PDA

View Full Version : Should RP offer Romney a VP spot to get his delegates now???

nyrgoal99
02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Thoughts, we could use all those delegates!!

Scott Wilson
02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
very funny

Johncjackson
02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Sure, why not.

Quick
02-07-2008, 10:08 PM
What is with the sudden surge of poorly thought out ideas? I mean, come on.

Maybe it's the same people who come here saying "PersonA endorses Ron Paul!!" when that person only said his name once.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-07-2008, 10:08 PM
If you saw Romney blowing smoke up McCain's ass when he quit, you would know Mccain made him some kind of promise, or the party did.

christagious
02-07-2008, 10:09 PM
So that somebody can put to use the line of succession??

NO THANKS

Scaryclouds
02-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Yea... That's not going to happen. That would require Ron Paul to lower his standards and Romney to put principles above politics.

Suzu
02-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Anything (within reason) to get RP into office.

NEPA_Revolution
02-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Paul needs $$$$$ and Delagates

Romney has $$$$$ + Delegates

Money + Delagates > McClinton Media More Sunshine

I honestly wouldnt mind, and what is the worst that can happen. RP wont go to the dark side.

phill4paul
02-07-2008, 10:12 PM
For the 4gigzillionth time WTF?
It is Paul. Period. Romney does not share our faith in the constitution. He would rather consult lawyers. We do not advance our beliefs by brokering.
If we win, we win on our terms. If we lose then we change politics.
Period. There is no compromise. If we do we are no better than McCain.
Dr. Paul will choose his V.P. I have a feeling he will choose a Ron Paul Republican!

nick4rp
02-07-2008, 10:17 PM
If you saw Romney blowing smoke up McCain's ass when he quit, you would know Mccain made him some kind of promise, or the party did.

I betcha in a few weeks, Romney will get the VP offer.

Did anyone hear Romney speak today about "conservatism" and "family values". Its all the crap that stupid conservative voters want to hear and McCain will "moderate" his liberalism via Romney's "conservatism" and "neo-conservatism-tough talk".

Huckabee will be offered the Tony Snow job of talking BS to the media. Guliani will be taking the Rumsfeld job. From the twin towers to the Pentagon...

Think about it. "Suspending" your run so you keep your delegates and then you give it to the man coronated the spot.

One thing McClinton won't do that Bush do is land a plane on the USS Abraham Lincoln...
:eek::eek: he may blow it up...

If Ron Paul were to ever offer Romney the VP position, he may as well also ask for backpay on the Congressional Pension plan that he rejected...IOW, NO WAY.

"Principle over Ambition"....

notagain
02-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Guys-
He would never offer Mittens the VP spot. Our position is no where near Mittens or Mcains views on govt., taxes, liberties, etc.

Just Come Home
02-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I got a better idea!

Now hear me out... McCain has a LOT more delegates than Romney! Ron Paul should offer HIM the VP spot! What do you guys think1?!

I think this is a surefire strategy!

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I got a better idea!

Now hear me out... McCain has a LOT more delegates than Romney! Ron Paul should offer HIM the VP spot! What do you guys think1?!

BRRILLIANT!!!

buffalokid777
02-07-2008, 10:51 PM
I got a better idea!

Put your hands up and step away from the bong...........

buffalokid777
02-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I betcha in a few weeks, Romney will get the VP offer.

Did anyone hear Romney speak today about "conservatism" and "family values". Its all the crap that stupid conservative voters want to hear and McCain will "moderate" his liberalism via Romney's "conservatism" and "neo-conservatism-tough talk".

Huckabee will be offered the Tony Snow job of talking BS to the media. Guliani will be taking the Rumsfeld job. From the twin towers to the Pentagon...

Think about it. "Suspending" your run so you keep your delegates and then you give it to the man coronated the spot.

One thing McClinton won't do that Bush do is land a plane on the USS Abraham Lincoln...
:eek::eek: he may blow it up...

If Ron Paul were to ever offer Romney the VP position, he may as well also ask for backpay on the Congressional Pension plan that he rejected...IOW, NO WAY.

"Principle over Ambition"....

You have it backwards.

The Huckster will be offered the VP for McWar as he has an In with all the Christian Conservatives McWar has alienated over the past bunch of years.

Romney dropping out is not based on a VP offer but rather a promise of GOP infrastructure support in 2012 after McWar/Huckster 2008 loses to Shillary/Obama Bin Laden in the general election this year.

nick4rp
02-08-2008, 01:04 AM
You have it backwards.

The Huckster will be offered the VP for McWar as he has an In with all the Christian Conservatives McWar has alienated over the past bunch of years.

Romney dropping out is not based on a VP offer but rather a promise of GOP infrastructure support in 2012 after McWar/Huckster 2008 loses to Shillary/Obama Bin Laden in the general election this year.

If McClinton wants to lose, yes, make Huckster the VP. Romney has more delegates and doesn't make sense he's "suddenly" dropping out now. Plus, McClinton has a disdain for conservative Christians. Note 2000 and how he put down Falwell and the Christian conservatives.

Hucksters fiscal liberalism + open tuition borders policy will kill McClinton's "conservative" vote, that's why I think Romney cut some back deal...just listen to his speech at CPAC today. If he said these very things Monday, then we wouldn't be talking about Romney today. Don't you find it ODD that Romney came out "swinging" for the "social-conservative" vote today...the DAY AFTER. He's got nothing to lose and only to gain for McClinton in the stupid vote.

Every "conservative" I've tried to convice towards Ron Paul ended up voting for Romney because they didn't have the guts to vote their conscience and the BS that Romney was "more conservative" than McClinton or the Huckster.

Doesn't matter, because Bob Dole 2008 cannot beat the Hillary war machine.