PDA

View Full Version : Other Myers/Briggs Personality types - how/why to sway them

MsDoodahs
02-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Someone else already corrected my earlier error, INTJs are 2.1% of the GenPop. INTPs are 3.3% of the GenPop. Together they make up an estimated 5.4% of the general population, per Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator).

At the time I posted this, the poll results showed 53.41% of the respondents having either INTJ or INTP, with INTJ being twice as common - reversing the GenPop ratio of those two, in addition to having INTx being TEN TIMES as common on this board than in the general population.

I don't think this is a random occurrence. :)

Let's *assume* that INTx persons are more likely to be freedom-lovers, compared to the GenPop. That gives us an uphill struggle.

Let's *assume* that genetics has *some* influence on behavioral typing. This explains most of human history, i.e., the rise of the State and who seeks power, why most people are sheeple, etc.

Let's further *assume* that INTx types could learn how to "speak other languages," and use that to influence those other types who were both far more common in the GenPop, and either:
(1) malleable and dumb enough to fall for catch-phrases and sound bites, or
(2) somewhat inclined towards freedom, but not as "hard core" as we INTx's.

What are the implications for our future political action? For our future "educational" activity?

Because let's face it, if we convinced everybody with a Promethean Temperament (xNTx) (http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/keirsey-analysis.html) of libertarianism's (or whatever you want to call it) merits, then we'd have a whopping 10.5% of the population on our side. Convincing all the INTx types would give us only 5.4% of the population.

Hmm, between 5 and 11%. Sound ... familiar? In the right range of, say, most of the primary results and many of the national polls???

If we try to convince others, of different temperaments, through techniques that work with US, we are doomed to fail. We need to speak their language – as distasteful and disgusting as it seems – in order to sway them.

Thoughts?

Sounds very familiar, unfortunately.

I think you're onto something with speaking to other "types" in their "language."

Uh....

How do we do that?

Is there a manual somewhere? :D

MyKillK
02-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Well, for example, the majority of the population are Feeling (F) types as opposed to thinking (T) types. The percentage is 60-40.

This explains why most politicians prefer to use rhetoric instead of addressing the issues directly. It's for the simple statistical fact that a majority of people will respond better to these types of persuasions.

But really this kind of information isn't very useful in reality -- how often are you going to know someone's personality type before you address them?