PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern Distances himself from Ron Paul?

jkaufmann
02-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Got email from friend. Anyone confirm this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu 2/7/2008 7:22 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Howard Stern distances himself from Ron Paul

Howard Stern said on his show today he disputed a New York Times story claiming he was endorsing Paul. He has brought him up many times, and says he agrees with him - but it looks like going all the way is too scary in the New York media market…

BEWARE THE “PAULIES”
Howard stopped the show to clear something up, once and for all. Yesterday’s New York Times claimed Howard had endorsed Ron Paul, which is COMPLETELY FALSE. Howard explained that he mentioned on the air a few weeks ago that he agreed with some of the things Ron Paul said BUT he's NOT backing his bid for the presidency. Howard then complained about the aggressive tactics of Ron's supporters, the “Paulies” - though he appreciated their dedication – and repeated his support for Hillary Clinton.

ScotTX
02-07-2008, 10:11 PM
F You, Howard!

jglapski
02-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I can confirm this, or at least the gist of it. Howard was generally complimentary of Paul and his fans, although Robin wasn't. Howard expressed that he supported Hillary, and in the past mentioned that he supported Giuliani on the GOP side.

homah
02-07-2008, 10:13 PM
meh, he is entitled to his opinion and should clarify it if the papers say something that is untrue.

Jae0
02-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Wouldnt surprise me.

People, jsut because someone likes Paul doesnt mean they endorse him. Leave them alone.

HollyforRP
02-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Probably was told he would lose his job if it happened again.

robert4rp08
02-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Clinton? WTF?

Jae0
02-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Clinton? WTF?

*shrugs* Honestly..... thats about what i'd expect.

Ex Post Facto
02-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Endorsements are over rated. It is enough to me that at least Howard agrees with Ron Paul on the issues. He doesn't have to endorse him.

Jae0
02-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Endorsements are over rated. It is enough to me that at least Howard agrees with Ron Paul on the issues. He doesn't have to endorse him.

I dont pay attention to who endorses anyone. I dont care. I pick who I vote for and what everyone else thnks means nothing.

homah
02-07-2008, 10:19 PM

yep, and to tell you the truth, if i were him and suddenly got thousands of emails from over the top ron paul fans, i'd want to distance myself too. flame away.

phill4paul
02-07-2008, 10:20 PM
whotf is Howard Stern? meh

Jae0
02-07-2008, 10:21 PM
yep, and to tell you the truth, if i were him and suddenly got thousands of emails from over the top ron paul fans, i'd want to distance myself too. flame away.

Yeah supporters can be a little over zealous and end up hurting more than helping.

RPinUptownChi
02-07-2008, 10:21 PM
--

MJfromCT
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Paul and Clinton share so many political beliefs, it makes sense that a self described libertarian would support Hillary. Stern is the same person who has been fined more times and for more money by the FCC than any other radio personality in history, right? This country is %ucked

the_oco
02-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Probably was told he would lose his job if it happened again.

Apparently you know nothing of Howard Stern, the man who the FCC couldn't control, let alone his old bosses.Now with Sirius he has his own little empire. That and you don't fire a guy who you have a $400 million contract with. This was just another example of some supporters making mountains out of molehills. He said he liked what Ron had to say, nothing more really, and then the next day tons of videos popped up saying he endorses Ron Paul. Kind of sad when people start thinking everything is a conspiracy isn't it Holly?

homah
02-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Apparently you know nothing of Howard Stern, the man who the FCC couldn't control, let alone his old bosses.Now with Sirius he has his own little empire. That and you don't fire a guy who you have a $400 million contract with. This was just another example of some supporters making mountains out of molehills. He said he liked what Ron had to say, nothing more really, and then the next day tons of videos popped up saying he endorses Ron Paul. Kind of sad when people start thinking everything is a conspiracy isn't it Holly?

winner winner chicken dinner, err +1