PDA

View Full Version : What's the Strategy?

ronpaultag
02-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I remember hearing the strategy was supposed to be to make a surprise showing on Super Tuesday, but I didn't hear much about any ads being run. Was it because there wasn't enough fundraising support, or was it because the money was being saved until after the Super Tuesday drop outs?

Anyone have any thoughts on what the strategy is?

Feelgood
02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Read the link in my sig :rolleyes:

Scott Wilson
02-07-2008, 10:06 PM
The strategy is more of the same.

Precinct captains, donations, tv ads, radio ads, campaign speeches etc.

There is no super secret plan waiting to be revealed.

The plan is YOU. Get involved at the local level of government.

fedup100
02-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Here is THE strategy point by point..........

PLEASE READ THE EMAILS BELOW TO UNDERSTAND WHY WE CAN WIN. THE FOLLOWING LINK IS ALSO A GOOD READ. PLEASE GO TO YOUR CAUCUS AND BECOME A DELEGATE. Thanks for all you are doing to save our country!

The Strategy is Working... A Must Read...
http://ron-paul-campaign.blogspot.com/2008/02/super-tuesday-winner.html
----- Original Message -----
Becoming a delegate takes less time than it does to read the following:

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN WIN THE NOMINATION AND STOP LISTENING TO THE MSM FOR YOUR INFO!
Posted February 6th, 2008 by SGP

I hope someone will put this on the front page so it doesn't get lost.

The MSM is not reporting how to become the nominee in a situation like this so i will tell you to stop gettin g your info from the MSM.

I know many of you are bummed about yesterday BUT THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE ELECTION SYSTEM WORKS : Let me explain to you the reality of how to become the nominee.

First stop looking at who wins each states popular vote for most of these states the vote by the people is really nothing but a straw poll and have no real bearing on who will become the nominee. The only way this matters i s if 1 person receives 1192 delegates that are bound by state rules to be commited to that candidate. So if a candiate like Mccain has 600 delegates now and he doesn't reach 1192 most of the delegates the state awarded him mean nothing and keep in mind in most of the states most of the people that represent the 600 for Mccain are actually Ron Paul supporters. NOW there is no possible way that anyone in the race can achieve this goal now because of the major split in state wins by the candidates.

So what happens now you ask? You look at the number of delegates that Dr. Paul has that are uncommited to the other candidates and will support him. these delegates are not decided by the popular vote ie: straw poll of the people. Since no one will have enough delegates to skate them through to the nomination we now must look at how many delegates NOT VOTES but delegates Dr. Paul has that are 100% uncommited to the other candidates and will be 100% for Dr. Paul and are free to vote for whom they wish.

This race will go all the way to the convention for there is no other way for someone to receive the nomintaion untill the convention.

The RNC will convene its annual Winter Meeting - and voters will continue to cast their ballots in the nation's primaries and caucuses. Candidates for delegate and alternate delegate to the convention will be elected - and thousands of convention participants and guests will begin planning their trips to Minneapolis-Saint Paul The first week in September 2008

SO WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN?

This means that all of the people that registered to become a deligate for Dr. Paul can go to the convention and cast thier vote for Dr. Paul, now think about what i just said : Do you think for one second that all the people that voted for Dr. Paul and filed to become a deligate will not show up at the convention to vote for the good Doctor? Of course they will just like they battled the rain and the sleet and the 15 below zero winter weather to knock on doors and wave signs spreading our message.

Now i assure you that even though we didn't win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes they won the straw poll and we won what counts which is delegates.

Doesn't Dr. Paul need to WIN 5 states to be on the ballot at the convention for the nomination?

NO THIS IS NOT TRUE for people were just confused on how it actually works.

We only need the majority of delegates from 5 states to be put on the ballot NOT THE POPULAR VOTE OF 5 STATES and i assure you we have picked up the majority of uncommitted delegates for Dr. Paul in more than 5 states.

Do any of you remember seeing posts by myself and many others that said BECOME A DELEGATE? There is still time in most states to become a delegate for the convention and we are picking up more of them every day.

So please STOP you worry too much because you do not understand how the election system works and you thought we lost didn't you?

The fact is Dr. Paul is a genius in his strategy and we are further ahead in delegates than you think and we can win the nomination.

I hope this gives a better understanding of how we have been winning even though most of you thought we were not.

NOW LET'S KEEP WORKING!

Dr. Steve Parent

--
This message was sent by Stuart Grant (boulder@dccnet.com) from The Bellingham Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group.
To learn more about Stuart Grant, visit his/her member profile

jsu718
02-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Same as it always has been... win. Grassroots support first, followed by support through information, followed by donations, followed by registering Republican for closed caucuses and registering as delegates, followed by caucuses that decide delegates, followed by county delegates, state delegates, then national delegates... and then the convention.

jsu718
02-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Speaking of which... is there anywhere that has an actual tally of the current delegate counts as far as committed, uncommitted, andso forth? I ignore the news outlets because they assume results that haven't happened yet. I know we have like 42, but I have no idea about the others. Just me pondering now that Romney's delegates are up for grabs.

MN Patriot
02-08-2008, 07:36 AM
This strategy makes some sense. Once the delegates are picked, you are able to target them to support Ron as the only true conservative. Much easier than trying to convince millions of average voters.

But on the other hand, what if most of the delegates are so determined to support McCain that they can't be persuaded to switch to Ron? This is where the Ron Paul revolution will fail. Instead of taking the message to the American people, the message is taken to a couple thousand party insider delegates who have been rejecting it for decades.

I understand this approach if the goal was to simply get Ron elected as president. And I think it would still be a long shot. But I don't see how this will keep the revolution going. Put all our efforts into one man for one race that may never get past September. Great expectations don't necessarily translate into great results.

The best strategy would be to keep going as a Republican until most of the primaries and caucuses are through. Keep the people in the grassroots busy spreading the word. Learn what works well, how the best results were achieved. Keep attracting new supporters. Try to stay in the limelight as far as the media will let you. Make them wonder why Ron Paul is still in the race when it is just down to John McCain and Ron Paul (assuming Huckabee withdraws soon).

Then sometime in April declare that Ron is running as a Libertarian. Convince all the supporters to join him in the Libertarian Party. Get thousands of Ron Paul Libertarians running for Congress and state legislatures and governors. Make it a TRUE revolution, with tens of thousands of Ron Paul supporters canvassing their precincts for Ron and their local LP candidates.

Putting all our effort for one man into one office won't build the revolution. It will only fizzle out in September when he fails to get the nomination. The Republican party is history, time to create a new party supporting the principles of freedom.

traitorist
02-08-2008, 08:01 AM
considering that many in America now believe he has dropped out, i don't think there is, or WAS any strategy.

coboman
02-08-2008, 08:23 AM
considering that many in America now believe he has dropped out, i don't think there is, or WAS any strategy.
QFT.

The original strategy, and what they asked for 12 million, was to win Iowa and New Hampshire.

We gave them 20 million.

If they were planning to use those 20 million to lose both states, and win later, then they should have said so: "12 million to LOSE Iowa and NH. Donate now! (we will win later)"

Cinderella
02-08-2008, 08:33 AM
thank u for posting this....i tried to explain this to people at my job but theyre so far stuck up the asses of msm that they just dont get it......thank u

Redcard
02-08-2008, 08:38 AM
There's no strategy.

There never has been.

Haven't you noticed that this board has been one "Wait for X" after another? Where have we produced, really produced? I mean, everything we do ends in disappointment here, and then other people come in and say "Wait til you see this!" and everyone forgets the mistakes that were made.

People who bring up the fact that mistakes are made are just called trolls.. slammed.. treated like crap.

No, this thing is over. It passed us a long time ago. We were too busy getting high off of pipe dreams and calling people trolls to get anything done.

Ron Paul's not going to win the republican nomination. NOT GOING TO. I've called every point of this race nearly perfectly, while people here have labeled me a troll and continued to make grandiose predictions.

He MUST go third party.

coboman
02-08-2008, 08:44 AM
This strategy makes some sense. Once the delegates are picked, you are able to target them to support Ron as the only true conservative. Much easier than trying to convince millions of average voters.
That sounds like fraud to me.

"Convincing" delegates to change their vote? If this is really possible and people let that happen, this could set a very dangerous precedent for fraud.
People can be bought. If all it takes is to bribe 2000 people to do something different of what they vowed to do, then the Diebold machines would be the strongest link in the election process.

I don't think the delegates will change their vote, nor that they should.

McCain delegates will vote for McCain. Romney delegates will vote for McCain, because that is the candidate that he chose to support.

Delegates represent the people that voted. They cannot "change their mind" at will.

Carole
02-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Nearly everywhere you will see messages asking for delegates. That is the strategy..

Why are people asking about strategy? Please just canvas and inform voters and help locally advertise. Do all the simple things in your area that need to be done, things all of us have been told about over and over.

There have been plenty of ideas and plenty of materials are available to help us.

The time for "ideating" is over; the time for action is long past due. Be a person of action.

Reach out to the senior crowd---who always VOTE.
Reach out to the over forty crowd who nearly always vote.. Read the results of the exit polls that show a direct path to these voters as the most influential on election day because they show up and vote.

Here is your chance to be James Bond. Be a mole or stealth undercover delegate.
:D:D

Please read this thread:

Is an endorsement from Bush really a great endorsement to anyone with half a brain or more?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114622

mahopaul
02-08-2008, 09:29 AM
"He MUST go third party."

Bullshit, that would NEVER work. I've been trying to tell everyone, with Romney dropping out, we are now the CLEAR frontrunner. I mean, we have 42 delegates. FORTY-TWO!

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Speaking of which... is there anywhere that has an actual tally of the current delegate counts as far as committed, uncommitted, andso forth? I ignore the news outlets because they assume results that haven't happened yet. I know we have like 42, but I have no idea about the others. Just me pondering now that Romney's delegates are up for grabs.

Many delegates are our delegates. Most delegates are conservative to the core and smarter than your average voter. They will be required to vote to reflect the primary caucus or straw poll for a couple rounds or whatever, then the negotiations begin. That's what they call a "brokered convention"--one in which the first, bound round doesn't declare a winner. Unless McCain wins something like a third of the states and territories still up for grabs, we do have a brokered convention coming.

We need it! The strategy right now is prevent McCain from getting that first round vote. McCain's record on gun control sucks. Use it! Any vote against McCain is a vote for a brokered convention! McCain sucks. Beat him like a drum!

ike
02-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Where have we produced, really produced?

In precincts with precinct captains. Not to mention Nevada, Louisiana and Maine. Go canvass. Talk to delegates:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1217523

"Convincing" delegates to change their vote?

Romney delegates need someone to vote for, get them:

I mean, we have 42 delegates. FORTY-TWO!

How many did Romney have? Who are they going to vote for now? Talk to them. Get them:

ike
02-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Many delegates are our delegates. Most delegates are conservative to the core and smarter than your average voter. They will be required to vote to reflect the primary caucus or straw poll for a couple rounds or whatever, then the negotiations begin.

Romney has won several states. With his campaign suspended, his delegates have to have someone else to vote for. Get them:

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:43 AM
There's no strategy.

There never has been.

Haven't you noticed that this board has been one "Wait for X" after another? Where have we produced, really produced? I mean, everything we do ends in disappointment here, and then other people come in and say "Wait til you see this!" and everyone forgets the mistakes that were made.

People who bring up the fact that mistakes are made are just called trolls.. slammed.. treated like crap.

No, this thing is over. It passed us a long time ago. We were too busy getting high off of pipe dreams and calling people trolls to get anything done.

Ron Paul's not going to win the republican nomination. NOT GOING TO. I've called every point of this race nearly perfectly, while people here have labeled me a troll and continued to make grandiose predictions.

He MUST go third party.

http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

He can't go third party AND hold his seat in Congress.

You know, I understand the need to vent but when you are done, can you people at least TRY to come up with something productive to help with this rEVOLution?! The constant naysaying doesn't produce any positive results. We need to brainstorm and think positively about this. Our country is at stake. Yes, we'll lose battles, but the war isn't over yet.

I wonder how Washington felt losing battle after battle. Maybe it would help if you naysayers read some inspiring stories about the FIRST revolution?

Redcard
02-08-2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

He can't go third party AND hold his seat in Congress.

You know, I understand the need to vent but when you are done, can you people at least TRY to come up with something productive to help with this rEVOLution?! The constant naysaying doesn't produce any positive results. We need to brainstorm and think positively about this. Our country is at stake. Yes, we'll lose battles, but the war isn't over yet.

I wonder how Washington felt losing battle after battle. Maybe it would help if you naysayers read some inspiring stories about the FIRST revolution?

Then it comes down to this.

Presidential Run or Congressional Run.

That's it. That's the decision.

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I remember hearing the strategy was supposed to be to make a surprise showing on Super Tuesday, but I didn't hear much about any ads being run. Was it because there wasn't enough fundraising support, or was it because the money was being saved until after the Super Tuesday drop outs?

Anyone have any thoughts on what the strategy is?

Well if you want an honest answer and are willing to listen...

you are.

Find out why here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958).

RonPaulFTFW
02-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah i just dont think Ron's campaign is ready for the big time.

We should have spent every cent we had to win the first two states and get a 2nd or 3rd.

We didn't have time to get there though.

mahopaul
02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah i just dont think Ron's campaign is ready for the big time.

We should have spent every cent we had to win the first two states and get a 2nd or 3rd.

We didn't have time to get there though.

Relax, people. Ron is in this to win. His campaign has a Plan™.

Redcard
02-08-2008, 10:23 AM
The really sad thing is, when he announces his Third Party ambitions, everyone here will act like he's so brilliant and no one saw it coming. Then they'll talk about how brilliant it is.

The same people that said it'd never happen, it's a stupid idea, blah blah blah.. will talk about how Brilliant it is.

*sighs*

Must be nice to do no wrong ever.

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Then it comes down to this.

Presidential Run or Congressional Run.

That's it. That's the decision.

Says who? He can and will run for both offices as a republican. It's been done before.

Redcard
02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Says who? He can and will run for both offices as a republican. It's been done before.

Until he loses the nomination, yes.

Then what happens? Campaign is over.

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Until he loses the nomination, yes.

Then what happens? Campaign is over.

Redcard, thank you!
I needed something to energize me today.
You and your posts have done pissed me
off to no end.

I'm ready to kick some serious neo-con ass.

Thank you,

Hunter

p.s. Your limited view on what is possible has
you really hating EVERYTHING, doesn't it? I for
one will use it as an energy to propel the revolution.

MN Patriot
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
The really sad thing is, when he announces his Third Party ambitions, everyone here will act like he's so brilliant and no one saw it coming. Then they'll talk about how brilliant it is.

The same people that said it'd never happen, it's a stupid idea, blah blah blah.. will talk about how Brilliant it is.

*sighs*

Must be nice to do no wrong ever.

I certainly hopes he runs as a Libertarian. The Republican Party is hopeless, everyone admits it. Let it collapse. The Libertarian Party needs to replace the Republican Party so that Americans have a true choice between liberty and slavery.

tank
02-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Until he loses the nomination, yes. Then what happens? Campaign is over.

So then the campaign is over. So what's your point? He loses the 3rd party nomination and guess what? Campaign is over. He wins any nomination but loses the election, guess what? Campaign is over.

In every election, someone has to lose. If he loses now, then so be it. If he runs 3rd party, there is no reason for anyone to believe nor disbelieve he could or would win besides our own faith. We cannot predict the future. Yes, his strategy is a long shot, and if it works, it will be brilliant. And if it doesn't, it will still be brilliant because in my mind, the odds were strongly against him anyway, regardless of what party he was with. It's amazing he has gotten this far without the media exposure.

His movement is speaking of dramatic change -- and that takes time for people to understand and get used to. However, the great thing is that soooo many young people are now aware -- myself included, and now it's up to us to carry it forward to the next election. But we must finish this fight for now and see what happens.

You need to just let others continue their fight without being a distraction, because you are being a distraction. Many of us are not for or against a 3rd party run -- we are simply doing our part and until he says otherwise, it's not in the cards, and you should learn to deal with it. And if you can't, then as much as I hate to lose a supporter, I will gladly say "There's the door!"