PDA

View Full Version : How will we push the message after the election?

polexi
02-07-2008, 09:54 PM
When the politics season cools down and the majority of Americans go back to living the sheep life, ignoring what is happening to our government..... how will we promote the message of freedom?

Sure, if this forum stays around (and I'm hoping it does so we can communicate and organize various events) we'll be able to support candidates running for Congress, Senate, etc. But we can't walk around with Ron Paul gear and canvass. Do we just wait until a candidate is running in our district? :(

We were all over-confident before New Hampshire, and we now know that taking part in money bombs, flooding straw polls, and placing signs outside our homes and stickers on our cars will not get the job done. Super Tuesday was the last straw for me; I'm getting off my ass and hitting the streets even after this election is over. That is why I'm asking.

Maybe someone should create a brand-able group that will represent the message, and we can continue to fund projects to spread the message (signs, stickers, blimp, nascar, etc). Just a thought.

What does everyone else think we should do?

Paulfan05
02-07-2008, 09:55 PM
we need a strong politcal website/organiztion.....kind of like moveon

polexi
02-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I was going to mention Moveon, good to see I'm not the only one thinking that!

4RP08inKCMO
02-07-2008, 09:57 PM
MoveConstitutiON

nate895
02-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Start the next campaign the day after RP is out (unless he wins the Presidency, I'm sure there will be no need to campaign at that point). Start saving $20 a month next month to give the campaign a big boost heading into the next year where they could setup organization.

See my Plan D (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=107756) thread.

billjarrett
02-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I'd personally like to see:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=112407

mixed with some:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111402

I'm still doing my homework, but a combination of those could be what we need to be doing.

Shinerxx
02-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Get involved with your local GOP and get ready for the 2010 national and state congressional races...perhaps make plans for your own candidacy?

polexi
02-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Start the next campaign the day after RP is out (unless he wins the Presidency, I'm sure there will be no need to campaign at that point). Start saving $20 a month next month to give the campaign a big boost heading into the next year where they could setup organization.

See my Plan D (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=107756) thread.

I really like that idea, but Ron is getting old. Rand Paul?:D

RickyJ
02-07-2008, 10:12 PM
DVDs for every house in America. We must let every American know about Ron Paul's message. We have 4 years to do it.

vroomery
02-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Theres no question that we need some kind of organization or community that will continue on after the campaign is done. It will be like our own little party within the republican party!

nate895
02-07-2008, 10:23 PM
I really like that idea, but Ron is getting old. Rand Paul?:D

Anyone, I'll go with them if I trust them. You could do it if you wanted to, I'll be your campaign manager.

dsentell
02-07-2008, 10:24 PM
A website is in place . . .

www.libertyforest.com

The way I understand it, this entire forum will be archived. AND there will be a new forum!

Check out the emblem on the top right corner of this page!!!!!!!

nate895
02-07-2008, 10:28 PM
bump

polexi
02-07-2008, 10:29 PM
A website is in place . . .

www.libertyforest.com

The way I understand it, this entire forum will be archived. AND there will be a new forum!

Check out the emblem on the top right corner of this page!!!!!!!

Thanks for pointing this out!:D

I'm guessing they'll import the members database, would hate to reregister.

nate895
02-07-2008, 10:38 PM
bump

FreeTraveler
02-07-2008, 10:40 PM
It's already a subset of the current forums. You can find it from the front page.

This thread discusses it:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34278

This is the LibertyForest forum list:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189

polexi
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the link FreeTraveler.

Also; Is there a website out there with some unbiased journalism? Politico is junk now. Someone needs to take over the web with REAL news.

nate895
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the link FreeTraveler.

Also; Is there a website out there with some unbiased journalism? Politico is junk now. Someone needs to take over the web with REAL news.

Near the bottom of the main page, we are trying to setup one.

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm working on preparing a project to get our message out with some friends nows. Stay tuned. ;)

polexi
02-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Near the bottom of the main page, we are trying to setup one.

There's 40+ links at the bottom of the main page. Which one? :)

polexi
02-07-2008, 10:59 PM
bump

Akus
02-07-2008, 11:02 PM
When the politics season cools down and the majority of Americans go back to living the sheep life, ignoring what is happening to our government..... how will we promote the message of freedom?

Sure, if this forum stays around (and I'm hoping it does so we can communicate and organize various events) we'll be able to support candidates running for Congress, Senate, etc. But we can't walk around with Ron Paul gear and canvass. Do we just wait until a candidate is running in our district? :(

We were all over-confident before New Hampshire, and we now know that taking part in money bombs, flooding straw polls, and placing signs outside our homes and stickers on our cars will not get the job done. Super Tuesday was the last straw for me; I'm getting off my ass and hitting the streets even after this election is over. That is why I'm asking.

Maybe someone should create a brand-able group that will represent the message, and we can continue to fund projects to spread the message (signs, stickers, blimp, nascar, etc). Just a thought.

What does everyone else think we should do?
How about we stay in the Republican party, the Liberty caucus part of it, and familiarize ourselves with the local politics?
How about finding out who represents your disctict and what is that Senator/Congressman currently doing?
How about just being locally active on the message of freedom. If, say, a local sheriff wants to put a recorder in everyone's house, so you neighborhood woud be safe, start something. Or knock on doors and tell peple about it. Or...

do you get my drift?

nate895
02-07-2008, 11:08 PM
There's 40+ links at the bottom of the main page. Which one? :)

The media campaign forum at the bottom.

tstorey
02-07-2008, 11:17 PM
We have the cause
We have the money
we have the people
We have Dr. Paul
We have all and any other politician who supports our cause
We have the track record for organization
We have the track record to raise the money
We can show up in numbers either on the net or in person
The people in power hate our stinking guts
The people in power are scared shi&%$ess of us
We are already bristling with PAC's and media experts
We are highly unpredictable
We are big time pissed off
It is already established in Washington DC who we are and what we can do
We are going to unseat a congressman or senator and once we do...we win
Why?
Because we will just email each congressman and senator that is up for reelection and tell them we will unseat them unless they vote as we instruct them to vote.
We are suing NH
We are suing LA
We are right
We are thinking about suing Alaska
We will simply kick the ever living spit out of everything we see fit to kick the ever living spit out of.
We have two dozen websites with millions of hits per month
We have a product that everyone wants(freedom)
Do you honestly think freedom is a tough sell?

A lobby is perfect because:

We don't have to get elected
We don't need any GD media coverage
We don't need that much money
When we have to back a candidate it will only be for a state campaign which means a far lower investment.
and?.......................we have already started.

I can pick up the phone and call my senator now.

"I am from the Ron Paul freedom PAC, I want to talk to senator dirtbag about his reelection campaign..."

"Senator Dirtbag speaking?"

"Senator, I have 2600 activists in your state and $2M in cash. We are planning on backing a candidate to run against you...I have your voting record here.....wow, this might not be pretty senator....why don't you just vote against HR1955 now and we can forget about the whole thing."

It's all about fear
It's all about job security
It's all about us

It's a screwed up system.......use it.

Michigan11
02-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Get involved with your local Republican Party.

Continue spreading the freedom message and recruit more members, grow your meetup.

Attend all local, Repbulican meetings and events, with your meetup members, and bring along your friends and even family, if you can.

Continue donating to all freedom candidates nationally that are running for congress.

Take over your local Republican Party, from within, with your meetup members you will out number the old party members.

Finally, you and your meetup members, get into all positions of power within your local Republican Party, become the chairman, speaker, treasurer, whatever, become a deleget, then we will own the party, and move on up the chain, and take over the state positions, and then the national positions.

What you will do, extend all networks, and grow them, obtain all positions of power by going under the radar so to speak, don't try and influence the old party members, just get along with them and take their power away.

FIGHT for FREEEEEEEEEDOM! Liberty or Death.

JimInNY
02-07-2008, 11:49 PM
we need a strong politcal website/organiztion.....kind of like moveon

The New R3volution (http://newr3volution.com/)

SilentBull
02-07-2008, 11:54 PM
We need to start handing out pamphlets about the federal reserve and all the other scams. It'll be a Truth Movement.

Rob
02-08-2008, 12:14 AM
I'd like to invite everyone to join the Republican Liberty Caucus. For more information, please see the sticky at the top of the forums. Essentially we're committed to changing the philosophy of the GOP to libertarianism. We also endorse candidates and have a PAC that donates to their campaigns. Unlike the organizations popping up in the wake of Ron Paul's bid, we're established and have a network in place. Naturally, we encourage everyone to engage themselves with their local GOP branch.