PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL 3RD PARTY INDEPENDENT RUN - Is it possible???

CareerTech1
02-08-2008, 12:20 AM
If enough Americans reject McCain, Obama, and Hillary and throw their support behind Ron Paul - would a 3rd party run be his only hope? And is this possible? Can he do it? If yes then why and if not then why not???

slantedview
02-08-2008, 12:21 AM
no offense but we've had a million threads about this since tuesday. i'm sure one or two of them address why not.

CareerTech1
02-08-2008, 12:22 AM
well - please answer the question

jbuttell
02-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Who knows, but I am very disappointed (though not surprised) with how democrats are flocking around Obama and Hillary whe they both support the Patriot Act - support the War on Terrorism just like Bush. With how the media is distorting things, i doubt the masses will wake up anytime soon. Though I'll keep trying....

CareerTech1
02-08-2008, 12:28 AM
RP is the only conservative that will end the war, balance the budget, fix the economy, uphold the constitution, eliminate the income tax that violates our 4th amendment rights, be honest, etc.

What is wrong with people that they would even consider mcnamedropper???

Caulfield
02-08-2008, 12:29 AM
If you want to get a chance to actually vote for Ron Paul in a general election, then a 3rd party run is about the only way to do this.

CareerTech1
02-08-2008, 12:30 AM
what has to happen to make this a reality?

dblee
02-08-2008, 12:30 AM
f*&#, please, there is a forum for this.

jake
02-08-2008, 12:31 AM
do you realize we have this exact thread every day?

pinkmandy
02-08-2008, 12:32 AM
It's crazy...I see pissed off dems so angry they say they will vote for McCrazy over Hitlary (many really hate her!) and angry repubs saying they will vote for Hitlary over McCrazy.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-08-2008, 12:33 AM
what has to happen to make this a reality?

Ron Paul needs to feel secure in getting re-elected to Congress to forge ahead with an independent run.

Helping give Dr. Paul a war chest for his congressional re-election campaign is a good first step. This will ensure he annihilates his neo-con primary opponent in March, and won't have any serious threats in November. The Dems usually don't bother running against him, and if they do, they field a token candidate who gets no more than 40%. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas%27s_14th_congressional_district#2004

And Congressman Paul's re-election site to DONATE!

http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/

Caulfield
02-08-2008, 12:34 AM
It's crazy...I see pissed off dems so angry they say they will vote for McCrazy over Hitlary (many really hate her!) and angry repubs saying they will vote for Hitlary over McCrazy.

And nobody says, "Gee, there is a third party option that isn't as destructive as voting for the opposite party."

Drknows
02-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Only if Hillary and Mccain are the nominee. Oh yeah we would need a dec 16th and November 5th everyday.

Ron Paul would have to buy 1 million dollars worth of commercials everyday just to compete with the anointed ones.

But anything is possible.

literatim
02-08-2008, 12:37 AM
The absolute minimum amount of money needed to run 3rd party or independent is $100 million and that is assuming you can get into the debates. Ron Paul is not going to run 3rd party nor independent because to do so would be to leave the GOP which would cause him to leave his Congressional primary.

ArrestPoliticians
02-08-2008, 12:47 AM
it is possible and we can win it in the following situations:

#1 It is Hillary vs Mccain, no Bloomberg

#2 it is Hillary vs Mccain, Bloomberg runs and gets adequate airtime while RP does not and flys under the radar(could lead to a 3 way split of idiot voters, while RP gets his by then 20% of the voters after a summer of grassroots mayhem.)

#3 Hillary/Obama vs Mccain vs Paul (Bloomberg irrelevant) *Caveat is RON PAUL GETS IN ALL OF THE DEBATES. He will make them look like idiots

We only have NO chance in this scenario should we not get into the debates:

#1 Obama vs Huckabee

#2 Hillary/Obama vs Mccain/Huckabee w/ Bloomberg getting little airtime

jointhefightforfreedom
02-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Who knows, but I am very disappointed (though not surprised) with how democrats are flocking around Obama and Hillary whe they both support the Patriot Act - support the War on Terrorism just like Bush. With how the media is distorting things, i doubt the masses will wake up anytime soon. Though I'll keep trying....

Start with joining my signature thread!
IT IS TIME FOR WE THE PEOPLE TO TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY!
TIMING is better than ever now!

CareerTech1
02-08-2008, 08:37 AM
McCain is Insane in the Membrane

Hillary and Obama are almost as bad as Osama.

With Ron Paul we stand Tall.

MN Patriot
02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Of course it is possible to run as a third party candidate, and it would be much easier than dealing with the neo-cons in the GOP.

I really doubt that Ron is going to get the Republican nomination, even though I am a precinct delegate and I intend to go as far through the GOP nominating process that I can. But there is no way he will get the Republican Party nomination. If he were treated respectfully by the "conservatives" in the GOP, it would be very possible. But nobody there wants him, he must run as a third party candidate to be on the ballot in November.

If this is truly going to be a revolution, Ron needs to run as a Libertarian since he was idealistic enough to do it 20 years ago. Help build the Libertarian Party so that it replaces the Republican Party, put it out of business. The neo-cons can join the Democrats.