PDA

View Full Version : Vote for HUCKABEE!

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 08:12 AM
I know, I know! Boy do I know! I voted for Ron Paul for president twice--twenty years apart--and it felt good! I'd hate to deprive you of the same joy. I know! Now hear me out, please.

We have delegates. Boy, do we have delegates! What good is that? It'll make all the difference in the world--at a brokered convention! If they are all bound to give it to McCain in the first round, however, our delegates won't be allowed by law to save this nation!

There are 988 delegates up for grabs. Huckabee has less than 150 now. It takes 1191 to win the nomination. There's no way Huckabee gets the nomination in the first round. NONE!

McCain can get enough. Easily.

Now we're looking at a situation where we and Huck's Army can split the anti-McCain vote and give this thing to McCain. Do I really need to tell you that we don't want to do this? THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND! You know this!

There will be people voting for McCain because he's the front runner even though they hate him. Republicans are like that. And yet--and yet--I get no sense at all that the average Republican voter thinks a brokered convention is a bad thing! The RINO neocons sure do, but they haven't convinced the majority of G.O.P. primary voters--YET!

Obviously, selling Huckabee is easier than selling Paul. Huck's Army hasn't worked as hard or raised as much as we have, yet he has more state wins. I sincerely doubt they have as many delegates as we do. That's the good news. But I'll say it again--our delegates don't mean shit unless we have a brokered convention! If McCain has enough of our delegates bound by law to vote for him in the first round, it's over!

We must seriously consider the possibility that we will split the anti-McCain vote! THAT WOULD BE DISASTROUS TO OUR CAUSE!

Some of us would rather eat glass than become mercenaries in Huck's Army, I know. This would, however, do three important things for us:
1. Impress Huckabee and his supporters. They walked through tornadoes to vote for him on Super Tuesday. They are strong allies against McCain and the status quo.
2. Create a buzz for a combined ticket that would reunite the Reagan Coalition with Huck bringing in values voters, Paul bringing in fiscal conservatives and libertarians, and both being strong on defense. This could win in November.
3. STOP McCAIN AND GET US TO A BROKERED CONVENTION!! WITHOUT THIS WE'RE WAITING FOUR MORE YEARS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!

Splitting the anti-McCain vote could hand McCain the victory. Think hard. Think very hard. I'm no fan of the Reverend Mr. Add Some Thous And Thees To The Constitution. But here's a pragmatic fact--we cannot afford to hand this to McCain!!

Huckabee is mathematically out of a first-round vote win. McCain is not. Splitting the vote against him will kill our hopes. THE ENEMY OF OUR ENEMY IS OUR FRIEND.

Sorry. I do hate to say it. But there's just no hole in the argument. If we can definitely get a state's delegates for our man, we should! But when in doubt, we must err on the side of beating McCain!

P.S. Anyone have a good remedy for a really bad taste in one's mouth?

P.P.S. Hate to state the obvious, but: This suggestion DOES NOT APPLY to states that allocate delegates proportionally!! This is concerning winner-take-all states ONLY!

ambiguousscion
02-08-2008, 08:14 AM
We need to negotiate for the delegates not just "vote for Huck". If our teams can negotiate, it may be worth it.

Mister Grieves
02-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Go away troll.

Only vote for Ron Paul, no matter the circumstances.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-08-2008, 08:16 AM
THE ENEMY OF OUR ENEMY IS OUR FRIEND.[/B]

If you're referring to Huckabee, then not really. Besides, those two are already pretty good friends.

Airborn
02-08-2008, 08:17 AM
hell no

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 08:18 AM
We need to negotiate for the delegates not just "vote for Huck". If our teams can negotiate, it may be worth it.

Great idea--but without a brokered convention, we can't negotiate crap. We sure can't do negotiations like that with voters. It would be nice to have Huck promise us that if we fight in the trenches for him, he will do this and that--but we'll probably just have to do this on faith. In any case, if McCain takes the nomination in the first, all-bound vote, there's nothing left to negotiate.

wrinklepup
02-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I am sorry, BUT I will NOT vote for Huckabee EVER!

and I heard, he is wanting you all to do that, for that reason, and when he quits..he will just endorse McCain

I am for RON PAUL, til the end....So no I will not vote for either one.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Go away troll.

Only vote for Ron Paul, no matter the circumstances.

I'm not a troll, and I'm not going away. I wouldn't be saying this if I thought for one second it would guarantee Huckabee anything at all. This is a suggestion, and it's a warning against splitting the votes we need to deny McCain the nomination.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I am sorry, BUT I will NOT vote for Huckabee EVER!

and I heard, he is wanting you all to do that, for that reason, and when he quits..he will just endorse McCain

I am for RON PAUL, til the end....So no I will not vote for either one.

I do understand. Voting for Paul feels great, and I would never deny you the pleasure.

I believe that if Huckabee were playing shill for McCain we would have already seen him quit and endorse McCain. If you have evidence to outweigh this, show me and I will personally beg the moderator to delete this thread.

Drknows
02-08-2008, 08:26 AM
NO

a brokered convention is not going to happen. We would pick up 0 delegates voting for that fake preacher.

and NO again

yongrel
02-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Ron Paul:
-Wants to end the Iraq War
-Wants to change our foreign policy so as to never have another Iraq War
-Wants to shrink government
-Wants to protect our civil liberties

Mike Huckabee:
-Wants to stay in Iraq with HONOR
-Wants to perpetuate our current mess of a foreign policy
-Wants to expand government in a New Deal-like fashion
-Wants to violate our civil liberties

Yeah, I'm totally gonna vote for Huckabee.

Roxi
02-08-2008, 08:28 AM
hucks people DID NOT keep their word in WV there isn't a snowballs chance in hell i will vote for anyone but ron paul at our caucus, i will not be cutting any deals with people, i will stand for ron til the end or they kick me out which ever comes first

zadrock
02-08-2008, 08:29 AM
I would only consider voting for Huckabee under very strict conditions. They are as follows:

1st - Does Huck have a reasonable chance of winning the state I am voting in? I'm in MD and I highly doubt it - I haven't seen a recent poll, but my gut says no way.
2nd - Are the delegates bound on the first vote in my state? If not, then voting for Huck makes no sense. The important thing would be to get RP delegates and have them vote for RP on the first vote.
3rd - Convention rules - Is there any way that Huck can transfer his delegates to McCain without their permission? For instance, Huck won GA. The GA delegates are bound to him for the first vote. Suppose at convention, the bound delegates result in the following scenario: McCain (900) and Huck (300). Can Huck "give" his 300 delegates to McCain in exchange for VP without the delegates actually voting for McCain? If so, this is a ridiculous strategy. If not, then it might have an effective usefulness in certain states, as RP delegates who were bound to McHuckney will be released on subsequent votes.

Z

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 08:33 AM
I would only consider voting for Huckabee under very strict conditions. They are as follows:

1st - Does Huck have a reasonable chance of winning the state I am voting in? I'm in MD and I highly doubt it - I haven't seen a recent poll, but my gut says no way.
2nd - Are the delegates bound on the first vote in my state? If not, then voting for Huck makes no sense. The important thing would be to get RP delegates and have them vote for RP on the first vote.
3rd - Convention rules - Is there any way that Huck can transfer his delegates to McCain without their permission? For instance, Huck won GA. The GA delegates are bound to him for the first vote. Suppose at convention, the bound delegates result in the following scenario: McCain (900) and Huck (300). Can Huck "give" his 300 delegates to McCain in exchange for VP without the delegates actually voting for McCain? If so, this is a ridiculous strategy. If not, then it might have an effective usefulness in certain states, as RP delegates who were bound to McHuckney will be released on subsequent votes.

Z

Yes, yes and yes--and another thing to consider is how we did in packing the party delegation in the state. Absolutely. These considerations are paramount before taking the radical step I suggested. You are very correct. This is the way we must think to make a real difference.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
NO

a brokered convention is not going to happen. We would pick up 0 delegates voting for that fake preacher.

and NO again

The only way a brokered convention fails to happen is if McCain wins. If McCain wins, we're screwed, the conservative cause is screwed, and the nation is screwed.

Drknows
02-08-2008, 08:49 AM
I Drink Your Milkshake!

constituent
02-08-2008, 08:51 AM
I do understand. Voting for Paul feels great, and I would never deny you the pleasure.

I believe that if Huckabee were playing shill for McCain we would have already seen him quit and endorse McCain. If you have evidence to outweigh this, show me and I will personally beg the moderator to delete this thread.

naaaah, it'll be a last minute "bigger man" kinda thing.

he'll be in there to try and limit the picture away from paul as long as possible.

and the huckster is just that, a huckster. you can't trust that guy any further
than you might throw him.

his word is crap at very best. he is deceptive and manipulative, and not afraid
to exploit his creator for political gain.

huck, every man will be judged according to his works.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 09:05 AM
naaaah, it'll be a last minute "bigger man" kinda thing.

he'll be in there to try and limit the picture away from paul as long as possible.

and the huckster is just that, a huckster. you can't trust that guy any further
than you might throw him.

his word is crap at very best. he is deceptive and manipulative, and not afraid
to exploit his creator for political gain.

huck, every man will be judged according to his works.

Yeah, you're right. I sure as hell wish we could be sure enough that McCain would be prevented from getting that first round vote that we didn't even have to think this way at all.

I don't like the "lesser of two evils" shit. I don't trust Huckabee. We must stop McCain no matter what! The jackass is a straw man warhawk designed to make Clinton look like a pacifist so she can win despite her baggage. We've got to stop this. I sure as hell wish someone would come up with something that would guarantee we can hand McCain his fat ass in the remaining primaries.

PeacePlan
02-08-2008, 09:29 AM
How about if we vote for Huckster in the winer take all states where RP has not gained a delegate at all. In the states where we can gain delegates we continue to do so.. That way we don't lose anything but deny McInsane the win for that state.

I am not a troll so do not even go there - I love RP and as far as I am concerned he is my Commander in Chief and I am with him till the end! I am talking strategy.

Crickett
02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Huck is a criminal.
http://judicialwatch.org/judicial-watch-announces-list-washington-s-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-2007

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
How about if we vote for Huckster in the winer take all states where RP has not gained a delegate at all. In the states where we can gain delegates we continue to do so.. That way we don't lose anything but deny McInsane the win for that state.

I am not a troll so do not even go there - I love RP and as far as I am concerned he is my Commander in Chief and I am with him till the end! I am talking strategy.

Exactly my point--and this being the G.O.P. side, most are winner take all. That's why I think it's so vital to not split the vote.

Seems the average supporter doesn't see it. Well, I'd rather eat glass than concede to Huckabee myself. I just hope they understand to spend time and energy converting McCain voters and forget about the Huck voters.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Huck is a criminal.
http://judicialwatch.org/judicial-watch-announces-list-washington-s-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-2007

Yup. So are McCain and Clinton. That's why we have to do whatever it takes to get to a brokered convention!

PeacePlan
02-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Somebody would need to crunch the numbers to see if this is even something that could work. It may be to late any way?

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 09:46 AM
You made a funny :)

And exactly how will this help when Huckabee drops from the race and throws his support to McCain?

If you don't think this is coming I've got some sweet investment deals to sell you :)

Roadrcr
02-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Huckabee is a pedophile .. no thanks.

Molly1
02-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Huck is a criminal.

We need to win some states, too.

Somebody said at least five.

VOTE RON PAUL!!!!

MrZach
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
What a horrible idea (topic post). That is strategic voting, and a huge reason why Ron Paul isn't winning in the first place. What an awful idea.

PeacePlan
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
You made a funny :)

And exactly how will this help when Huckabee drops from the race and throws his support to McCain?

If you don't think this is coming I've got some sweet investment deals to sell you :)

You are most likely right but it is a good idea to view all our options..

klamath
02-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Rotten idea. A brokered convention is no longer possible. The republicans need to be defeated in the fall carrying the neocon flag, McCain, not a false conservative flag called Huckabee. If huckabee in defeated by the democrats it will be said it is a defeat of conservatism and the push in 2012 will be to nominate a liberal republican to win. This is exactly what we have today with McCain. To the general population Bush has been sold as a conservative so since he is considered such a failure we must vote for a moderate in order to win.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Rotten idea. A brokered convention is no longer possible. The republicans need to be defeated in the fall carrying the neocon flag, McCain, not a false conservative flag called Huckabee. If huckabee in defeated by the democrats it will be said it is a defeat of conservatism and the push in 2012 will be to nominate a liberal republican to win. This is exactly what we have today with McCain. To the general population Bush has been sold as a conservative so since he is considered such a failure we must vote for a moderate in order to win.

That's a point. That is definitely a point. O.K., it was a bad idea. A brokered convention, however, is still possible. It will get a lot of G.O.P. problems out in the open and will go a long way toward educating people about the differences between RINO neoconism and true conservatism. And we do have a bigger percentage of delegates than we have of voters thanks to our spirit of volunteerism. But to get there, we must stop McCain!

I still suggest spending our time and effort converting McCain voters first and foremost. His record on gun control sucks, and that's a big issue in many of the upcoming states. Bash the bastard!

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
What a horrible idea (topic post). That is strategic voting, and a huge reason why Ron Paul isn't winning in the first place. What an awful idea.

Yeah, I know. I hate strategic voters too. If they'd vote their consciences, we'd be sitting pretty. I'm trying to get us to a brokered convention any way I can think of, that's all. But, yes, Dr. Paul needs all the delegates we can get for him. Most G.O.P. primaries are winner take all, but not all of them. I am not for a second suggesting that we give away one ounce of support in any state that allots delegates proportionally.

miwg
02-08-2008, 11:30 AM

I totally agree.

acptulsa
02-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, you're all correct. I was wrong--dead wrong. We need to spend the summer fighting for our re-enfranchisement--or to put it another way, we need to expose the rampant voter fraud in terms so undeniable that the most faithful sheep cannot deny it!

Vote your conscience and strategy be damned!

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 09:18 AM
I was wrong

Or was I?

Do the ends justify the means? Could we have propelled Huckabee--and Paul--to a brokered convention?

Doesn't matter. Spilled milk. Except that we need to learn how to do better than we did if we're to secure our liberty...

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Bump