more kids will be dead. More things will go on. Bush and crew will try to get us into Iran, and possibly be laying groundwork for North Korea. People voting in the November election are going to want someone who will stand up and say "George Bush is a FREAKING MORON , who swiftboated people who SERVED in Vietnam at every oppurtunity he had, NEVER served a day of Active Duty in his Life, and is sending your kids to DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS thousands of miles from home."

Dems are going to out vote republicans this election. In some states, massively so.

ARealConservative
02-08-2008, 08:53 AM
No no no.

You don't get it.

Why did Democrats come out to vote almost 2:1 on Republicans? Because it's a repudiation of King George.

Look, you want to make a statement in November, understand this. By then, more kids will be dead. More things will go on. Bush and crew will try to get us into Iran, and possibly be laying groundwork for North Korea. People voting in the November election are going to want someone who will stand up and say "George Bush is a FREAKING MORON , who swiftboated people who SERVED in Vietnam at every oppurtunity he had, NEVER served a day of Active Duty in his Life, and is sending your kids to DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS thousands of miles from home."

Dems are going to out vote republicans this election. In some states, massively so.

You obviously have no idea how to make progress within the GOP. What you are saying might work in the general election and with young voters - and that is all.

ARealConservative
02-08-2008, 08:55 AM
ps 1,000+ votes in a month - do you ever canvass or just post here?

Redcard
02-08-2008, 08:56 AM
You obviously have no idea how to make progress within the GOP. What you are saying might work in the general election and with young voters - and that is all.

You think we're going to make progress within the GOP?

I would wager most of our votes have come from people who were independent or former Democrats or Libertarian. I'd wager that's where our base is. Remember, in Closed Primary states/caucuses, look at how many people filed "Provisional Ballots" because they didn't get their changes in in time (or those changes weren't passed down.)

Our base is not, has not , and never will be the GOP base.

Redcard
02-08-2008, 08:57 AM
ps 1,000+ votes in a month - do you ever canvass or just post here?

Nothing left to canvass. Already voted.

ARealConservative
02-08-2008, 08:59 AM
You think we're going to make progress within the GOP?

I would wager most of our votes have come from people who were independent or former Democrats or Libertarian. I'd wager that's where our base is. Remember, in Closed Primary states/caucuses, look at how many people filed "Provisional Ballots" because they didn't get their changes in in time (or those changes weren't passed down.)

Our base is not, has not , and never will be the GOP base.

Yes - I think we have made progress.

You should of been around last spring, you would of seen the progress.

Furthermore, I canvass my neighborhoods, and conservatives are very approachable. I found that what works is what I am talking about right here.

ARealConservative
02-08-2008, 09:00 AM

what state?

Can you submit letter to editors to states that haven't voted?

How about signing up for phone calls to those states?

Plenty to do besides flapping gums at the tune of 1.3k posts a month.

Redcard
02-08-2008, 09:01 AM
So you're saying that Dr. Paul should just give Bush a Free Pass by giving Congress a chance to retroactively declare war?

That's f*cking stupid. Bush and Cheney need to be impeached because they circumvented the Congress to fight an illegal war. They don't need to be given a pass.

Redcard
02-08-2008, 09:02 AM
what state?

Can you submit letter to editors to states that haven't voted?

How about signing up for phone calls to those states?

Plenty to do besides flapping gums at the tune of 1.3k posts a month.

What makes you think I haven't done things?

I'm a prolific author. Writing is my THING.

ike
02-08-2008, 09:08 AM

There is still plenty of reason to canvass. People still look at national polls, and people in your state will get national polling calls.

We also need to be out there convincing Thompson and Romney delegates to vote for Ron Paul, or let Ron Paul delegates be there alternates if they choose not to go to the state and national conventions.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
We all feel strongly about the war. Many G.O.P. primary voters still favor that damned quagmire. We aren't in the general election yet.

My recommendation: Warning! McCain will TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY!

ARealConservative
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
There is still plenty of reason to canvass. People still look at national polls, and people in your state will get national polling calls.

We also need to be out there convincing Thompson and Romney delegates to vote for Ron Paul, or let Ron Paul delegates be there alternates if they choose not to go to the state and national conventions.

the prolific writer would rather spend time arguing with us - Ron Paul supporters. :rolleyes:

ARealConservative
02-08-2008, 09:20 AM
So you're saying that Dr. Paul should just give Bush a Free Pass by giving Congress a chance to retroactively declare war?

That's f*cking stupid. Bush and Cheney need to be impeached because they circumvented the Congress to fight an illegal war. They don't need to be given a pass.

I don't know what you are talking about. Impeachment proceedings isn't going to do one god damn thing at this juncture - what are you 12?

Congress circumvented the constitution with that lame authorization of force.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul387.html

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
I don't know what you are talking about. Impeachment proceedings isn't going to do one god damn thing at this juncture - what are you 12?

Congress circumvented the constitution with that lame authorization of force.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul387.html

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but RedCard is on my ignore list for a reason.

Every post he makes is intended to give bad advice or shoot down good advice.

If it walks like a and talks like a then it's probably a, well, you know :)

Redcard
02-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but RedCard is on my ignore list for a reason.

I know you probably won't read this , William..

But do you really, REALLY think that the RIGHT thing for Ron Paul to do is to go to Pro War Stalwarts that are Bushy types, and suck up to them for their votes?

I mean, seriously, this administration has made MAJOR mistakes. Siding with it is just not in Ron Paul's principles. The OP here is suggesting that Bush NOT be chided by Congress for his actions.. that everyone gets a free pass.

I'm sorry, but I can't stand for that. This man took us to war without the permission or declaration of war by congress. If you stand for the Constitution, there's only one way you can see this, and that as a High Crime. That calls for Impeachment, not cuddling.

ARealConservative
02-08-2008, 09:38 AM

sure seems like it.