PDA

View Full Version : Victory is Ours - The Ultimate Plan

MaidenFan
02-08-2008, 04:19 AM
The Revolution is not about Ron Paul.

The Revolution is about getting power back to the people.

Read that twice, three times, a hundred times until it’s drilled into your skull. Then feel free to read the following which is a quick summery of my experience in the Revolution as well as a detailed plan of how to get our country back starting today. That’s right, we have the answer. This is the first draft of the plan for victory. The Revolution isn’t over its just beginning.

My Experience
I joined the Revolution soon after the huge money bomb that broke Kerry’s single day fundraising record. I first heard of Paul when he appeared on the Colbert report, and immediately I thought to myself, “This is a candidate I could get behind. He’s like an old version of me if I ran for President. He shares virtually all of my beliefs. But he’s too extreme for brainwashed Americans to support, he has no chance.” After that I more or less forgot about him. When asked about the presidential race I’d answer, “Well there really isn’t a candidate I could get behind. There’s this one guy, but he’s got no chance.”

Some months past and I found myself in the cold of December browsing youtube. I was watching George Carlin clips and somehow through related videos I found a clip that had a streaming caption talking about Ron Paul (it was relevant, I could dig up the vid if anyone cares). Regardless, I soon found myself watching clip after clip of Ron Paul, and I found out about the record breaking day. Instantly I thought, “Holy fucking shit! America isn’t as brainwashed I thought. How is this guy raising this cash?!?! There’s a real chance for change!!!” The rest, as they say, is history.

So here I am today, not the proudest of revolutionaries, having given only a modest contribution. I marched once, went to some sign waves, and went door to door a bit. I could, and should have done more. Why didn’t I?

After careful consideration the most glaring reason dawned on me; uncertainty. I’ve been uncertain about the campaign, its result, and the direction too many Paul supporters were heading. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no troll or moral saboteur, I believe in liberty, small government, sound currency, balanced budgets, minimal taxes, and a fair free market. I also believe we can win the presidency, but that our chances are far less than realistic.. Therefore, the time has come to begin shifting our efforts to a long term plan. However, because half the states are already done with primaries we can still effectively run for President by splitting our efforts accordingly.

****************************Plan for Victory*************************

Section I – Winning the Presidency

In order to win the people in the primaries still to come need to get together and work harder than ever before. They have to give everything, and I mean absolutely everything they have to win all the delegates possible.(Texas is ESPECIALLY critical, the fact that it’s RP’s home state helps a bit, but it does not guarantee anything). Over half the states are done, and now it’s time to divide our forces.
Steps:
1) The people in the states still to come need to stop donating to the official campaign. Ron Paul always speaks about the horrors of central planning and the bureaucracy that ensues. We’ve seen the campaign throw away 20 million of our hard earned dollars without so much as a single victory. Someone please prove me wrong, but it seems to me that the vast majority of delegates won have been due to the grassroots.

2) That’s not to say the central campaign is worthless, Ron Paul himself still needs money to win the presidency. The supporters whose primaries are now over must vow to give at least 2% of every pay check (I don’t think this is unreasonable, everyone should be able to cut out 2% of your weekly budget) to the campaign until you max out and have helped everyone you know max out. I suggest everyone get together with 5 other people from your meetup group, or even just friends and family, and work on this together until you’re all maxed out. (Then you might decide to help five more people etc.)

3) The people in the states still to come need to band together using the meetup groups.(People in all states should do this, but with a different focus which I’ll explain later, but I need to stress that the states with primaries still to come need to organize this NOW). Through the meetups, find all the supporters within a 15-20 mile radius and organize meetings. I know there are leadership types out there; here is your chance, use your gifts. Organize meetings at your home, place of business, or wherever you can. (Maybe there are small realtors with unsold houses who can temporarily use them for this purpose). These meetings should focus on:

a. Organizing a local citizen’s treasury which will take the money we would have otherwise donated to the campaign and pool it together in order to run local newspaper ads (and any other clever/cheap marketing schemes). Write up a full page print out with the most badass RP picture, the one where he’s holding an adorable cheerful baby. You might also include a picture of Ronal Regan below which you might write in big letters “Regan supported him, and I support him!” Then in the empty space compile the most amazing description and list of achievements you can. Finally put the campaign website as well as, “Sponsored by citizens for Ron Paul, to find out more contact xxxxxx” whereby you leave phone numbers and emails of the meeting organizers and precinct captains.

b. The organizers and precinct captains need to learn how to become salesmen when they receive curious calls. I know there are many salesmen who support Ron Paul, please teach your skills to others or use them yourself. The people calling as a result of the ads need to be brought into the meetings in order to grow the group physically and locally. Obviously you can’t get everyone enthusiastic about politics so only a modest number will actually become activists. However, the meeting can use this method to create its own database of supporters. Then it’s a simple matter of getting out the vote on Election Day.

c. Try to print cheap Reagan leaflets (mini versions of the RP newspaper ads) and get boots on the ground putting them in every single mailbox. This will generate more calls of people wanting information, more possible supporters. If you can’t come up with the funds for this simply get the slim jims from the campaign and paper clip a business card type thing with contact information for the local precinct captains. Again this type of campaign is focused on bringing supporters to us, not wasting our time chasing after them.

d. Organize into neighborhood teams. In pairs knock on every door in your neighborhood and simply introduce yourselves as neighbors, and state that you’ve learned about a candidate who deserves their attention. Say that he’s different from regular politicians, that you’ve never really been into politics before, that you’re part of a local volunteer effort and that you’re just trying to bring him to their attention. Hand them the slim jim/leaflet with local contact information, or even your personal contact information. Politely thank them for their time. If they seem willing and open to talk, answer their questions, if not leave them be. Again, basic sales skills increase this method’s effectiveness tenfold.

e. Finally the meetings need a couple of people who will focus on researching the exact details of how their elections run, how the precincts and districts are organized, how state and federal reps/senators are elected, and how local government runs. They need to go to every political meeting they can, especially city council meetings. Basically they need to learn everything they can as quickly as they can and report that information back to the meetings. This way we will be able to put in our own independent candidates and try to get them elected. It’s far easier to win a state legislative seat through grass roots, and far easier still to win a local city council position, or mayor. I will explain this in more detail in the plan for the states who have already voted, basically the states still to vote will shift to that plan after the election is over.

We can still win, but the road to victory will be very rough and bumpy. The media has already crowned McCain the winner, but realistically he only has about half of the delegates needed to win outright (500 or so out 1100 or so needed). That means if we work hard, and steal enough delegates we can force a brokered convention. Then we must pray that by the time this occurs RP will have enough savvy politicians on his team to help with the slick political maneuverings required to win a brokered election. Perhaps there’s a way grassroots can help out in the case of a brokered convention, but I haven’t really looked into it to be honest. Bottom line is, it’s possible, very difficult maybe, but not abysmal quite yet.

Section II – Creating a real opposition party through the grassroots.

Part of the reason we have failed in this campaign is because we are divided. Essentially only about ¼ of the country is even open to our message right now because people have been brainwashed to follow the party line mentality. We are separated into Democrats (1/2 the people), Neo Republicans(1/4 or so, of the people), and Traditional Republicans(aka Ron Paul Republicans with about 10% of the people, but the ability to get 25% if they can hear our message). I pulled these numbers out of thin air, but to me that’s a rough of picture of what the political landscape looks like. Our task is to turn our 10% into 25%, then turn 25% into 50% and finally 51%+ and take the country back. The following detailed plan is how we will do it.

Right now it’s going on 4 am and I must sleep. But rest assured Section II will be up by tomorrow evening. I will have a detailed layout of what we’re gonna do and how we’re gonna do it. For now please simply consider my words, and keep your replies short if any. Believe me we will and should have plenty of detailed discussion and editing in the near future. What I’m writing here is simply the first super rough draft. We will have an internet think tank of sorts to run the campaign for a real opposition party.