terryp
02-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Seems like it has been down all day?

mokkan88
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Nope. I got it. It's still up.

gracebkr
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
do you have embarq? I am on the phone now with them, another thread, if not threads on this, I know I started 2 because haven't been on for days now.

terryp
02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Yes I've got embarq.

Are they now restricting our access,
would not doubt it one bit.

tpreitzel
02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
No, it's running perfect in my neck of the woods.

gracebkr
02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Yes I've got embarq.

Are they now restricting our access,
would not doubt it one bit.

I don't know, but I saw on another thread that everyone had embarq that wasn't getting on. Me too, I have been off for a while. I am still on hold with these asses. Good thing I pushed yes for a survey. I am going to bitch my ass off. :D

derdy
02-07-2008, 10:07 PM

Put that IP address in your address bar for a temporary workaround

faisal
02-07-2008, 10:11 PM
type this into your address bar:

phill4paul
02-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't know, but I saw on another thread that everyone had embarq that wasn't getting on. Me too, I have been off for a while. I am still on hold with these asses. Good thing I pushed yes for a survey. I am going to bitch my ass off. :D

I started the other post. I think you got through because I could get through to rp2008. Thanks gracebkr. But the fact they brought it down will mean I and everyone should keep up.

And thanks derdy. For all the advise.

Charles at EMBARQ
02-11-2008, 08:39 AM
My name is Charles Fleckenstein, and I work for EMBARQ. I can assure you we are not limiting access to any Web site, including Mr. Paul’s. While EMBARQ customers in many parts of the U.S. may be having difficulty reaching the site, it is not because of any action on our part.

It seems that the Webmaster at www.RonPaul2008.com has changed the site’s NS records. Simply, when anyone types in a Web address to a browser, Internet servers around the world match it to a specific NS record (a series of numbers) to display that site. When the address — those numbers — change, there can be a period of time before all DNS servers around the world recognize the new information. The time to update varies by server, so the change in the routing can vary from almost immediately to several hours or even a day or more. Because EMBARQ customers have their traffic routed on our servers, any delay will affect many of you at the same time.

Our engineering group has contacted the Webmaster of the site directly to work with them to expedite access to the site. Again, let me stress that we are not limiting access to any Web site -- changes to NS records simply take time to be recognized.

I hope this answers any questions or concerns any of you may have. Cheers, Charles

opal
03-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I still have big issues with Embarq trying to get to the site.. using the IP I have gotten there and am not closing the window... except when I need to reboot due to page file usage.

josh24601
03-01-2008, 04:03 PM
My name is Charles Fleckenstein, and I work for EMBARQ. I can assure you we are not limiting access to any Web site, including Mr. Paul’s. While EMBARQ customers in many parts of the U.S. may be having difficulty reaching the site, it is not because of any action on our part.

It seems that the Webmaster at www.RonPaul2008.com has changed the site’s NS records. Simply, when anyone types in a Web address to a browser, Internet servers around the world match it to a specific NS record (a series of numbers) to display that site. When the address — those numbers — change, there can be a period of time before all DNS servers around the world recognize the new information. The time to update varies by server, so the change in the routing can vary from almost immediately to several hours or even a day or more. Because EMBARQ customers have their traffic routed on our servers, any delay will affect many of you at the same time.

Our engineering group has contacted the Webmaster of the site directly to work with them to expedite access to the site. Again, let me stress that we are not limiting access to any Web site -- changes to NS records simply take time to be recognized.

I hope this answers any questions or concerns any of you may have. Cheers, Charles

I bet you typed this from a black helicopter somewhere over the Bermuda Triangle.

wowabunga
03-01-2008, 04:19 PM
The helicopter flew over my house last night... and today I can't reach our 1 week old revolution website. From Missouri it's not available, but my friends in Maryland can reach it no problem. Any luck from where you sit ?

50 State Capitol - Constitutional March
http://www.arewestillfree.org

Our mission is to assemble all of the "tried and true" supporters of the US Constitution into a 2 day state rally focusing on our one and only goal... to educate and awaken our neighbors. The media won't do it, commercials won't do it, the long list of inactive members on the Ron Paul meetup group membership rolls won't do it either... we the awakened must carry the "torch of liberty" and awaken through tireless education all whom we meet and greet, sharing with them the light of this message.

The bulk of the site opens mid March. We have been planning a march to our State Capitol in Missouri since early this year. We can't set a date for this summer untill the national march is set.

Ringing The Alarm... Again..!
Ramblin Randy

JordanQ72
03-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I still have big issues with Embarq trying to get to the site.. using the IP I have gotten there and am not closing the window... except when I need to reboot due to page file usage.

Man, Embarq can just NOT learn to run their DNS servers correctly... :rolleyes:

I would recommend just changing your default DNS servers away from Embarq altogether. Who knows what else they're messing up.

https://www.opendns.com/start?device=windows-xp

The optional steps are of course, optional, and completely unnecessary to do. :)

Crickett
03-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the info..

JordanQ72
03-01-2008, 04:41 PM
The helicopter flew over my house last night... and today I can't reach our 1 week old revolution website. From Missouri it's not available, but my friends in Maryland can reach it no problem. Any luck from where you sit ?

Works fine for me, again, I'm guessing DNS issues.

IPSecure
03-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Man, Embarq can just NOT learn to run their DNS servers correctly... :rolleyes:

I would recommend just changing your default DNS servers away from Embarq altogether. Who knows what else they're messing up.

https://www.opendns.com/start?device=windows-xp

The optional steps are of course, optional, and completely unnecessary to do. :)

Good Call!

It should take them 10 seconds to change the DNS setting, which is nothing more than a simple text file that links the name with the number.

You can get around the problem by changing your own lookup table.
Edit in notepad: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts