PDA

View Full Version : Hadar to Pape to Paul: Best Double-Play Combination in Foreign Policy

RonPaulFTFW
02-08-2008, 08:23 AM
http://www.philipweiss.org/mondoweiss/2008/02/r-pape-to-hadar.html

I admit that I've ignored the Ron Paul campaign. I love the fact that he talks about Israel and Palestine, but his economic libertarianism makes this big-government type leery. Then today I learned that Paul has hired as his foreign policy advisor Robert Pape, the realist author of Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism, which is one of the most important books I've read in the last five years. Dying to Win shows that suicide terrorists are empowered by their communities when there's an occupier with a religious difference in their land. It's not religious craziness, it's the occupation, stupid. I have urged Pape to revise his theory somewhat in light of the burgeoning new sample of suicide terrorists across the arc of Islam, but his book's rich database on the motivation of suicide bombers is the necessary logical antidote to the hysteria of the neolibs and neocons over "Islamofascism."

DocMoose
02-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Awesome. Sounds like a smart person. It probably won't be too long before he realizes that big government is exactly the reason war mongering and interventionism has run so ramped and unchecked in this country.

DocMoose

JeffSchulman
02-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Robert Pape is a very heavy hitter in International Relations. We studied many of his writings in my National Security Policy graduate program.

DRV45N05
02-08-2008, 11:35 AM
These are not the actions of someone who is looking to just go down in the Republican contest and not advance afterward when he doesn't get the Nomination. These are the actions of someone who is poised to take this to the General Election.

RP is running 3rd Party. Count on it. Whether he runs as an Independent or a LP candidate, we'll see.