PDA

View Full Version : This should be the new strategy forward... Running for congress~!!

gandhi08
02-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I know we didn't do a whole lot well than we expected to do. But this should be the new plan forward.

Look at all the precincts where Ron Paul did well. Where he came in either 1st or second. IN those places we should encourage people to run for congress on Ron Paul platform. I know by this way at least we can win some seats in congress. If we just go lets run for congress in some county in Florida, its just not going to happen. We have to target the places where there a rich amount of Ron Paul supporters already present. We can fund them, and help them win the seats in congress.

We need a great deal of more organization than this campaign. Lets target the districts and win them. I think this goal is very much attainable.

Feedbacks please.

Ryan_G
02-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Please don't just run for Congress out of nowhere and just say you are on Pauls platform. You need to network first and let people get to know you. Attend your caucuses, work your way up to a higher position in the Party. Or run for a City position, then a State position, then Congress. At least some kind of leadership position prior..

Anything else won't do any good and could spread the notion that RP people are nuts. Things take time..

utrunner07
02-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I know we didn't do a whole lot well than we expected to do. But this should be the new plan forward.

Look at all the precincts where Ron Paul did well. Where he came in either 1st or second. IN those places we should encourage people to run for congress on Ron Paul platform. I know by this way at least we can win some seats in congress. If we just go lets run for congress in some county in Florida, its just not going to happen. We have to target the places where there a rich amount of Ron Paul supporters already present. We can fund them, and help them win the seats in congress.

We need a great deal of more organization than this campaign. Lets target the districts and win them. I think this goal is very much attainable.

Feedbacks please.

Its a wonderful idea...really what you need to begin accomplishing stuff like this is a political party, unfortunately people are so ingrained in the rep. dem. system that would be hard, so the best idea is to get people up at the top of the rep. party and start changing things from the inside while at the same time doing what you are suggesting here.

utrunner07
02-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Please don't just run for Congress out of nowhere and just say you are on Pauls platform. You need to network first and let people get to know you. Attend your caucuses, work your way up to a higher position in the Party. Or run for a City position, then a State position, then Congress. At least some kind of leadership position prior..

Anything else won't do any good and could spread the notion that RP people are nuts. Things take time..

100% agree, see the other thread with the fella from Colorado that was apparently running for congress.:rolleyes:

virginiakid
02-08-2008, 12:17 AM
And go to the Leadership Institute for training. Very good school!

Rob
02-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Its a wonderful idea...really what you need to begin accomplishing stuff like this is a political party, unfortunately people are so ingrained in the rep. dem. system that would be hard, so the best idea is to get people up at the top of the rep. party and start changing things from the inside while at the same time doing what you are suggesting here.

That's what the Republican Liberty Caucus is for, see my signature.

MrZach
02-08-2008, 12:18 AM
We're already working on this... read on...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=101426