PDA

View Full Version : **Statement from Donald Luskin to Ron Paul Supporters**

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I asked Don over email if I could pass along a message from him to the grassroots, because many of us were confused by his move.

Here is Luskin's official statement to Paul supporters, which he just sent me a few minutes ago:

I’ve had a great experience with the Paul campaign, and I have nothing but respect and admiration for everyone on the team.

I’ve made the personal decision that the time is right to help the cause of liberty and economic growth in a slightly different way now. Remember – it’s about a set of ideas, not about one man.

My hope is to move McCain in the direction of Dr. Paul’s policies.

Donald L. Luskin

I think there is more to this situation than meets the eye. Ron himself might have supported this and might be pleased to have Luskin moving into McCain's inner circle. Lord knows McCain needs the advice!

freelance
02-07-2008, 09:18 PM

Signed,

Don Quixote

HollyforRP
Sounds like a traitor! So basically he's going to pretty much help Mccain pretend to be Ron Paul but when he becomes president do the opposite.

Ron Paul has some campaign moles.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
Why would he make the move today? Why not after Ron dropped out?
He sounds like another weasel politician with summer soldier values.
I hope I'm wrong.

V4Vendetta
02-07-2008, 09:19 PM
What a Damn Hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!

"it’s about a set of ideas"

And McCain represents Ron Paul's Ideas? What a joke!

I am thinking he was a plant from the beginning, put on a show of support from Ron Paul to get on the inside and find out all the information he could about the plan's of the campaign.

TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCain is NOTHING like Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING

tamor
02-07-2008, 09:21 PM
It's called politics -- it he is going to be in a position to persuade McWar (good luck to him!) he has to be close to him ( I know I am laughing, too) but that is the game

HollyforRP
I'm still curious as to who's idea was it to put up the precinct captain on Ron's website so that anyone could sign up and get names of people voting for Ron Paul and addresses.

Those names are not supposed to be easy to obtain!

So who's bright idea was this?

mahopaul
Can you spell SLEPPER?

Shinerxx
Read Ron Paul's book...our economic problems at tightly knit to our current foreign policy. Don Luskin on the McCain team is pretty much pointless because McCain would have to change his foreign policy to fix the economy. Sorry John and Don your duo is doomed for failure.

christagious
02-07-2008, 09:22 PM
What's his name again???

Oh yeah, I remember

BENEDICT ARNOLD

BENEDICT ARNOLD!!!!

BENEDICT ARNOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nc4rp
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
thats like moving a sumo wrestler into a full lotus position....

Don is and always was one of THEM, the Paul stint was a fascade to insinuate migrating support from Paul to Mcain, which we all know is retarded.

NMCB3
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
That answer doesn`t satisfy me.....Fuck him.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-07-2008, 09:24 PM

NOTHING

I think that's the point! He's going to try to move McCain toward Ron's ideas on the economy.

People are too quick to jump conclusions around here. One day, Bill Maher is a hero, the next, you're sending him nasty emails. Maybe there are things about this situation we don't know. Why is everyone so quick to condemn other people as "traitors" or whatever, when you might not even understand the whole situation?

Sometimes I think this board is populated by 14 year olds.

sidster
02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Can you spell SLEPPER?

I'll try: Sleeper

How'd I do?

nc4rp
02-07-2008, 09:25 PM

i agree. may i quote you.

derdy
I'm still curious as to who's idea was it to put up the precinct captain on Ron's website so that anyone could sign up and get names of people voting for Ron Paul and addresses.

I know the Huckleberries were using it because they were doing the non-advocacy calls in my area which, by the way, was the crappiest idea ever ahahahahah.

At our call center, we had a new Ron Paul supporter come in and try that and he got hung up on 10 times in a row! lol

Whoever came up with the non-advocacy script needs to be flogged.

affa
Signed,

Don Quixote

I don't think Don Quixote is who you think he is.

sidster
02-07-2008, 09:26 PM
I think that's the point! He's going to try to move McCain toward Ron's ideas on the economy.

People are too quick to jump conclusions around here. One day, Bill Maher is a hero, the next, you're sending him nasty emails. Maybe there are things about this situation we don't know. Why is everyone so quick to condemn other people as "traitors" or whatever, when you might not even understand the whole situation?

Yea... I too sometimes can't decide whether this board is populated
by either moles or utter simpletons.

christagious
02-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Can you give a good reason then? You really think McCain is going to change his ideals? No way, and if he does it'll only last until he's elected so he can change it back to the way he was before.

FireofLiberty
I’ve had a great experience with the Paul campaign, and I have nothing but respect and admiration for everyone on the team.

I’ve made the personal decision that the time is right to help the cause of liberty and economic growth in a slightly different way now. Remember – it’s about a set of ideas, not about one man.

Signed,

Judas

PC_for_Paul
Dear Ron Paul supporters, I thought I was on a winning ticket, after super tuesday I found this not to be the case. I had to go with McCain for Resume reasons, I hope you understand I have principals and they have a price.

So did he Lie on Fox? or is he lying now? or both?

freelance
I'll try: Sleeper

How'd I do?

You must have either gone to private school or been homeschooled.

Chernitsky
proof?

Time for Change
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Can you spell SLEPPER?

Well...YOU obviously can't...lol :eek:

Just messin with you!

terryp
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
What a pussy. Would you hire this man?
His resolve, loyalty and dedication should serve
him well. This has got to be a big boost for his resume.
Maybe if Dr. Paul wins Luskin could get back on board.

I know politics is a dirty business, but you would think
Dr. Paul could find hired help that is a little more stable.

The name Luskin, in my book now means shit.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Can you give a good reason then? You really think McCain is going to change his ideals? No way, and if he does it'll only last until he's elected so he can change it back to the way he was before.

McCain doesn't HAVE ANY ideas on economics! That's the whole point. If Luskin can set McCain's monetary and economic policies, then that's a positive thing for our cause.

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
If nothing else, this move makes him look like a flake.

Alabama Supporter
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
You guys really have to chill. This is called politics. At least he may give McCain some good ideas if he does end up being president.

RP's advisors aren't exactly lighting a big fire under the campaign, so I don't see this as a big loss.

How many voters even know who Luskin is anyway?

GET A GRIP PEOPLE and don't be so damn evil.

BreakYourChains
Sorry, he is not going to work from within! He is in it for the money, that is all. Go read his resume and you will see. He was a spy, and probably did much more harm than any good. Do not believe his lies. He was a mole, and will not change anything.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
Two days ago Luskin was wiping the feet of Ron with words on national TV.

It's pretty clear McCain is trying to court us knowing we'll make or break him against Hillama.

I'll wait for a comment from Ron before I totally refuse to recognize Luskin's existence

sb10
Asking McCain to adopt Paul's principles is like asking a wolf to become a vegetarian. McCain has a history of deception. I think Luskin is in major denial.

Joe3113
02-07-2008, 09:32 PM
If he thinks he has any chance of convincing McCain, he has lost his mind. Remember, the economy is connected to everything else. You can't have sound money when you have troops in 130 countries, and McCain is too old and too sold out to change at his age.

He has either sold out or is completely stupid. I suspect the former.

jillian
getting involved in this campaign is one of the hardest things i have ever done. there's so much drama here it's unreal.

blimp
fox boycott
newsletters
vote fraud
billionaire
recount
no billionaire
MSM blackout
being left off the ballots

now this, you have got to be kidding me???!!!!

this crap just doesn't stop for this movement, huh??

MsDoodahs
I think Luskin does believe in the ideas.

Each of us has to do what we feel is best to advance the cause. If he's true to the cause, then he's no different than any of us on that score.

I think he is a serious person, so I don't believe he made this move without giving it a lot of thought.

I can't say if his primary concern related to the level of potential personal benefit, or if his primary concern is the advancement of the ideas.

Only Luskin knows the answer to that.

I prefer to think he remains a staunch supporter of Dr. Paul and is sincere when he says his goal is advancement of the ideas.

We'll all know soon enough, and if the label "traitor" fits when we do, I'll do what i can to spread that view of Luskin.

Until then, he gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

JMO, YMMV.

Mortikhi
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
My reply:
eat shit maggot.

jillian
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
and yes, this has alterior, slimy motives written ALL OVER IT!!!

Tomorrow morning insane mccain will be talking about sound money....mark my words!

FireofLiberty
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
How about a "screw you, Don" money bomb?

wowronpaul
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
if you're over 70 and have been in politics and don't know what is going on...then you just need to be out. so his plan is to 'teach' this guy. i'll rather go for someone who is self-taught and already knows his stuff.

adpierce
02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Suck it up..... name calling won't help. Luskin understands free market capitalism, McCain needs lessons in it. I'll be damned if Ron Paul's legacy following this election will be that his ideas went down in a blazing tumult of fire and all his followers whined and complained and blogged about how stupid this country is. They weren't ready for all the good stuff RP wanted to do, we live in a very passive age. Don't rock the boat is the motto for the average American when it comes to politics. They say they want change.... but not too much, because that would be risky. We Ron Paul supporters aren't afraid of risk. We took risks, put our money where our mouths were, and believed in liberty. There will be ripple effects from this, and maybe one of them is that influential and well known economists like Luskin will go on to influence the future of politics. If he's a proponent of liberty... the best of luck to him in his endeavors. God knows we need more liberty minded people in high places. So suck it up... we're not going to win the white house. I never thought our victory very probable, but that doesn't matter to me as much as the message that RP is sharing with people. So if you're still bitching and moaning shut the hell up and go somewhere else, your shit is getting so damn old that it smells worse than a grandma who can't bear to let go of her cat whose been dead for 15 years. Remember what we did here, that it was great, and keep pressing the message of liberty but whining makes liberty sound like only an idea that some pathetic emo kid who cuts himself likes.

Alabama Supporter
You people are crazy!

This campaign is about Freedom. Let the man do what he wants without being a jackass.

Bruce4Ron
The driving force behind Ron Paul's finance reform is to get the hell out of the world and back to our house where we can properly balance our check book. That is it. We are blowing money on all of these other people and we aren't even taking care of ourselves.

With that in mind, do you think Don Luskin is going to "paulinize" John McCain? Hell no he isn't because for Ron Paul's economic plan to work for McCain he would have to pull out of the world and start focusing on us. He won't do that and we know it!

Don Luskin made a personal move. He made a selfish move. He was motivated by self-interest and it is obvious in his response. Any person who jumps ship in the middle of a campaign like this is serving himself and himself only. If he was supporting Liberty he sure as hell wouldn't be joining McCain and every one of us knows that. His answer to us is bogus.

I don't buy it one bit and I'm an emotional spender !

wowronpaul
02-07-2008, 09:36 PM
oh yea and if he wanted to be schooled, he could just listen to RP

Cindy
I'd understand that ONLY if and after Paul dropped out.

Someone paid him to jump ship now.

affa
Two days ago Luskin was wiping the feet of Ron with words on national TV.

It's pretty clear McCain is trying to court us knowing we'll make or break him against Hillama.

I'll wait for a comment from Ron before I totally refuse to recognize Luskin's existence

Hey McCain -

You will never get our vote. Ever. You are a warmonger. You represent everything wrong with this country. At least Obama gives off the illusion of being a good guy - you give off an aura of hate and loathing.

Hey Luskin -

You want to make it up to us? Tell us you're still writing in Dr. Paul on national tv. Otherwise? Don't let the cash drawer hit you on the way out.

sidster
02-07-2008, 09:37 PM

Each of us has to do what we feel is best to advance the cause. If he's true to the cause, then he's no different than any of us on that score.

I think he is a serious person, so I don't believe he made this move without giving it a lot of thought.

I can't say if his primary concern related to the level of potential personal benefit, or if his primary concern is the advancement of the ideas.

I prefer to think he remains a staunch supporter of Dr. Paul and is sincere when he says his goal is advancement of the ideas.

We'll all know soon enough, and if the label "traitor" fits when we do, I'll do what i can to spread that view of Luskin.

JMO, YMMV.

Ideas like 100 years of intervention ... "my friend"?

jillian
02-07-2008, 09:39 PM
You people are crazy!

This campaign is about Freedom. Let the man do what he wants without being a jackass.

you are right about freedom. dr. Paul is also a man of high principles, honesty, and values. This dip shit said the other day he would write Ron Paul's name on the ballot...not only has he endorsed McCain, he left the doctor to do it.

where is the integrity and honesty in that? this campaign is about more than freedom. it's about doing the right thing.

Libertytree
02-07-2008, 09:40 PM
This explanation is simple.

Luskin went with the paycheck and whom he thought would be the winner, might even be a cabinet spot in it for him?

Good as speculation as any.

hrdman2luv
02-07-2008, 09:41 PM

Why would he want to endorse someone he has to change? Makes no sense to me.

affa
02-07-2008, 09:41 PM
You people are crazy!

And freedom also lets us tell him what we think of him.

Too many people use freedom like a shield and forget one important part - other people are free to respond, too.

alaric
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM

mccain will change his ideals when he tells the truth about his vietnam experience.....meaning never!

adpierce
02-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Hey Luskin -

You want to make it up to us? Tell us you're still writing in Dr. Paul on national tv. Otherwise? Don't let the cash drawer hit you on the way out.

I'm sorry not everybody is such a high and mighty Ron Paul purist like yourself. I guess any TRUE Ron Paul supporter wouldn't do anything but write RP in the general election. Nope, a real Ron Paul supporter will go to his grave before supporting a candidate who supports any issues on which Ron Paul differs. Jesus himself running for office probably couldn't get our vote. MLK Jr., he's just a poser. Ghandi, he's stick figuresque poser. Liberty could never move forward unless we write Ron Paul in and stick to our guns. We'll start the Ron Paul Party.... all Ron Paul all the time, can't vote for anybody else. Ron Paul will win our local elections... state elections and one day.... President ... even if he's long passed away.

jillian

Why would he want to endorse someone he has to change? Makes no sense to me.

when i read this i immediately thought of this saying:

you can take the girl outta the trailor park but you can't take the trailor park outta the girl.:rolleyes:

Alabama Supporter
And freedom also lets us tell him what we think of him.

Too many people use freedom like a shield and forget one important part - other people are free to respond, too.

You are severely hurting Ron Paul's image with the hateful crap that is being spewed.

VoteForRonPaul
02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
What a Damn Hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said thanks!

aravoth
02-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I asked Don over email if I could pass along a message from him to the grassroots, because many of us were confused by his move.

Here is Luskin's official statement to Paul supporters, which he just sent me a few minutes ago:

I think there is more to this situation than meets the eye. Ron himself might have supported this and might be pleased to have Luskin moving into McCain's inner circle. Lord knows McCain needs the advice!

Don Luskin can go fuck himself, I can't believe I used him in my videos, I hope he gets severe food poisoning and has diareahha for a year.

affa
02-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry not everybody is such a high and mighty Ron Paul purist like yourself. I guess any TRUE Ron Paul supporter wouldn't do anything but write RP in the general election. Nope, a real Ron Paul supporter will go to his grave before supporting a candidate who supports any issues on which Ron Paul differs. Jesus himself running for office probably couldn't get our vote. MLK Jr., he's just a poser. Ghandi, he's stick figuresque poser. Liberty could never move forward unless we write Ron Paul in and stick to our guns. We'll start the Ron Paul Party.... all Ron Paul all the time, can't vote for anybody else. Ron Paul will win our local elections... state elections and one day.... President ... even if he's long passed away.

Um, he swore on national television 2 days ago that he would write Ron Paul in no matter what.

Holding him to his word does not make me a purist.

gracebkr
02-07-2008, 09:49 PM
ok Benedict. This pisses me off cause I want to call him on his BS and I can't.

affa
02-07-2008, 09:50 PM
You are severely hurting Ron Paul's image with the hateful crap that is being spewed.

Bull. I have not spewed 'hateful crap' at Luskin.

Ryan_G
02-07-2008, 09:50 PM
See, there's absolutely no reason to freak out about this. If McCain is the nominee I think it is great that someone that agrees with Pauls ideas on economics is advising him.

QUIT BITCHING.

aravoth
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
See, there's absolutely no reason to freak out about this. If McCain is the nominee I think it is great that someone that agrees with Pauls ideas on economics is advising him.

QUIT BITCHING.

Still not voting for Mccain, i don't give a shit who advises his stupid sorry ass

adpierce

QUIT BITCHING.

whoa... somebody who knows what the hell he's talking about... welcome I hope to read more of your posts... may reason continue to guide your steps.

slantedview

QUIT BITCHING.

the problem is, do we trust him? i think the reaction here gives you the answer.

Seanmc30
02-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I know this sounds insane (but hey, Im a Ron Paul supporter)....but what if this is some kind of strategy? What if McCain & GOP realize that they won the nomination but there is no way in hell they will win the election?

What if their solution to that problem is a compromise between some of Ron Paul's economic policy as a VP and McCain as the front man? It would certainly "re-energize" the Republican race with an announcement such as this.

I know its out there, but right now I think the GOP knows they need a miracle to beat Hill-dog.

SWATH
So does this mean that McCain will suddenly start sounding like Ron Paul because he is ripping off all his ideas?

dblee
I'm sorry, but the man is a freaking traitor. I am never quick to jump to conclusions, but just TWO DAYS ago he said he would be with Ron Paul to the end and write him in if he had to. Nice to know endorsements are for sale.

affa
02-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I know this sounds insane (but hey, Im a Ron Paul supporter)....but what if this is some kind of strategy? What if McCain & GOP realize that they won the nomination but there is no way in hell they will win the election?

What if their solution to that problem is a compromise between some of Ron Paul's economic policy as a VP and McCain as the front man? It would certainly "re-energize" the Republican race with an announcement such as this.

I know its out there, but right now I think the GOP knows they need a miracle to beat Hill-dog.

McCain/Paul?

No. Never. Warmonger/Peacemonger.

ceakins
02-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I got a personal response from him also, Don the Douche Nozzle Luskin is a fucking liar.

aravoth
02-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Listen, Mccain tried to grant amnesty to 12 million people, who all of the sudden would have acces to every benefit we have. That would have bent us over economically. He tried to extend healthcare coverage to Mexican NATIONALS living in MEXICO, that don't even pay into the system. He voted against Tax Cuts. And thinks you can fight a war like this without having to borrow 3 billion dollars a day from foreigners.

Yeah he sure as shit needs an economic advisor doesn't he? The man is the most, stupid, arrogant fool on earth, and needs all the advice he can get.

This idiot will never get my vote, I don't care who advises him.

Ethek
02-07-2008, 09:59 PM
McCain needs help. He really is clueless. He talks about how 70% of the current budget will be entitlements at the end of the next presidents term. He has to know that if he signs on amnesty as everyone knows he would love, it would blow that commitment up to 100% or more just for entitlements. It would be an exponential curve for the financial burden of this country. McCain could care less.

Lets not forget about...

- the Trillion dollar/yr war.
- federal reserve flooding the market with devalued dollars
- trade agreements that bleed manufacturing jobs
- regulating net/media/speech in an information based economy.
- disregard for the Constitution

qh4dotcom
02-07-2008, 09:59 PM

QUIT BITCHING.

Problem is that there's no guarantee that McCain will listen and implement his economic advice.

And of course, it was useless for Luskin to switch as McCain has little chance of beating Hillary. Just wait until Hillary gets her hands on McCain.

sidster
02-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I guess it might be time to update his Wikipedia page (linky) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Luskin) since
he no longer is part of Ron Paul Presidential Campaign. eh?

EDIT:
Nevermind... someone is far quicker than I thought ;)

On January 22, 2008, Luskin endorsed Ron Paul for president.

On January 24, 2008, Luskin was appointed Economic Advisor to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign. In reference to Paul's economic revitalization plan, Luskin said "Ron Paul’s economic plan is the real thing – a plan. It’s not just a band-aid designed to ‘stimulate’ the economy in an election year. It’s a fundamental agenda for real and lasting change, making the US economy more vibrant and competitive, and removing barriers to advancement for all Americans.” [18] On February 7, 2008, Luskin step down from Paul's campaign and joined McCain after an undisclosed compensation package was offered.[19].

Can anyone confirm the last bit about the "undisclosed compensation package"?

adpierce
02-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Problem is that there's no guarantee that McCain will listen and implement his economic advice.

And of course, it was useless for Luskin to switch as McCain has little chance of beating Hillary. Just wait until Hillary gets her hands on McCain.

Of the three who can realistically win their parties tickets.... who do you think is the most conservative... it's McCain, it's a pathetic compromised sort of conservatism.... but it's McCain. If Luskin wants his advice to matter... of the three Hillary, Obama or McCain which do you think would be most likely to implement his advice... Oh shit I'm having a epiphany .... it's McCain

dblee
From this day forth, the name Luskin will forever be synonymous with traitor to the revolution.

Steve_New_Jersey
Its a known fact that John does not change for anyone. He doesnt take advice and he thinks he always knows whats best. We are talking about the #1 source of friction when we tried to recover POWs. This guy is not going to listen to anyone. One of our own crossing the road is going to do nothing. John will loose to a dem and we all know it. The very last thing we need is John making it any closer to that seat.

Ryan_G
whoa... somebody who knows what the hell he's talking about... welcome I hope to read more of your posts... may reason continue to guide your steps.

I just get tired of fanatical RP supporters submarining the campaign. I cringe when I hear a supporter get on talk radio, sometimes they are good but often they do way more harm than good.

I heard Jason Lewis chew out an RP supporter in Minnesota tonight, and Lewis was pretty much in the right. Sad.

I truly believe RPs message is the best for the country and any way it can influence the people in power is a good thing.

Seanmc30
02-07-2008, 10:05 PM

This is what concerns me.... why give up principles to help McCain simply attempt (which is all he will be doing) to get in the white house?

He just gave up his chance to represent any real Republican ever again...why would he make that choice? How much could McCain have offered him? How could McCain afford to pay him with anything but Cheeze Doodles?

revolutionary8
02-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I am not sure where you got this email?
And pardon me, but where is the verification that this is an email from Luskin?

Sorry for being such a skeptic, but you know how it goes. :p

Until I see some sort of verification from the campaign or some sort of proof that it was Luskin himself answering that email (which surprises me ttytt) then I will hold out on condemnation.
It surprises me that he would take time out of his busy day to answer you, unless of course you have some sort of clearance or are a part of the campaign/press. If you are, then please forgive me for being unaware.

Lois
02-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Luskin Stole Ron Paul's Economic Ideas and Is Giving Them to McCain, who is Ron Paul's Arch Enemy :mad::eek:

qh4dotcom
02-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Listen, Mccain tried to grant amnesty to 12 million people, who all of the sudden would have acces to every benefit we have. That would have bent us over economically. He tried to extend healthcare coverage to Mexican NATIONALS living in MEXICO, that don't even pay into the system. He voted against Tax Cuts. And thinks you can fight a war like this without having to borrow 3 billion dollars a day from foreigners.

Yeah he sure as shit needs an economic advisor doesn't he? The man is the most, stupid, arrogant fool on earth, and needs all the advice he can get.

This idiot will never get my vote, I don't care who advises him.

Don't worry it was useless for Luskin to switch as McCain has little chance of beating Hillary. Just wait until Hillary gets her hands on McCain. She is going to obliterate him.
And the MSM will make sure that Hillary's embarrasment of McCain will be heard by everyone.

Lois
02-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh, now I get it -- this post is from "MayTheRonBeWithYou". Haven't we had issues with him in the past???:eek:

ord33
02-07-2008, 10:30 PM

JMO, YMMV.

I agree for the most part. I believe Mr. Luskin would try to advance Dr. Paul's ideas and principles on the Economy to McCain. The problem is two-fold and both really McCain's fault. McCain already has so many different "advisors" I am afraid the message would be thinned out. With the great number of other economic advisors McCain has (you've heard him name drop) Luskin's message would be forgotten about in the shuffle. Number two, McCain will fail to ever see the economic strain having 700 bases and interventionism has on our economy and our dollar.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Don Luskin can go fuck himself, I can't believe I used him in my videos, I hope he gets severe food poisoning and has diareahha for a year.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess somehow you know EXACTLY what's going on? Amazing.

nyjohn
02-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Luskin is a real head scratcher

I've watched some of his videos and he seems to support Ron's positions, yet oddly he's a bull while Ron's a permabear like Peter Schiff.

revolutionary8
02-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh, now I get it -- this post is from "MayTheRonBeWithYou". Haven't we had issues with him in the past???:eek:
MayTheRonBeWithYou was right. :(
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115076&page=3
Yes, he has endorsed McPain.
I hope you understand MTRBWY...
I didn't want to believe it.

What a sad joke this all is. It is sad- I find myself hoping Luskin's family was threatened or something of that nature in order to be this unethical and immoral. :(

Off with his head.
Just joking!

:D

nodope0695
02-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Its called becoming a whore. What good can he do under a faschist neocon like McCain? Luskin is the Benidict Arnold of the RP Revolution. I'm sure McCain is paying him well.

revolutionary8
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM

I don't know what is going on within the campaign, but what I DO KNOW, is that John McPain is a warmonger, whoremongering NeoLiberal Socialist that is more sado masochistic than Charles Manson! He is in bed with the Bush/Clinton crime family and is a WANNABE POSER Bilderberg! In his dreams!
he is just scary.

frasu
02-07-2008, 10:54 PM

Donald L. Luskin

Lame...

ruggedindividualist
02-07-2008, 10:55 PM
There is no way McCain is interested in Ron Pauls economic ideas. He's CFR, he's big government tax and spend, globalist, warmongering, nuke slobbering, NAU..the worst of the worst. This looks like either a buy-off or a plant deliberately staging a bail on Ron Paul to make him look like he is nonviable. Either way Luskin has no credibility, no integrity, no loyalty. Good riddance. Reminds me of Ron Pauls other "big fan", Tucker Carlson, who proclaimed Ron "his man" then tried to sandbag him with hookers. I think saying Luskin "Tuckered" Ron Paul is about right. RP supporters need to take all such endorsements with a pound of salt.
Ron is for the little guys, he plans no looting for corps or interests so anyone joining his campaign has to be in it for the true love of liberty, for righteousness.
View it as a gift: we are getting a rare glimpse at the people behind the masks, the true characters behind the charismatic glib talkers and pretty faces in the media and in government. We are getting an education in the way the world really works.
Ron Paul is the miracle, that the man has stayed so true to his principles, has been kind to people like Romney who repaid the kindness by saying he deserved to be laughed at.
In defense of frustrated RP supporters who lash out, I can understand it. Unfortunately, they play into the hands of those who are frustrating them.

Shellshock1918
02-07-2008, 10:57 PM

traitor.

CJLauderdale4
02-07-2008, 10:59 PM
If McCain loses to RP, then what was the point of going over to McCain's campaign?
If Luskin is really a plant for Ron Paul (double-agent), then this was a great move!!

aravoth
02-07-2008, 11:02 PM

Oh yes, this is some part of a grand scheme by the great luskin to thwart the impending economic collapse.

revolutionary8
02-07-2008, 11:02 PM
There is no way McCain is interested in Ron Pauls economic ideas. He's CFR, he's big government tax and spend, globalist, warmongering, nuke slobbering, NAU..the worst of the worst. This looks like either a buy-off or a plant deliberately staging a bail on Ron Paul to make him look like he is nonviable. Either way Luskin has no credibility, no integrity, no loyalty. Good riddance. Reminds me of Ron Pauls other "big fan", Tucker Carlson, who proclaimed Ron "his man" then tried to sandbag him with hookers. I think saying Luskin "Tuckered" Ron Paul is about right. RP supporters need to take all such endorsements with a pound of salt.
Ron is for the little guys, he plans no looting for corps or interests so anyone joining his campaign has to be in it for the true love of liberty, for righteousness.
View it as a gift: we are getting a rare glimpse at the people behind the masks, the true characters behind the charismatic glib talkers and pretty faces in the media and in government. We are getting an education in the way the world really works.
Ron Paul is the miracle, that the man has stayed so true to his principles, has been kind to people like Romney who repaid the kindness by saying he deserved to be laughed at.
In defense of frustrated RP supporters who lash out, I can understand it. Unfortunately, they play into the hands of those who are frustrating them.

I would even bet he will be up for Bernanke's job. But I am of the cynical sort.
He and his family will get the "special" chip.
As long as he acts "free and happy"

edit- note Lil' Luskin's --> You better hope you don't have 'surly' kids who can think for themselves, they will screw you.

JimInNY
02-07-2008, 11:08 PM
I hope I'm wrong.

Cuz Ron Paul ISN'T dropping out. Silly!

Slugg
02-07-2008, 11:25 PM
If McCain loses to RP, then what was the point of going over to McCain's campaign?
If Luskin is really a plant for Ron Paul (double-agent), then this was a great move!!

I doubt this is true. I'm sure Don Luskin feels he can offer more practical help with McCain than with Paul. The problem is we (including myself) looked to Luskin as a leader, a beacon of 'hope', that even big players in the establishment are sympathetic to these ideas. And we were not completely wrong, he is sympathetic to these ideals; but he's no leader. He's a guy who understands economics...that's it. He's not a leader, player, or even politician.

On the upside, someone like Don Luskin was never referenced as an advisor before Ron Paul; but Ron made these ideas legitimate. Perhaps these are the types of changes we will be seeing first....

I too am bummed....I think Luskin has seriously let us down.

Sandra
02-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Maybe Dr Paul can further clarify this move. Either it's an attempt to provide an economic buffer should a McCain presidency materialize, a hostile move, or neither.

If it was the first one, is there a chance he could advise Clinton and Obama too? :D

revolutionary8
02-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Maybe Dr Paul can further clarify this move. Either it's an attempt to provide an economic buffer should a McCain presidency materialize, a hostile move, or neither.

If it was the first one, is there a chance he could advise Clinton and Obama too? :D

For sure, Luskin needs to be prodded with a pitchfork.
JMHO. J/K IMO.

edit,
why expect Ron Paul to "explain" the weakness of mankind?

ronpaulyourmom
02-07-2008, 11:29 PM
I can see that I'm in the minority when I say this but...

I respect Don Luskin's decision and I hope he finds a way to make a difference; I thank him for his role in helping the revolution. Frankly guys, he did more to help spread Dr. Paul's message than a great many of us here.

Azprint
02-07-2008, 11:30 PM
No surprise for me here. Never believed to lawyer, economist or bureaucrat. They are full of shit and are shit. Move along, nothing to see here.

zardiw
02-07-2008, 11:33 PM

Holy Crap........they got to him...Looks like the powers that be want 100 years mcCAIN in the seat.........z

zardiw
02-07-2008, 11:35 PM
What's happening here is that the powers that be are getting worried. Ron Paul is getting too popular, and they are scared shitless. SO, they are taking 'steps'.....I'm waiting for some more shoes to drop..........z

revolutionary8
02-07-2008, 11:36 PM
I can see that I'm in the minority when I say this but...

I respect Don Luskin's decision and I hope he finds a way to make a difference; I thank him for his role in helping the revolution. Frankly guys, he did more to help spread Dr. Paul's message than a great many of us here.
I disagree.
He did more to help McPain's message than "a great many of us here".
;)
I will commend you on both the front sided and back sided attack tho. :D It stung
FOR A SEC.
( not that it was intentional)
"they know not what they do"
myself included.

Sandra
I mean, look at how many times we've preached,"it's not the man, it's the message." We must infect others with the message. I hope this is what's going on.

makrothymia
ET TU. BRUTE?

ps i was homeschooled.

Stealth
02-07-2008, 11:41 PM
it is about the message...but how are you going to get mccain to move to better economic policies with such a bad foreign policy! mccain supports the war.

revolutionary8
02-07-2008, 11:48 PM
it is about the message...but how are you going to get mccain to move to better economic policies with such a bad foreign policy! mccain supports the war.

McPain's message is PAIN.
Ron Paul's message is LOVE.
They don't go together.
They are both men in their 70's.
One spent a life preaching Love and Life,
The other spent a life promoting self destruction and taking as many down with you while you go.

ronpaulitician
02-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Even Paul has shown that he's willing to compromise (West Virginia). If you have a chance to whisper in the devil's ear, would you refuse?

literatim
02-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Even Paul has shown that he's willing to compromise (West Virginia). If you have a chance to whisper in the devil's ear, would you refuse?

That wasn't a compromise. That was local Huckabee campaign buying the local Ron Paul support for 3 delegates.

Minuteman2008
02-07-2008, 11:56 PM
He can join McCain's team along with other patriots like Mexican reconquista Juan Hernandez. He's in real great company. My god, what a joke this is.

ZzzImAsleep
02-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Signed,

Don Quixote

Seriously.......

Talk about tilting at windmills.......

Dave Pedersen
02-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I can understand why Luskin would not want to play second fiddle to Schiff in a needless role as "advisor". But going to McCain.. I wonder who broached this idea, Luskin or McCain? Either way it looks like betrayal.

My bet is Luskin saw something in HQ which didn't sit well with him. Perhaps a general unidentifiable malaise of the kind no good intentions can surmount but can only be cured by excision en masse.

Luskin was in the inner circle just long enough to learn all the campaign strategies for every contingency. Things HQ would never dream of divulging to the grassroots for instance. And now they are dropped in the lap of McCain courtesy of Mr. Luskin. Now Ron cannot argue that McCain is ill equipped to handle the economy since his former advisor is now assisting him. Looks like we lost several things with Luskin's change of loyalties.

praxisseizure
02-08-2008, 12:02 AM
please give me a break as a thoughtful human being. republicans, be damned for what they've done. I hope my instincts are correct. And correct from the beginning. Ron Paul is the ONLY way this country will turn around. PERIOD! woe is he who votes for anything but what he believes in. woe is he who contributed to the downfall of an entire nation. woe is he who can sleep at night knowing he had a say, even but one vote, in the misery of generations to come. woe is America if it cannot wake up from it's slumber beyond all calamity until it is on their doorstep. woe is America if it cannot recognize the cause of its misery.

ClockwiseSpark
02-08-2008, 12:03 AM

Signed,

Don Quixote

LMAO! :D

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-08-2008, 12:14 AM
My fear is that Luskin might have been told by RON that an indepenent run was ruled out. Thus, knowing that the GOP nod was out of reach, he decided to move on. Luskin seemed to be pushing for an independent Ron by Ron this year.

Carole
02-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Luskin said in the you tube video with Neil Cavuto that Dr. Paul does not need an advisor. Maybe he meant that. Dr. Paul is very well self-schooled in economics. Could be he knows more than Luskin.

He has Peter Schiff as an advisor after all who is very highly regarded.

Carole
02-08-2008, 12:20 AM
But McCain has all those PPT ( Pres Working Group) to rely on.
And PHil Gramm, and you know Phil Gramm and blah-blah-blah. I rely on my friends. MY friends. :D:D:D

Why would he want Luskin?

Sauron
02-08-2008, 12:23 AM
But McCain has all those PPT ( Pres Working Group) to rely on.
And PHil Gramm, and you know Phil Gramm and blah-blah-blah. I rely on my friends. MY friends. :D:D:D

Why would he want Luskin?

After the question Paul asked McCain at the last debate, he knows he needs him.

JohnnyWrath
02-08-2008, 12:23 AM

+1

Carole
02-08-2008, 12:24 AM
I would say that is ridiculous. McCain is an extremely arrogant man. He has no plans to actually deal with the economy. He will leave it up to his "friends"- Phil Gramm, etc.

Carole
02-08-2008, 12:27 AM
He will drop all the right buzz words if necessary just to get nominated/elected. But you do not learn economics unless you love it and certainly not in a few months. He has no interest in economics and this makes no sense when he has all those important guys to "help him" with the economy. He has no real interest in "seeing more sunshine." No clue.

There is another reason McCain wanted Luskin. Now what is it?

RonPaulwillWin
02-08-2008, 12:28 AM
somebody should add this to ronpaultimeline.com, the sites not working correctly for me for some reason.

The Only Woj
02-08-2008, 12:31 AM
McCain needs Don Luskins help. You know, I do feel bad that he left Ron Paul ... but you know what? McCain needs to get his shit straightened out. And if this injects a little Dr. Paul into McCain, amen to that.

The Only Woj
02-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Don is going to negotiate the new GOP ticket

McCain/Paul 2008

revolutionary8
02-08-2008, 12:41 AM
I can understand why Luskin would not want to play second fiddle to Schiff in a needless role as "advisor". But going to McCain.. I wonder who broached this idea, Luskin or McCain? Either way it looks like betrayal.

My bet is Luskin saw something in HQ which didn't sit well with him. Perhaps a general unidentifiable malaise of the kind no good intentions can surmount but can only be cured by excision en masse.

Luskin was in the inner circle just long enough to learn all the campaign strategies for every contingency. Things HQ would never dream of divulging to the grassroots for instance. And now they are dropped in the lap of McCain courtesy of Mr. Luskin. Now Ron cannot argue that McCain is ill equipped to handle the economy since his former advisor is now assisting him. Looks like we lost several things with Luskin's change of loyalties.

Yeah. That is my guess. HIMSELF in the mirror. At one point, Luskin was probably a "good guy"
At least now we and his children and family know.

specsaregood
02-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Luskin said in the you tube video with Neil Cavuto that Dr. Paul does not need an advisor. Maybe he meant that. Dr. Paul is very well self-schooled in economics. Could be he knows more than Luskin.

He has Peter Schiff as an advisor after all who is very highly regarded.

I have noticed a very STARK difference in how the media treats Luskin and Schiff.

Luskin is treated friendly, respected, etc.
When Schiff is on, there is always other "experts" on that laugh in the background while Schiff is talking, demeaning, he is painted as nut. Sound familiar? It is just like the republican debates with giuliani giggling.

Now the question is this, who has been more right over the past 8 years? Schiff or Luskin? or in the near future. I think I know the answer.

literatim
02-08-2008, 12:43 AM
All he is going to do is make McCain sound more conservative. He won't actually be more conservative.

Molly1
02-08-2008, 12:44 AM
There is no way the neocon 100 years war Mccain can ever hope to institute Ron Paul's economic plan. That dog don't hunt.

So don't tell me that Luskin is going to be any help to Mccain. Mccain would have to disavow the neocons and their desire to conquer the world, first. And that's not going to happen.

Sound bites do not make you a conservative. Policy does and substance does, and Mccain has neither.

thuja
02-08-2008, 12:51 AM

what, exactly, does this mean?

Menthol Patch
02-08-2008, 12:52 AM
He is a fascist and a traitor. It is that simple.

RickyJ
02-08-2008, 01:07 AM
Donald L. Luskin

I don't know who he is or care. I assume he is a traitor. McCain is going nowhere. McCain knows it, that's why he emphasizes leading the Republican party. He knows his time in the limelight will be short. Hillary is assured of the win. The folks at Diebold guarantee it, just like they did for Bush in 2004.

RickyJ
02-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Don is going to negotiate the new GOP ticket

McCain/Paul 2008

When hell freezes over. Ron Paul is either going to be President in 2009, or he will be going back to Congress for two more years. VP is mostly a ceremonial job unless the President dies.

dannno
02-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Lord knows McCain needs the advice!
Yes, and we need the intelligence :D (in a cia way ;))

Shink
02-08-2008, 01:18 AM

Fuck Luskin. He jumped ship for political expediency. He'd rather go down in a leaky yacht than stay afloat in a sturdy little tugboat.

macfly
02-08-2008, 01:20 AM
the vice president job IS the president..for republicans since reagan. as long as it was george bush senior or one of his insider criminals (cheney). bush senior ran the show with reagan, especially after he tried to have him assassinated.

Sauron
02-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Fuck Luskin. He jumped ship for political expediency. He'd rather go down in a leaky yacht than stay afloat in a sturdy little tugboat.
He got on board the tugboat. Just went back on board the yacht to plunder the jewels before it sinks. He'll be back.

Original_Intent
02-08-2008, 01:24 AM
is he our sleeper cell or theirs?

Shink
02-08-2008, 01:25 AM
He got on board the tugboat. Just went back on board the yacht to plunder the jewels before it sinks. He'll be back.

What's there to plunder? Is McCain hiding Mr. T-style gold necklaces under his giant chinfolds?

revolutionary8
02-08-2008, 01:25 AM
My fear is that Luskin might have been told by RON that an indepenent run was ruled out. Thus, knowing that the GOP nod was out of reach, he decided to move on. Luskin seemed to be pushing for an independent Ron by Ron this year.

Barf bag provided?
Nawww, too cheap.
McPain is a disgusting PIG and now we know Luskin is a pig skin.

Grandson of Liberty
02-08-2008, 01:37 AM
I didn't get through all 14 pages of threads so maybe someone already mentioned it, but I've got a hunch McCain will be using Luskin not to help develop economic strategy, but to tutor him on economics and how to sound like Ron Paul so he doesn't look like a deer in the headlights whenever he gets a big-boy question.

ShaquitaWilliams
02-08-2008, 01:50 AM
I have not read every post here on this topic yet, so I apologize if I post something already stated here. I'll read all after this post. :D

But listen, for our man, especially an economic advisor, to have embedded himself within the Republican front-runner's campaign -- that's REALLY BIG news! I cannot stress how HUGE this really is either!

Think about it for a minute. John McCain takes the economic advisor from an otherwise "Crazy Lunatic" also running for President! Can't you see? This whole thing gives Dr. Paul credibility, like, BIG TIME -- especially within his economic ideas.

The sincerest form of flattery is to mimic another -- to steal their ideas -- and although the media is largely silent on this, if it had been Mitt Romney's, or Huckabee's economic advisor changing camps, you can be sure that it would be HUGE news.

It's even BIGGER news that Ron Paul's advisor has found a WELCOMING home in the "Non Crazy" Republican front-runner's campaign, although it's in the best interest of the Republican party, including John McCain, to not make a big deal of it. For that would give Ron Paul credibility, which is not what they're they're prepared to give him at the moment, for he represents a threat to the Republican Party establishment.

But rest assured, this is GREAT NEWS, make no mistake about it! Some of you may be a little young, not that that's bad, but trust me, this is VERY GOOD NEWS!

I'm sorry that so many of you cannot seem to see through this. :(

ShaquitaWilliams
02-08-2008, 01:57 AM
One last point. Please do not fall into that simple-minded trap of W's, ok? "You're Either With Us Or Against Us" mentality is what got us into a HUGE mess to begin with.

Life is so much more complex than that. :)

Rhys
02-08-2008, 02:13 AM
What's his name again???

Oh yeah, I remember

BENEDICT ARNOLD

BENEDICT ARNOLD!!!!

BENEDICT ARNOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's a crime to say his name, you know.

now it should be the same for Luskin.

edit: this is not great news to anyone who said it is. the media doesn't see this as "wow ron paul's so smart, his guy switched teams!" and neither do I.

freedmfytr
02-08-2008, 03:12 AM
getting involved in this campaign is one of the hardest things i have ever done. there's so much drama here it's unreal.

blimp
fox boycott
newsletters
vote fraud
billionaire
recount
no billionaire
MSM blackout
being left off the ballots

now this, you have got to be kidding me???!!!!

this crap just doesn't stop for this movement, huh??

WOW! You hit the nail on the head. Hard to keep up w/these things & live a somewhat normal life at the same time. This campaign has taken so much out of me. I say that knowing I haven't given all I should have or near as much as alot of people on this forum. With all these odds stacked against us, its a wonder we made it this far.

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 03:25 AM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_oYD2ciuxz6U/RopjZKwPdmI/AAAAAAAAAmo/O4i8o8zlrXk/s400/07-07-03b_luskin.png
WANTED
FOR TREASON

:mad:

raiha
02-08-2008, 04:05 AM
No idea about Luskin as i am unfamiliar with him. Sounds pretty bad!

McCain suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder and probably residual PTSD. He is a bully. He is corrupt. He is degenerate i.e. he is unprincipalled.

Anyone who can support a war that not only contaminates the so-called enemy and their families for centuries, but also US troops, with radioactive material that compromises their genetic make-up, is a very frightening person and should be avoided at all costs. In fact I would rather be exposed to DU myself than share any vicinity with JMcCain.

I will never forget his snide remarks and sniggers during those serious debates about war damage and war dead and towards a good, intelligent, brave person called Ron Paul. I don't think i have ever despised a person as ardently as John McCain!

I thank the gods and goddesses that i live in NZ and do not have to be subjected to him.

have not read every post here on this topic yet, so I apologize if I post something already stated here. I'll read all after this post.

But listen, for our man, especially an economic advisor, to have embedded himself within the Republican front-runner's campaign -- that's REALLY BIG news! I cannot stress how HUGE this really is either!

Think about it for a minute. John McCain takes the economic advisor from an otherwise "Crazy Lunatic" also running for President! Can't you see? This whole thing gives Dr. Paul credibility, like, BIG TIME -- especially within his economic ideas.

The sincerest form of flattery is to mimic another -- to steal their ideas -- and although the media is largely silent on this, if it had been Mitt Romney's, or Huckabee's economic advisor changing camps, you can be sure that it would be HUGE news.

It's even BIGGER news that Ron Paul's advisor has found a WELCOMING home in the "Non Crazy" Republican front-runner's campaign, although it's in the best interest of the Republican party, including John McCain, to not make a big deal of it. For that would give Ron Paul credibility, which is not what they're they're prepared to give him at the moment, for he represents a threat to the Republican Party establishment.

But rest assured, this is GREAT NEWS, make no mistake about it! Some of you may be a little young, not that that's bad, but trust me, this is VERY GOOD NEWS!

I'm sorry that so many of you cannot seem to see through this.

I'd really, really like to believe this theory but i am so disgusted and disillusioned and terminally pessimistic after going on this rollercoaster journey, that I think i am probably becoming unhinged (just kidding!)

I think the entire earth needs to be encircled by a barbed wire fence and it needs to be dragged into some black hole in the milky way where it's appalling influence will no longer be able to harm sentient beings.

QCB79
02-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Statement from RP supporters to Luskin :

Screw you, you area traitor and a leech , we have lost any and all respect for you. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

tropicangela
02-08-2008, 04:32 AM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_oYD2ciuxz6U/RopjZKwPdmI/AAAAAAAAAmo/O4i8o8zlrXk/s400/07-07-03b_luskin.png
WANTED
FOR TREASON

^^^^^

Ron Paul Economics 101 - Bring the Troops Home NOW

John McCain Foreign Policy - Iraq for 100+ Years and MORE wars

Not a damn positive economic thing that Luskin will be able to do for McCain with his stance on foreign policy. Makes no sense.

devil21
02-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Maybe this whole thread is a troll and utter fabrication. That RonBeWithYou dude's posts always made me raise my eyebrows. Is there any confirmation?

I didnt read the whole thread. I just know my radar goes off with that member's posts.

tropicangela
02-08-2008, 04:39 AM
It's definitely confirmed that Luskin is a traitor and went to McCain... as for the personal email, who knows.

devil21
02-08-2008, 04:41 AM
It's definitely confirmed that Luskin is a traitor and went to McCain... as for the personal email, who knows.

The email is what Im talking about.

sidster
02-08-2008, 06:17 AM
WANTED
FOR TREASON

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2394/2249782489_2368c00423_o.png

I think this is what he was trying to tell us...

JoBurke
02-08-2008, 06:52 AM
my hope is that you get ganked and ripped in a dark alley.

JoBurke
02-08-2008, 06:54 AM

BS - you are the child if you believe your own statement.

Todd
02-08-2008, 06:56 AM
This would be like molding GW Bush into the image of Gandhi, or Bill Clinton into the image of a Virgin.

tommyzDad
02-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Here're my two bits on this. I believe Mr. Luskin still intends to vote for Dr. Paul, but will offer his knowledge and experience to McDrain.
I think this is kind of another economic slap at McBrain, stating, "Ron doesn't need economic advise. As evidenced by your answer to Dr. Paul's economics question two debates ago, you are in dire need of counsel. If you're going blather on about and vote on economics, I'm here to make you don't muck up our great Republic."
If McMurder had any self-respect, seeing that someone from Ron Paul's camp has joined his, he would feel more than a bit embarassed at such a slap. But again, if he had any self-respect, and a working brain between those jowls.
My two bits.

freelance
02-08-2008, 07:15 AM
I don't think Don Quixote is who you think he is.

Actually, you're right. I was thinking the book, not the character. I guess I should have signed it Sancho Panza (sp???).

In truth, I have no idea why the man really over to McCain's side. Was he being altruistic, practical, self-serving, delusional? I have no idea and I have no evidence either way.

ATS
02-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Fuck him. Moving on.....

bg1654
02-08-2008, 10:22 AM
This actually makes some sense. I think its economic insurance that could limit the damage a McCain presidency, should it occur, could do. McCain has already been shown to be economically braindead and has stated many times, in a single answer no less, that he would rely on his advisors.

If he were to have RP-minded economic advisors, then we would effectively get an RP economic policy, provided McCain truely did listen. Now this would probably be overwhelmed by the McWar foreign policy, but at least it would limit the damage. Just think of what kind of damage would occur with business as usual economics plus the McWar foreign policy!

This is either a brilliant move or an individualist looking out for himself.

Crickett
02-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Yea... I too sometimes can't decide whether this board is populated
by either moles or utter simpletons.

Me too..there have been times lately, with all the 3rd party crap and ridiculous "ideas" I had to just get out of here.

dbhohio47
02-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I think all the naysayers are missing the point.

Granted, it looks bad that he would suggested he would write RP in on tuesday....then leave for McCain's campaign on thursday. But, look at the big picture. Luskin's economic principles are close and consistent to RP's. The purpose of RP's presidential run was to EDUCATE people about his policy beliefs in an effort to move conventional wisdom in that direction. McCain, as frontrunner, is statistically pretty much assured the nomination. Luskin, who supports RP economic thinking, has been INVITED to participate as an advisor to McCain.... the Republican presidential nominee. THIS IS HUGE. McCain bringing on Luskin as an ecomonic advisor is a tacit approval by McCain of Ron's message. Short of a RP presidency (which was the longest of longshots to begin with), this is a major victory!

For RP its about the message, not the messenger. If McCain is beginning to comprehend the message.....and he is in a better position politically to DO something with it, then more power to Luskin.

Crickett
02-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I am glad you wrote him and gave us this info so we could at least hear what he had to say.

I think they really made him an offer he could not refuse, and then he rationalized why he was going to do it. He will find himself quite alone, tho, in an enemy camp, with his principles attacked at every turn. I hope he knows what he is getting into, and can stand up to it.

RlxdN10sity
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM
If Luskin teaches McCain to talk about the economy like Ron, well there goes a large portion of our significant contrast in the debates and the campaign in general. I'm shocked and pissed that this has happened. McCain will only say what he has to in order to get the nomination, it will not be backed up by any action that could be considered remotely congruent.

wfd40
02-08-2008, 10:51 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2394/2249782489_2368c00423_o.png

I think this is what he was trying to tell us...

LOLZ

MsDoodahs
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
INow the question is this, who has been more right over the past 8 years? Schiff or Luskin? or in the near future. I think I know the answer.

Let's consider that. I've not looked at anything to verify this yet, but here's my guess on which "advisor" would have done better over the past 8 years.

Schiff is a perma bear. Luskin is not.

How has the stock market done over the past 8 years?

Perma bears avoid the market because they believe it is always just about to crash.

My guess would be that Luskin has done VASTLY better than Schiff, because Schiff would have avoided the market - because for Schiff, it is always just about to crash.

Is this different than what your guess was, Specs?

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 10:59 AM

Dude, you're giving away the secret plan :eek:

Seriously folks, I wouldn't worry so much about where Donald Luskin's loyalties lie.

If I'm not mistaken he's doing a very noble and courageous thing.

Or he could be a turncoat of the highest order as I don't know him personally.

MsDoodahs
02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Let's consider that. I've not looked at anything to verify this yet, but here's my guess on which "advisor" would have done better over the past 8 years.

Schiff is a perma bear. Luskin is not.

How has the stock market done over the past 8 years?

Perma bears avoid the market because they believe it is always just about to crash.

My guess would be that Luskin has done VASTLY better than Schiff, because Schiff would have avoided the market - because for Schiff, it is always just about to crash.

Is this different than what your guess was, Specs?

Checked it, broad market last 8 years, not good, so Schiff would have been the better bet. :eek:

werdd
02-08-2008, 11:08 AM
hes just gonna tell mccain what he needs to say so he can get the nomination, really sad.

rockandrollsouls
02-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't know what to think of this. I would have preferred he not help McCain, but I just don't know.

affa
02-08-2008, 11:35 AM
If Luskin teaches McCain to talk about the economy like Ron, well there goes a large portion of our significant contrast in the debates and the campaign in general. I'm shocked and pissed that this has happened. McCain will only say what he has to in order to get the nomination, it will not be backed up by any action that could be considered remotely congruent.

Fortunately, McCain will never be able to 'talk about the economy' like Ron Paul. McCain doesn't know the terms he tries to use, and it's obvious.

ShaquitaWilliams
02-08-2008, 04:07 PM
I think all the naysayers are missing the point.

Granted, it looks bad that he would suggested he would write RP in on tuesday....then leave for McCain's campaign on thursday. But, look at the big picture. Luskin's economic principles are close and consistent to RP's. The purpose of RP's presidential run was to EDUCATE people about his policy beliefs in an effort to move conventional wisdom in that direction. McCain, as frontrunner, is statistically pretty much assured the nomination. Luskin, who supports RP economic thinking, has been INVITED to participate as an advisor to McCain.... the Republican presidential nominee. THIS IS HUGE. McCain bringing on Luskin as an ecomonic advisor is a tacit approval by McCain of Ron's message. Short of a RP presidency (which was the longest of longshots to begin with), this is a major victory!

For RP its about the message, not the messenger. If McCain is beginning to comprehend the message.....and he is in a better position politically to DO something with it, then more power to Luskin.

Yes! Thank you for posting this. It is what I am trying to say too.

At some point we really have to come to grips with reality. Ron Paul will not be winning the Republican nomination for President this year, much less the Presidency. Ron Paul knew this even before he entered the race!

So, if the Ron Paul's and others like Tancredo, and Kucinich etc. join in a race that they know they have virtually NO chance of winning, then ask yourself, why do they do it anyway? BECAUSE, it gives them a platform to express their ideas to not only the American people on a national stage, but to their very Parties.

So ask yourself, if Dr. Paul loses the Republican nomination, would you rather that all of his advisors fall off the face of the earth, or, would you rather that they join in with other campaigns so as to keep the torch alive, so to speak?

It starts out as attempting to influence others from the outside. Then, as the message spreads and earns respect, the seeds are sought, as well as welcomed from within the competition. Winning in politics is not the same as winning the Super Bowl, where there is a clear winner, and a clear loser. The fact of the matter is that Dr. Paul has already won SO MUCH more than he ever thought he would.

Influence is the key, not necessarily winning the highest office in the land. There's more than one way to skin a cat. :)

angelatc
02-08-2008, 04:10 PM
I hope I'm wrong.

Because the job offer wasn't open ended?

Hey, he could have stayed on and sabotaged Paul if he was a bad guy.

RonPaulFTFW
02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRn him!

he's a witch!

TC95
02-08-2008, 04:17 PM

NOTHING

...and never will be!!!

LEK
02-08-2008, 04:28 PM

Thanks - I needed a good laugh.
Don't even dare to compare the two men or intimate one can carry the torch of the other.

McCain is the pitbull the establishment needs to further their plan