PDA

View Full Version : Precinct Captain

christagious
02-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Okay, I signed up for precinct captain and I was expecting an email to maybe tell me what to do next, and nothing... I watched a video on the campaign site but I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

Can somebody give me a few "first steps" as to what I'm supposed to do so that I can get help win Ohio?????

Scott Wilson
02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Literature drops then phone banking voter preference identification then door to door canvassing.

Change
02-07-2008, 11:24 PM
This might be done already but email

Mike McHugh
National Ballot Access Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee
Mike.McHugh@ronpaul2008.com

J Free
02-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Okay, I signed up for precinct captain and I was expecting an email to maybe tell me what to do next, and nothing... I watched a video on the campaign site but I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

Can somebody give me a few "first steps" as to what I'm supposed to do so that I can get help win Ohio?????

1. Print out the voter list and read it to understand it.
2. Order some slimjims or pick them up at an RP office listed on the site (or I've got some extra "generic conservative" ones if you send me a pm with your info)
3. Start calling people and running through the phone script.

4. Most people will be undecided or not home. Pencil out and ignore those who support McCain or Huck. Highlight any RP supporters and meet with them to recruit their help.

5. Drop off slimjims to the undecided -- my method requires a hole punch and rubberbands (loop the rubberband through the hole so you can hang it on their doorknob. This part can be boring and time-consuming - but if you wrangle a kid into helping, they love it.

Once you start, you'll find that you "get it". The key is to just dive in - and learn as you go along. Fear paralyzes us and makes us think the task is bigger than we think.

ron_paul-bot_12413
02-21-2008, 08:24 PM
You should Have been given a precinct if you signed up. You must choose one to complete the process. You get a list of voters in your precinct. You can call or canvass or both. It's up to you. Are you involved in a meetup group? Our meetup provides info about the local scene from people who have been involved for many years. The tricks of the trade. Anyhow, sign in and look to your right. There should be some options for you to choose from. You can get lists or maps form google maps which your precinct captain page links to, Go check it out.