PDA

View Full Version : Am I correct on how these state delegates work???

nyrgoal99
02-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Under my understanding, the voting in each state means almost nothing. What matters is the delegates that go to the state convention. If RP has the most delegates at the state convention, he is going to get the most delegates no matter what Fox or CNN is reporting? I also believe in my state of NJ, if somehow RP got the most delegates to the NJ convention, he could win all of the delegates.

After these delegates are decided, they must vote the way they are selected in the 1st round of the GOP convention. After that, they once again can go vote for anyone they want.

IS THIS TRUE, or am I wrong?

TXcarlosTX
02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
check your state rules. but sounds right. here in Texas we are forced to for the majority vote candidate first. then after that we are FREE!!!

nyrgoal99
02-07-2008, 10:01 PM
check your state rules. but sounds right. here in Texas we are forced to for the majority vote candidate first. then after that we are FREE!!!

In the state convention, or national?

seapilot
02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
That is true for states that pick national delegates through thier unbound state delegates. Some states like florida the delegates are bound to the winner. What happened in West Virgina where RP ended up with 3 delegates even after he was eliminated in the first round of voting. By the RP delegates siding with Huckabee delegates they got national delegates where as Romney , McCain got none.

TXcarlosTX
02-07-2008, 10:03 PM
In the state convention, or national?

national

JimInNY
02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
That's what this site is going to be for: http://newr3volution.com/

I need resident experts from each state to sign up and build us a step by step plan to take over the state, if not for this year, then next and beyond! This is a revolution, not just an election. :)