PDA

View Full Version : Mail Iowa Statistics

Green Mountain Boy
08-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Just got this email:

Hello friends of Ron Paul,

I've had a lot of interest expressed regarding the statistics of the Mail Iowa program and I'm very excited to announce that you all have exceeded the initial goal! Great job and congratulations!! There were 91,886 names and addresses that were sent out to approximately 1395 requests by volunteers! Ron Paul supporters are awesome!

Due to the focus on the Straw Poll at this time there has been no discussion about continuing the Mail Iowa program. I think it has been a huge success and a great idea that should be continued.

I am confident this will be continued and I have some ideas to improve the process and hopefully make it more user friendly. Your cooperation and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Jerry Schnoebelen
Volunteer, Mail Iowa
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

brumans
08-09-2007, 03:47 PM
91,886 -- that's incredible!

Average of 65 per person.

This, combined with Call Iowa, Door-to-Door stops to iowans, DVD Distributions, TV Ads, Radio Ads, Dr. Paul visits all week, Rallies.. it is looking up!

ThePieSwindler
08-09-2007, 03:47 PM
christ if we get even a 1% return on the letters, that is 900 votes! Not a bad deal at all!

pyrazole2
08-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Great news! Goes to show that we are able to get off the internet and make things happen. Keep it up everyone!

rpf2008
08-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Excellent work , hats off to those involved. Thanks for the update.

ronpaulitician
08-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Out of the 100 letters I sent, I had only about 7 returned as undeliverable (bad address; does not live here anymore; etc).

I personally believe the letters to be just as effective as, if not more than, the phone calls we placed.

What's the next big event that we should target like this? If we can get started sooner, we can really saturate the area with Ron Paul materials. Billboards, newspaper ads, phone calls, letters, e-mails, etc.

Green Mountain Boy
08-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Out of the 100 letters I sent, I had only about 7 returned as undeliverable (bad address; does not live here anymore; etc).

I had about the same percentage. I wonder how old the list was.

DeadheadForPaul
08-09-2007, 04:11 PM
I had about the same percentage. I wonder how old the list was.

Depends if they were going to apartments or not, which have lots of people moving in and out. At 7 per 100, I'd be willign to bet there were either apartments in there or they were 3 years old (maybe from 2004 election or maybe from the 2006)

Hurricane Bruiser
08-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm guessing the letters are more effective than the cold calls. I know that I personally would read a well written letter whereas I might not listen to someone that called. Plus a letter gives the opportunity to present information better and people often view anything printed with more credibility than something they just hear.

DeadheadForPaul
08-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm guessing the letters are more effective than the cold calls. I know that I personally would read a well written letter whereas I might not listen to someone that called. Plus a letter gives the opportunity to present information better and people often view anything printed with more credibility than something they just hear.

I'd be more open to a letter. Especially ones like RP supporters have been sending which have a very personal touch to them. When I get an unsolicited call from anyone (telemarketers, politicians, etc) I get annoyed

scudiac
08-09-2007, 04:32 PM
our meetup group (portland, or) sent out about 500 letters. Keep it up everyone!