PDA

View Full Version : If we have a shot to win brokered convention Romney would too...

jp5065
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
If we have a chance to win at a brokered convention, Romney would have a chance too, probably a better one.

Why would he drop out now, after spending all that money?

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, he's looking at spending 20 million more, just for the primaries, and then he has the unlikely prospect of trying to beat Obama or Hilliary...not a wise investment.

And i think it tough for someone who dropped to win a brokered convention.

jp5065
02-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Why not just stop spending money and coast on the national media attention he already has?

GoldStan
02-07-2008, 09:19 PM
The answer is that the "brokered convention" win for Ron Paul was a fantasy (as it would be for Romney). Romney knew he had already lost.

Did you listen to his concession speech? I am guessing not.

nc4rp
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Romney is stepping aside so that in 2012 the Gop will remember him playing nice and will let him win in 2012. remember mccain was here first in 2000. its his turn, not romney's. 2012 or 2016 will be romneys turn.

affa
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
The answer is that the "brokered convention" win for Ron Paul was a fantasy (as it would be for Romney). Romney knew he had already lost.

Did you listen to his concession speech? I am guessing not.

13 posts.

nate895
02-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Romney is stepping aside so that in 2012 the Gop will remember him playing nice and will let him win in 2012. remember mccain was here first in 2000. its his turn, not romney's. 2012 or 2016 will be romneys turn.

That's why we should start the new campaign the day after this one ends, with or without Ron Paul. Just find a liberty minded person, and start donating the day after $20 a month right up until January 2011, when we go big time fundraising. If we can get 100,000 to donate $20 a month from March 2008 (start saving up for a big end of the year money bomb) we'd have $66,000,000 before the other campaigns even started, and since we have people organized right down to the precinct level, it will be virtually impossible to stop us.

sirachman
02-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Didnt some early cantidate do that like jackson or something run a 4 year campaign for reelection? Maybe it was someone else but I know this was done before and it definately worked :) Sounds like a plan, start spreading the platform as soon as we can and then integrate the cantidate we will be running once he/she is confirmed, then we win:D

GoldStan
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
13 posts.

Yup and that somehow means that Romney didn't actually make that speech (in Truther land maybe anyways).

Now if I had 5000 posts you would have just rolled with "Traitor!". Very convincing, I have no idea how we possibly lost this thing.

tpreitzel
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
If we have a chance to win at a brokered convention, Romney would have a chance too, probably a better one.

Why would he drop out now, after spending all that money?

You need to reread Romney's rationale for dropping out of the running closely as there are some clues in there. Basically, Romney is just a party hack and the GOP is using his exodus in an attempt to secure the nomination for McCain which I think is a bit premature. ;)

nate895
02-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Didnt some early cantidate do that like jackson or something run a 4 year campaign for reelection? Maybe it was someone else but I know this was done before and it definately worked :) Sounds like a plan, start spreading the platform as soon as we can and then integrate the cantidate we will be running once he/she is confirmed, then we win:D

I'm not sure of it being done in the past. Any situation would be different from the one we face today since this grassroots movement is larger than nearly any other before it and has the internet as a powerful organizing tool.

See my Plan D (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=107756) thread for more information.