PDA

View Full Version : County Conventions???

Cal Mabus
02-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Does anyoneone have County Convention information or best sources to learn what the grassroots can do at level if anything?

I have searched our county website for how and what takes place here but to no avail.

Any info would be helpful.

Roxi
02-08-2008, 08:40 AM
i don't know about where you are at but heres how it works in missouri.....

on march 15th each county in missouri will go to the designated place. at 9am the doors will be locked, the moderator will then tell the voters to stand in whatever corner representing their candidate. the amount of people that show up vs. the amount of people that show up for their candidate will determine what percentage of delegates each candidate recieves. if this is not how the moderator runs things then we can overthrow him/her by nominating one of us as the chairman. i will be there to make sure things are ran this way and if not i will be the chairman myself (by overthrowing the other one)

what state are you in?

Cal Mabus
02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
i don't know about where you are at but heres how it works in missouri.....

on march 15th each county in missouri will go to the designated place. at 9am the doors will be locked, the moderator will then tell the voters to stand in whatever corner representing their candidate. the amount of people that show up vs. the amount of people that show up for their candidate will determine what percentage of delegates each candidate recieves. if this is not how the moderator runs things then we can overthrow him/her by nominating one of us as the chairman. i will be there to make sure things are ran this way and if not i will be the chairman myself (by overthrowing the other one)

what state are you in?

Sorry about late reply, had to leave for a bit.

Anyway, I'm in Illinois (Sangamon County) and it seem like no one here knows anything about what is next. We are a winner take all state. Also I was under the impression there was to be precinct conventions the night of Super Tuesday as well to select delegates to go to the County convention. I checked with one of our district 19 delegates and he said he asked about it when he went to vote and the election judge said there was no such thing???

Anyway I'm needing to find this info out so I can get it out to everyone ASAP especially If there are things we still need to be doing to ensure Ron Paul delegates get to the state as well as national convention.

Thanks.