PDA

View Full Version : I find it hard not to call non-Ron Paul supporters stupid.

Akus
02-08-2008, 03:18 AM
I know some one made a huge thread about how Ron Paul evangelicals are just like the Jesus zombie evangelicals. Rude, disrespectful, judgemental. But when I hear reasons people won't vote for him I have no choice but to come up with that conclusion.

Some one here posted that he talked to some guy about Ron Paul. The guy was super pissed about the border mess. The guy knew very well that McCain not only did nothing to help it, but actually made it much worse. The guy didn't like McCain at all and considered him another sell out political lobby prostitute. Yet still he voted McCain because he was a "war hero". That is after a detailed outline of Ron Paul's positions, his stand on the illegal alien issue, stripping illegal aliens' kids of the citizenship birthright, everything and after actually agreeing that Ron Paul is better.

Whenever I rebuttal people's objections to Ron Paul and I keep getting more and more objections, I see that people are actually looking for an excuse not to vote for him. Even if they see that he is right and he is the man to vote and agree 110% with him, they say "Oh he won't accopmlish anything", and decide to vote for some one else, often the very person who they know won't accomplish anything, either and is just a power hungry politician bribing or scaring them into voting for him.

So, in conclusion, I understand that we can't be acting like some psychotic zealots when it comes to Ron Paul, but I can't help it. People who know everything about Ron Paul there is to know and still don't support him are hopelessly stupid and they deserve Bush, inflation, illegals with their drug dealing and gangbanging, more lies, more blatant "we know you won't do nothing" corruption, more devalued dollar, higher taxes and a big bar code on their forehead because Osama and Democrats hate us for our freedom.

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 03:20 AM
Some may be smart, but nonetheless, they are SHEEPLE. Smart SHEEPLE are suseptable to the truth, whereas stupid SHEEPLE are very content to stay stupid.

Wingman
02-08-2008, 03:24 AM
ron paul's ideas are right but people do not believe he can make them reality

to convince them he has to change himself from being a mere congreeman into being a PRESIDENT

he has to act like a leader, like a president. remeber his leadership experience, like obamas, is limited. its mainly confined to a medical practice.

literatim
02-08-2008, 03:26 AM
There are some stupid Ron Paul supporters as well.

thuja
02-08-2008, 03:27 AM
of course they are stupid! they are afraid of change, even if it's right. if they saw a whole group of followers, though, they would join up.

JonathanR
02-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Even if you don't convince people right away, just by talking to people about these things you plant a seed in their thoughts that can eventually grow into a liberty-minded attitude.

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 03:29 AM

Yeah, but even a stupid Ron Paul supporter is smarter than a John McCain supporter.

LibertyEagle
02-08-2008, 03:37 AM
ron paul's ideas are right but people do not believe he can make them reality

to convince them he has to change himself from being a mere congreeman into being a PRESIDENT

he has to act like a leader, like a president. remeber his leadership experience, like obamas, is limited. its mainly confined to a medical practice.

Dr. Paul's leadership experience is quite a bit more robust than anything Clinton, Obama or McCain have done.

bcreps85
02-08-2008, 03:38 AM
I agree, but I have a hard time blaming them at the same time.

When I ask why people are voting for anyone but Ron Paul, they give me stupid answers...almost always a word-for-word answer from Fox News(which is the truly scary part)! I ask them how they feel about the issues, and they generally have no idea what their candidate is for or against. They think that Republicans believe X and Democrats believe Y, with no differences, and past that its the old white guy, the black guy, or the woman.

If people will debate with me, I can almost always convince them if they are Republicans, and some Democrats but not nearly as many (mostly the helpless government has to save me types that prove brainwashing in schools is working on a large number of sheeple).

The reality of it is that most people are just brainwashed by our school systems and the news...once you are woken up you can't fall back asleep...it is a matter of waking them up.

thuja
02-08-2008, 03:40 AM
how did WE fail to get brainwashed? better diet? fewer phamaceuticals? less television?

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 03:42 AM
I agree, but I have a hard time blaming them at the same time.

When I ask why people are voting for anyone but Ron Paul, they give me stupid answers...almost always a word-for-word answer from Fox News(which is the truly scary part)! I ask them how they feel about the issues, and they generally have no idea what their candidate is for or against. They think that Republicans believe X and Democrats believe Y, with no differences, and past that its the old white guy, the black guy, or the woman.

If people will debate with me, I can almost always convince them if they are Republicans, and some Democrats but not nearly as many (mostly the helpless government has to save me types that prove brainwashing in schools is working on a large number of sheeple).

The reality of it is that most people are just brainwashed by our school systems and the news...once you are woken up you can't fall back asleep...it is a matter of waking them up.

I read somewhere that alot of people voted for McCain in the South Carolina Primary, or it might have been the New Hampshire Primary, because they were under the impression that MCCAIN was going to end the war in Iraq. These are the uninformed, wet-heads we're dealing with. Scary stuff.

RobJinFlorida
02-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Every State is back up for grabs. Win the hearts and minds of open delegates.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115814

Letter and Flyer bomb the country!

bcreps85
02-08-2008, 03:52 AM
how did WE fail to get brainwashed? better diet? fewer phamaceuticals? less television?

I can't be sure, but I have a couple ideas:

The tendency to question EVERYTHING, even what seems obvious, as opposed to those who take everything they are told at face value. (The eternal vigilance our forefathers said was the price of Democracy). As a kid, I got in trouble at school a lot not for acting out or fighting, but for calling teachers out when they were wrong, and sticking to my guns and proving it in front of the class. Being punished for being right has no place in a place of academics.

We accept personal responsibility in our daily lives. (And thus we don't feel that we need welfare). At the end of the day, I am responsible for me. If I make a mistake, I own up to it instead of blaming others, and fix it myself...instead of expecting others to.

We are more educated in History. (Which is why we know about how this country was founded and is meant to be.) Face it...most people think things are the way they were meant to be because that is what they have been told in school or seen and heard on TV. Those of us who read the word of our founding fathers know that this isn't true. We can make connections to history. Nazi German and the Soviets both took over the education system right away...this is the connection we make when we look at the Department of Education. These same governments attacked freedom of speech and the right to bear arms, which we make connections to. Most empires that have collapsed did so because they over expanded, we see this happening and make this connection.

The simple fact is, everything that has happened is not new. It has happened over and over throughout history, and if we don't change course we can predict exactly where we are going.

danberkeley
02-08-2008, 04:07 AM
i'd give them the benefit of doubt and call them ignorant. just like were once.

thuja
02-08-2008, 04:17 AM
something good must have happened then, before i got to school, because i was taught to question things, research, and speak up for what is right. and i had good parents. also, they had been through the second world war. i do not recall them telling misery stories, they were possitive, being grateful for good things.

freedmfytr
02-08-2008, 04:20 AM
Damn the Sheeple!!!

RonPizzle
02-08-2008, 04:22 AM
I had someone tell me she would vote for Ron Paul, but she just doesn't think that he can win. Right now she's for Huckchuck. When I hear that one does not vote for someone that stands for exactly what one believes in, I go into this explanation of how you do not have to win the whole shabang to get credit for your ideas. People assume that elections are winner take all, which is certainly untrue. This explanation, and further insinuations of it, has worked well when a person says they just don't think RP can win it all.

thuja
02-08-2008, 04:25 AM
don't let the stupid people drag us down. they are our challenge. we can effect changes.
eventually, there can be groups followed by more groups doing things the right way.

ctnjason
02-08-2008, 04:29 AM
As long as i can remember, ive always said that the THREE things stupid people SHOULD NOT DO yet they do at alarming amounts are the following :

Breed

Drive

Vote

Its amazng that people have these rights just as equal as the educated

thuja
02-08-2008, 04:29 AM
I had someone tell me she would vote for Ron Paul, but she just doesn't think that he can win. Right now she's for Huckchuck. When I hear that one does not vote for someone that stands for exactly what one believes in, I go into this explanation of how you do not have to win the whole shabang to get credit for your ideas. People assume that elections are winner take all, which is certainly untrue. This explanation, and further insinuations of it, has worked well when a person says they just don't think RP can win it all.

this must be some lack of confidence the individual has, needing to vote for the most popular, and not the one the individual really likes. guess people need to be more confidant, and vote the way they really want to. wonder wh they are so weak.

ButchHowdy
02-08-2008, 04:38 AM
It's years of Brainwashing but concentrate on those whose ears and eyes are partially open. I made it through 9 of 12 pages of cold calling in my precinct and only got into 1 debate just to keep my skills honed but it's very exhausting.

My precinct did 6.44% vs FL's 3.whatever.

Nicodemus was a big-time Pharisee but eventually he saw the Light!

thuja
02-08-2008, 04:45 AM
It's years of Brainwashing but concentrate on those whose ears and eyes are partially open. I made it through 9 of 12 pages of cold calling in my precinct and only got into 1 debate just to keep my skills honed but it's very exhausting.

My precinct did 6.44% vs FL's 3.whatever.

Nicodemus was a big-time Pharisee but eventually he saw the Light!

here it is, difficult, and not impossible!

Future4u
02-08-2008, 05:08 AM
I converse with many citizens of foreign countries who have been following the campaign with much interest . They all tell me how fortunate we are and that they would love to have such a leader for their country . In fact there are about 30 meet up groups consisting of these foreigners that can't even vote . Some have offered to send me money to donate on their behalf . I don't dare lest it cause problems for his campaign .

The entire World is watching

syborius
02-08-2008, 05:13 AM
It's kinda like the stockholm syndrome. After being beat down, tortured, taxed to the hilt, suppressed, beat down some more, you begin to enjoy the status quo, and people in this belief system and mind frame fall victim to how things can't possibly change, they have always been like this, so I will vote for the status quo/media candidate. To them it is comforting, and no amount of rationalization can break this thought process. That my friends is the unfortunate mind-set of the majority of Americans. It's a sick self-fulfilled prophecy. The utter hatred, contempt, and irrational fear I have seen around this election from people all around says more about the human condition than it does about Ron Paul's message. People prefer to be led over freedom. Doesn't matter who is leading, as long as they are being led. If we want real change, you have to deprogram people from a reality they have been living in their entire lives, not this illusion we have today, but alas, the illusion will soon be shattered, and I fear only then will the people fully realize what transpired, and only then will the real revolution begin.

Mordan
02-08-2008, 05:20 AM
tell them it is not a horse race.

BigRedBrent
02-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Yeah, but even a stupid Ron Paul supporter is smarter than a John McCain supporter.

Yeah I know, at least they was lucky enough to get in the right line.

thuja
02-08-2008, 05:28 AM
unfortunately, i think the stockholm syndrome idea is true. how do people get out of that?

BigRedBrent
02-08-2008, 05:29 AM
As long as i can remember, ive always said that the THREE things stupid people SHOULD NOT DO yet they do at alarming amounts are the following :

Breed

Drive

Vote

Its amazng that people have these rights just as equal as the educated

LOL, and we are desperately fighting to preserve those rights. :D

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 05:30 AM

Or by having a better understanding of the ideas discussed in this video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958)?

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-08-2008, 05:47 AM
Ron Paul did well in university towns. Ames Iowa area. On berkeley Campus we won 45% of GOP voters.

We are not paultards.

ArrestPoliticians
02-08-2008, 06:16 AM
I know some one made a huge thread about how Ron Paul evangelicals are just like the Jesus zombie evangelicals. Rude, disrespectful, judgemental. But when I hear reasons people won't vote for him I have no choice but to come up with that conclusion.

Some one here posted that he talked to some guy about Ron Paul. The guy was super pissed about the border mess. The guy knew very well that McCain not only did nothing to help it, but actually made it much worse. The guy didn't like McCain at all and considered him another sell out political lobby prostitute. Yet still he voted McCain because he was a "war hero". That is after a detailed outline of Ron Paul's positions, his stand on the illegal alien issue, stripping illegal aliens' kids of the citizenship birthright, everything and after actually agreeing that Ron Paul is better.

Whenever I rebuttal people's objections to Ron Paul and I keep getting more and more objections, I see that people are actually looking for an excuse not to vote for him. Even if they see that he is right and he is the man to vote and agree 110% with him, they say "Oh he won't accopmlish anything", and decide to vote for some one else, often the very person who they know won't accomplish anything, either and is just a power hungry politician bribing or scaring them into voting for him.

So, in conclusion, I understand that we can't be acting like some psychotic zealots when it comes to Ron Paul, but I can't help it. People who know everything about Ron Paul there is to know and still don't support him are hopelessly stupid and they deserve Bush, inflation, illegals with their drug dealing and gangbanging, more lies, more blatant "we know you won't do nothing" corruption, more devalued dollar, higher taxes and a big bar code on their forehead because Osama and Democrats hate us for our freedom.

Lets look at why this is. Some people want to figure things out on their own by assessing media data. Over their dead body will they change their opinion over what you say. This is the real tragedy, people like this are given no chance to support Paul because it is so hard to find out the hidden truth on your own.

Akus
02-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Here is another pearl of wisdom from Neal Boortz:

This for all of you "die-hard Reagan Republicans" out there ... you know, the ones who are acting like you're not going to support John McCain in this year's election .. and who may even sit this one out. By now you should have heard about McCain's speech yesterday before CPAC. Here are just some of the things McCain said he would do:

Continue to carry the fight to the Islamic radicals and goons wherever we can get to them.
Close the borders .. tight .. before any consideration is given as to what to do with the illegals who are already here.
Not sign a bill with earmarks in it. ANY earmarks in it.
Reduce the size of government.
Not allow the expansion of entitlement programs
Make the Bush tax cuts permanent
Cut corporate tax rates.
End AMT
Develop free market solutions for health care, and respect for the right of free individuals to make choices for themselves.

I don't know, but that sounds like a fairly good conservative platform for me. Sure, there are things that I, as a Libertarian, would change. For instance, not only would I block the expansion of entitlement programs, I would start a rollback. Making the Bush tax cuts permanent would not be enough .. there's the FairTax. And then there's my idea for a 10th Amendment Commission .. and I would like to see the systematic elimination of all government schools, beginning with transferring power to local governments and mandating voucher and school choice programs as a prerequisite for any school to get any federal government money at all.

But .. McCain is the guy. He's going to be the nominee unless something really bizarre happens. If you don't support his candidacy .. if you sit out the election .. just how much influence do you think you are going to have during his presidency? That is ...if your actions don't put Hideous Hillary in office.

Now, how am I supposed to read this and not call this stupid. Why would I ever believe a single word McCain is saying, especially after what he did on the illegal immigration issue? Why would some body talk about "systematic elimination of government schools and then dismiss Ron Paul, the only person who wants to do away with DOE, as a "terrorist sympathizer".

Yes, I know, Neil Boortz, who cares, he is a dumb shock jock, but a lot of people think exactly like this. They choose McCain after being promised that he'll do exactly what he has never done and shows no evidence of intending to do.

arrgh

belian78
02-08-2008, 10:45 AM
i dont know where i found it, i'll have to see if i can again, but there was a study done showing that a biased mind actually 'rewards' itself when it ignores the truth when it's heard.

sort of like a shot of heroin to a junkie really, the brain emits certain chemicals to give the person a 'rush' when they are faced with undeniable truth, yet deny it and rationalize their way around it.

that, my friends, is one scary study.

manuel
02-08-2008, 10:53 AM

Amen brother!

Loke
02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I was just talking about how people have been suppressed by the government for so long, freedom scares them. When they see a chance to be free they are like a bird who has always been caged with the door left open. They either won't fly out or if they do, they'll fly right back because they know nothing except the caged life.

Kade
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM

Some VERY stupid Ron Paul supporters.

Kade
02-08-2008, 11:21 AM
i dont know where i found it, i'll have to see if i can again, but there was a study done showing that a biased mind actually 'rewards' itself when it ignores the truth when it's heard.

sort of like a shot of heroin to a junkie really, the brain emits certain chemicals to give the person a 'rush' when they are faced with undeniable truth, yet deny it and rationalize their way around it.

that, my friends, is one scary study.

That study was actually a study on the certainty of correctness. More often then not, agnostic people, people who were not 100% sure, but were confident and capable of changing their mind who vastly more correct about issues than people who were 100% certain about them. In other words, another chalk mark for the willfully ignorant in their exploration of vast stupidity. More people in America are so f**king sure of themselves... that is the problem. People need to question themselves and their cherished ideologies, even if they don't change their minds, people should be open to listening.

Loke
02-08-2008, 11:26 AM
That study was actually a study on the certainty of correctness. More often then not, agnostic people, people who were not 100% sure, but were confident and capable of changing their mind who vastly more correct about issues than people who were 100% certain about them. In other words, another chalk mark for the willfully ignorant in their exploration of vast stupidity. More people in America are so f**king sure of themselves... that is the problem. People need to question themselves and their cherished ideologies, even if they don't change their minds, people should be open to listening.

That's a really interesting statement. I would love to read the study. Any idea where I might find it or what key word I could google to pull it up?

Catatonic
02-08-2008, 11:34 AM
There's no reason to vote against your principals in the primaries. The general election is when you get to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Did you point out that ron paul is also a veteran? Not only that, ron paul doesn't have veteran organizations that hate his guts.

affa
02-08-2008, 11:53 AM

i think it was a dose of healthy paranoia somewhere early in our lives.

in order to understand why Ron Paul must be president, one must understand that our 'leaders' don't have our best interests in mind, that collusion does exist, and that we're better off with freedom than government enforced security.

Most people don't understand freedom. Most people believe freedom is the freedom to choose between Brand A and Brand B.

affa
02-08-2008, 12:01 PM
There's no reason to vote against your principals in the primaries. The general election is when you get to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Never vote for the lesser of two evils. It is a vote for a system that is constructed to provide us two evils.

Let's put it this way:

If both parties provided us great candidates, we'd be free not only to vote for them, but to explore third parties. Afterall, everybody is pretty decent!

A two party system must, to protect itself, provide bad candidates. Candidates so bad that both sides feel the alarming need to vote for their own candidate, even though they don't really like them all that much... just to keep the other person out.

kgiese
02-08-2008, 12:06 PM
The whole world is made up of words. I don't think that name calling serves any real purpose, including labeling yourself an "a**hole". Everyone has their own beliefs, ideas, and bodies. No, to people are exactly the same in this world. I can agree with that. Everyone has their own level of intelligence, their own interest, and their own families.

People do not choose where they are born, which families they are born into, or what their families, schools, churches, and other leaders will tell them. They do have a choice on how they will act or react, and they can learn. What I am trying to say is not everyone is born rich and people can't always control their circumstances, but at some point they may grow and find the education and strength to do the right thing. To help those that need a hand up. Someday you may find you need a hand and who will be there for you?

qh4dotcom
02-08-2008, 12:16 PM

Don't worry...someone will make them pay for their stupidity...the IRS.
I predict McCain will flip-flop with his promise to make the Bush tax cuts permanent. War isn't cheap and more taxpayer cash is needed, he voted against the Bush tax cuts before and refuses to acknowledge that the vote was a mistake.

Russellk30
02-08-2008, 12:35 PM

Yes, like thoses that claim unless one is not dedicated to the rEPUBLICAN pARTY, they are not part of this movement.

I agree with you. Too many people make baseless assertions that a damaging to this movement. Aside from the obvious trolls, we should be as accepting to outsiders as possible.

terryhamel
02-08-2008, 03:06 PM

For me, the seed of liberty was planted early. I was allowed to try things my way and found I was good at it. I am self taught because I am self motivated.