PDA

View Full Version : CNN on the Rushed Primaries

Shink
08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
CNN just had a bit on the primaries being moved up (I think it was SC they were talking about) and Jack Cafferty made a reference about how the Ron Pauls and Dennis Kuciniches are at a disadvantage due to the money and advertising, and he asked the question:

Are the 2008 elections coming too soon?

I emailed them back, hopefully it gets put up there. Probably won't.

jd603
08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
He's 1000% correct and no doubt this is why it was done.

CNN just had a bit on the primaries being moved up (I think it was SC they were talking about) and Jack Cafferty made a reference about how the Ron Pauls and Dennis Kuciniches are at a disadvantage due to the money and advertising, and he asked the question:

Are the 2008 elections coming too soon?

I emailed them back, hopefully it gets put up there. Probably won't.

Eli
08-09-2007, 06:53 PM
them being moved up is a VERY bad thing. The shorter the primaries the less chance americans have to research their candidates and get involved. They learned that name recognition means a lot in winning. Therefore the sooner they can move them up the best chance they have of getting the exactly lineup they want to win. Its a big power struggle. Moving up the primaries is a way for them to get the exactly "chosen" candidates to win instantly everytime. We have to work VERY hard people. Be ruthless, be fast. God speed.

Shink
08-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Yep, each caucus that moves up, I will only view it as an assault on the grassroots campaigns. I don't feel bad only for our campaign, but also for Gravel and Kucinich.

Too bad most people are stuck in the 'oh well, what are you gonna do?' sheep mindset. Patrick Henry would be pissed.

american.swan
08-09-2007, 07:06 PM
For those "oh well types" watch NickelBack's song "if everyone cared" While you watch, notice how many people it took to "change the world".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-QfLJbEN3k

I'll say it first...I think we need to seriously organize a march on washington like MLK Jr. A march for freedom, a march for civil liberties, a march for justice, ok ok....an impeachment march YEAH!!!

Bruehound
08-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Actually ...and against the conventional wisdom, compressed primaries may increase the likelyhood of an 'open convention'. Rather than the annoited frontrunner using early states to slinghot on momentum, the cluster of Feb 5 primaries will mean different candidates will direct resourses to compete in states they believe they have a chance in(particularly in proportional jusristictions).

In other words, many candidates will come to the convention with many delegates and if their is no candidate selected on the first ballot at the convention then all the delegates are released.

USPatriot36
08-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Iowa moving to mid-December is a GOOD Thing. Ron Paul has an excellent chance to win in Iowa. A win or second place finish in Iowa would get Ron lots of free press for 3 weeks leading up to New Hampshire. Also a very strong showing in Iowa would give Ron Paul 3 weeks to get donations from people who will no doubt sit on the sideline until they really believe he has a shot.

paulaholic
08-09-2007, 09:26 PM
We will be fine, it's only a minor setback. Only a handful of states are affected and we have four more months. :D

monotony
08-09-2007, 10:21 PM
For those "oh well types" watch NickelBack's song "if everyone cared" While you watch, notice how many people it took to "change the world".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-QfLJbEN3k

I'll say it first...I think we need to seriously organize a march on washington like MLK Jr. A march for freedom, a march for civil liberties, a march for justice, ok ok....an impeachment march YEAH!!!

Impeach Bush - September 15 (http://www.impeachbush.org/)