PDA

View Full Version : 36 hours to Ames- Are you excited?

Perry
08-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I cannot believe that Ames is less than two days away!
I am very anxious. This is such an important event and could be a crossroads in American history. Sadly, i won't make it to the event but i'll be up bright and early Saturday morning to watch the entire event on C-span.

Time is getting short!
Who's getting excited?

JosephTheLibertarian
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I am very anxious. This is such an important event and could be a crossroads in American history. Sadly, i won't make it to the event but i'll be up bright and early Saturday morning to watch the entire event on C-span.

Time is getting short!
Who's getting excited?

yes... that's when it starts, will be a few days from the start until we know the results though. A member here said there is THOUSANDS of Ron Paul cars.....

FreedomLover
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm disconnecting my internet and tv until august 12. Im excited about it, but at the end of the day, we have to realize this is not a great form of democracy, and that first or last place, we should still support Ron Paul all the same. I know I will.

FreedomLover
08-09-2007, 04:40 PM
yes... that's when it starts, will be a few days from the start until we know the results though. A member here said there is THOUSANDS of Ron Paul cars.....

I think he meant that all the cars had had slimjims and notes about RP tacked on them by supporters that day. Still, maybe it will have an effect. :cool:

BuddyRey
08-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Heck yeah! I can't WAIT!!! And after Ames, we'll take Gastonia, NC this Monday!

ctb619
08-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Heck yeah! I can't WAIT!!! And after Ames, we'll take Gastonia, NC this Monday!

What's in Gastonia, NC?

rpf2008
I can barely take it ! Let's do this already !

Shink

Time is getting short!
Who's getting excited?

I second that! I'm VERY disappointed that I can't go, I'M FROM IOWA! But I'm very glad that the world is about to see how Ron Paul is a deadly serious threat to establishment hacks. It's the first step in a wild ride.

wecandoit
08-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm just worried and anxious.

The Iowa GOP has the ability to totally steal this thing in complete secerecy, without any worries of being caught.

Not generating a good feeling here.

ronpaulitician
08-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I can't wait. Going to a tabling here in LA today, and hope to pass out a good amount of RP slim jims. Will make sure to let the people know to keep an eye on Iowa this Saturday.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Still no ride Shink?

I live 790 miles away otherwise I'd take ya.

DeadheadForPaul
08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I second that! I'm VERY disappointed that I can't go, I'M FROM IOWA! But I'm very glad that the world is about to see how Ron Paul is a deadly serious threat to establishment hacks. It's the first step in a wild ride.

Have you posted/joined all the Iowa meetup groups? I bet if you post, someone will give you a ride. I know people got picked up on the way to SC for the spartanburg/greenvile events

BuddyRey
08-09-2007, 05:08 PM
What's in Gastonia, NC?

Another straw poll. A very minor one in comparison with Ames, but I live in NC, so I'm going to take the opportunity to prove that our Iowa victory was no fluke! :D

Shink
08-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Still no ride Shink?

I live 790 miles away otherwise I'd take ya.

Have you posted/joined all the Iowa meetup groups? I bet if you post, someone will give you a ride. I know people got picked up on the way to SC for the spartanburg/greenvile events

I got a gracious offer from someone here, but he's leaving Friday night. A couple phonecalls later, I don't have anyone to watch my two kids for that long.

Eli
08-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I got a gracious offer from someone here, but he's leaving Friday night. A couple phonecalls later, I don't have anyone to watch my two kids for that long.

I will pay for a babysitter for you. All you got to do is find one Please go! We need your vote.

Lord Xar
08-09-2007, 05:34 PM
I am very nervous. very. I might just stay away from the news till late. I want him to do sooooooooo good, but those machines, the lame MSM and just people being cattle and not getting informed depresses me a bit.

hopefully the dvds, grassroots, mailings, phone calls, radio ads, and newspapers ads all helped ALOT! I hope.

Lord Xar
08-09-2007, 05:34 PM

take your kids with you!!! SHIT, lets ante up and pay for a sitter!

Shink
08-09-2007, 05:36 PM
3 months and 16 months....don't know who I could talk into watching them, especially since I already tried family.

DeadheadForPaul
08-09-2007, 05:39 PM
3 months and 16 months....don't know who I could talk into watching them, especially since I already tried family.

Oh wow, some youngins'

You should probably stay with them. There will be other opportunities :)