PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Money Bomb for Congress

LibertyForever
02-08-2008, 12:26 AM
We definately need throw a mini-bomb at RonPaulforcongress, I was over at the hannity forum and someone was talking about a recent poll in his congressional district, 39% for Ron Paul, 61% against.

LibertyForever
02-08-2008, 12:31 AM
bump, extremely important, we need to get him to 500k, asap.

LibertyForever
02-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Bump!

LibertyForever
02-08-2008, 12:38 AM
If Ron Paul doesnt win the nomination, do you want him to lose his congressional seat?!

literatim
02-08-2008, 12:39 AM
http://www.libertywarchest.com

LibertyForever
02-08-2008, 12:40 AM
:D

TraditionalGOPer
02-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi, actually I was thinking the same thing. Besides just remember the Alamo I was thinking 189forTexas.com to remember the speech to the remaining Patriots as well.

Alamo Heroes Appear Foolish Today
by Chuck Baldwin, March 07, 2006

"Liberty" is an easy word to say, but it is a hard word to live up to. Freedom has little to do with financial gain or personal pleasure. Accompanying freedom is her constant and unattractive companion, "Responsibility." Neither is she an only child. "Patriotism" and "Morality" are her sisters. They are inseparable; destroy one and all will die.

Early in the siege, Travis wrote these words to the people of Texas: "Fellow Citizens & Compatriots: I am besieged by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna. The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise the garrison are to be put to the sword. I have answered the demand with a cannon shot & our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat. VICTORY OR DEATH! P.S. The Lord is on our side."

...... more in comments

Remember the Alamo

Eight hundred and eighty were challenged by Travis to die
By a line that he drew with his sword as the battle drew nigh
A man that crossed over the line was for glory
And he that was left better fly
And over the line crossed one hundred and seventy nine

Hey Up Santa Anna, they're killing your soldiers below
So the rest of Texas will know
And remember the Alamo

Jim Bowie lay dying, the blood and the sweat in his eyes
But his knife at the ready to take him a few in reply
Young Davy Crocket lay laughing and dying
The blood and the sweat in his eyes
For Texas and freedom a man was more willing to die

And remember the Alamo

A courier came to a battle once bloody and loud
And found only skin and bones where he once left a crowd
Fear not little darling of dying
If this world be sovereign and free
For we'll fight to the last for as long as liberty be

And remember the Alamo

These people knew what they were doing when they decided to fight against all odds. They knew before they even started that they were going to die. But they died with "their boots on", so that the rest of us could live in a country of liberty and peace. They died for us, and they did so with their heads high... They didn't save their country or the world, but they did their part. Little known is that the 189 men (not 179 as mentioned in the song above) who fought for Texas and freedom all died, BUT those 189 men managed to kill 1,600 enemies before they were defeated.

On the surface, the Battle of Alamo is about Texas and freedom, but it is also about freedom and human rights on a domestic and global scale. The difference between those who "crossed the line" and were willing to fight until death drove them apart, and those who decided to fly, is not necessarily that the ones who withdrew were all cowards. They had priorities; many of them had family and children, of course, and other things valuable to them in life. No, the difference was that those who stayed and fought until the end were those with the broader vision, who could see beyond their own significance and their immediate lives, and were willing to sacrifice themselves for this higher goal. They knew they would not win the battle, but they hoped that what they did for freedom would live on and stay in people's minds for generations to come.

Look at some of these videos I found.

We will sell our lives dearly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iqw8-VSujs&feature=related)

John Wayne Republic speech (only the last part, I was going to cut) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp-U0vCZzH0)

Remember the Alamo song by Gianluca Zanna (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1F2maaJkDA)

Johnny Cash - Remember The Alamo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i79X9jTAfEM)

REMEMBER THE ALAMO! facts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKHXg27RVQ)

Smiley Gladhands
02-08-2008, 05:53 PM
If you're maxed out can you donate to his congressional run?

RonPaulFanInGA
02-08-2008, 06:21 PM
We definately need throw a mini-bomb at RonPaulforcongress, I was over at the hannity forum and someone was talking about a recent poll in his congressional district, 39% for Ron Paul, 61% against.

The Hannity guy is, surprise-surpirse, full of it. Paul himself says his own internal polling for his congressional reelection is "reassuring" and that he has a 70% job approval rating in his district. Paul is no fool, if he honestly felt threatened by his primary opponent he'd quit the presidential race like Dennis Kucinich did.

Also, "against" is not on the ballot.

AlexMerced
02-08-2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.libertywarchest.com let's not flood the congressional money bomb market

I'll be focussing on taking over the congress

I'll be doing monthly fundraiser for congressional candidates so just get on the list, this way you guys can focus on grander grassroots projects for POTUS

RonPaulFanInGA
02-08-2008, 06:25 PM
If you're maxed out can you donate to his congressional run?

Yes. But there is a catch, if Paul drops out of the presidential race and transfer all that money to his congressional election fund, any amount that exceeds 2,300 would have to be returned to you.

For example, if you donate 1,500 to Paul for president and 1,000 to Paul for congress and Paul transfered all the funds to his congressional race after dropping out of the presidential race, Paul would be required to return 200 dollars of that money.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I was over at the hannity forum and someone was talking about a recent poll

Can you quote the post or source this poll?

Flash
02-08-2008, 06:38 PM
we broke the money bomb record for presidential candidates (6 mill. in one day), how about we do it for congress?

abbgt1
02-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Made my $200 donation earlier this week to the Congressional Campaign. Go Ron go!

RonPaulFanInGA
02-08-2008, 06:50 PM
The "poll" that the Hannity supporter is talking about comes from the Hill in November 2007, written by known Paul-hater David Hill. Also the poll was conducted in 2004, and it has nothing to do with a straight-up "do you support or oppose Ron Paul" thing.

"In 2004, disgruntled Republicans asked me to find encouragement for challengers. We polled his suburban Houston district and found that voters resist his contrarian and stark libertarian perspective that even sells out local interests. When told that “Ron Paul consistently opposes taxpayer funding for NASA and wants to eliminate the agency,” 61 percent of Republican primary voters said this information would make them less likely to vote for Paul’s reelection."

Of course, Paul won easily in 2004 and beat his 2006 republican primary challenger, who spent 150,000 dollars of her own money on her campaign, by 56 percentage points.

Pretty dishonest by that Hannity poster, huh? The story, from November 2007, was mildly recent...but the poll was not recent at all. And no one votes based on the big issue of NASA. This poll is 100% irrelevant now.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-08-2008, 06:55 PM
how about we do it for congress?

The 400,000 dollar goal would be smashed quickly and easily if RonPaulForums and DailyPaul put up the widget from ronpaulforcongress.com and asked people to donate.

linusPAULing
02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
The 400,000 dollar goal would be smashed quickly and easily if RonPaulForums and DailyPaul put up the widget from ronpaulforcongress.com and asked people to donate.

Actually, I agree. Great idea! Mods?

RonPaulFanInGA, have you contacted DailyPaul about this?

Ronpaulgraphs could also have a link to http://defendthedistrict.com/ and generate graphs for congressional fund raising.

AlexMerced
02-08-2008, 07:20 PM
don'tforget valentines day for the first LibertyWarChest.com fundraiser

Kacela
02-09-2008, 08:34 AM
We need to come together once again and show how much this man has changed our lives, and the changed the future of our nation as us "Ron Paul Republicans" begin to take public office ourselves... Donate today to Ron Paul's Congressional campaign! http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/index.html
He only needs $220,000 more to reach his goal!

linusPAULing
02-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Plus, money spent on the congressional race obviously helps the presidential run as well. It's hard to believe that people who are voting for RP for congress won't have a much greater chance of voting for him for president as well.

So the publicity gained from funding the congressional race actually funds the both races. That's a lot of bang for the buck!

francioshouse
02-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Please remember, the maximum contribution is $2300 per election cycle. We are currently in the primary cycle. Make your best donations before March 4th. On March 5th you start back at $0 and can donate another $2300 for the general election.