PDA

View Full Version : No Ron Paul Campagin Booth at CPAC!!!

seawolf
02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I am reading reports from several websites that RP Supporters attending the CPAC Convention today discovered that HQ had not set up a booth to distribute literature, buttons, signs, slimjims etc....

Can anyone on this forum confirm this??? If true, someone needs to contact HQ TONIGHT and get a booth set-up tomorrow morning... as the CPAC Convention is ongoing....

These same RP Supporters attending the CPAC Convention stated that many attendees wanted to take literature, information and buttons and talk to Official HQ personnel and could not believe that Ron Paul had not setup a booth....

Don't tell me this is another Campaign HQ screw-up, especially when Ron Paul delivered what many are saying was his best speech yet!!!!

Does anyone have any info on this????

christagious
02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, he needs to fire those jokes and hire Romney's campaign staff or somebody that knows what they're doing

Richandler
02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Contrary to popular belief the campaign doesn't not have the money for this. I have no doubt the campaign is nearing broke just like other campaigns.

LibertyIn08
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Contrary to popular belief the campaign doesn't not have the money for this. I have no doubt the campaign is nearing broke just like other campaigns.

Proof?

Last time I saw, the Cash on Hand was solid.

Crickett
02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
That is ridiculous. They got $20,000 two days in a row..they can set up a booth for crying out loud..I think maybe RP was just so thrilled at being invited..that is what he said in the conference call. But since we have a media director AND a campaign director it seemed TOTALLY stupid to me.. I do not know..unless they just trying to get him in Congress all week.

liberteebell
02-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Wth? There are plenty of us in meetups across the state who would have put up a booth, even on short notice. *sigh*

In this day and age of communication, not much effective communicating is going on.

xj0hnx
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM

My mom is broke and can come up with stacks of flyers, pins, stickers etc.

If this is true, it is just a crying shame. This is probably the best event to garner some real support from establishment conservatives.

Shinerxx
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Romney's crew gave Ron Paul a table according to this article...

http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/02/07/blogging-pac-ron-paul-bob-barr-others-respond-to-romney-dropping-out/

Change
02-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Chill out, the GOP hasn't really been that wonderful in getting timely information to Ron Paul Staff and Campaign Volunteers. Instead of attacking HQ, why not be pro active and call the local Meet Up group serving that area, and have them set up a booth with a District Leader and some information, we have tons of buttons, slim jims, etc. for first thing in the morning.

In addition the CPAC MC of the event was a bit nasty after Paul spoke, so, any miscommunication, certainly shouldn't be blamed on HQs, They keep a very tight calendar and coordinated a speech, and kept every one informed as to where to get access to the CSPAN coverage, which was cut from television coverage when Paul spoke, yet ran several times for McCain and Mitt.

So, aim your tone at clearing up the miscommunication with the GOP rather than at HQ. The GOP might be your first stop on the sheet that was provided to the candidates on what the event required from each Candidate and the space availability. From what I heard, Mitt had a table and staffers and the Mitt workers starting working on behalf of Paul when Mitt stepped down, (I think something smells here, so I would check into it). So the GOP is the place to check for miscommunication, because if word was sent out my Paul to any Meet UP Group District Leaders, someone would have been on it!

I don't know if you notice that several times during previous event Paul's Mic had been shorted on volume controls. So, maybe it would be a good idea to check data first before HQ attack.

Change
02-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Guys this is B.S. The GOP might not have given out the information to the Campaign on Space Availability, Don't blame HQ, Maybe the local District leader can pick up the phone and call CPAC at the Event Location and just say several CPAC members have been looking for Candidate Paul's campaign booth and information, what is the procedure for a table, and get it handled. I am sure the local District Leader would love to be included.

The GOP sent voters away also in NJ, so ..... a table. The object would be to get to the root of the situation via the local District Leader making a phone call.

And if it was hundreds of dollars for a table, maybe the decision was made awhile ago not to buy one and use it on other priorities.

Just some thoughts to consider.

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Guys this is B.S. The GOP might not have given out the information to the Campaign on Space Availability, Don't blame HQ, Maybe the local District leader can pick up the phone and call CPAC at the Event Location and just say several CPAC members have been looking for Candidate Paul's campaign booth and information, what is the procedure for a table, and get it handled. I am sure the local District Leader would love to be included.

No. Blame HQ. Several local supporters volunteered to man a booth for Dr. Paul. HQ was clueless and not supportive.

tuckessee
02-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Why did the mods move this thread from Official Campaign to Grassroots? Embarrassed by the lack of action by the dunderheads at HQ???

itshappening
02-08-2008, 09:53 AM
No. Blame HQ. Several local supporters volunteered to man a booth for Dr. Paul. HQ was clueless and not supportive.

Makes me :mad: Brad makes me :mad:

par for the course though

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
i don't think the addition of the table would have changed anything there... it was one of the biggest showings he's had which was awesome!

I would have to assume that there were grassrooters there with lit and what not to give out to people so i don't think that not having the table was too big of an impact

Arek
02-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I bet the GOP banned RP's campaign staff from the premises. I mean they like blackballing Ron Paul and figured they couldn't stop him from speaking to CPAC, so they put a sign up, all campaign staffs allowed except Paul.

Brodown
02-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Yep it's true the HQ did nothing for Ron at CPAC...I was there all day thursday, supporting Ron and only a few others where, and when we found out Romney dropped out we took over his booth and the Romney guys just handed it over and 1 of them even said he was voting for Ron Paul now. Thank you to the guys that stayed to man the booth since thursday you guys are awesome!!! I do want to add that we all called the HQ starting at 11am and then at 3 to tell them we took over the Romney booth and to bring info to hand out...they showed up at 4 empty handed

LEK
02-10-2008, 07:50 AM
The amazing things about CPAC is that he was even invited. During the recent radio conference call he said he had been trying for the last 10 years to be invited and voila! thsis year they ask him. And as we all know he was in rare form and drove home the message of true conservatism.

Seems like something we should have made a large presence at...

WilliamC
02-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Reports indicate that after Romney dropped out his supporters at CPAC were so angry they turned their election booth over to...

Ron Paul supporters.

http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/02/0...-dropping-out/

Brodown
02-10-2008, 07:58 AM
the werent really angry did you read my post above thats exactly what happend...we actually went down to the booth and said "hey can we take over your booth" and they said sure we will be leaving soon and they left in 5 mins

JS4Pat
02-10-2008, 08:02 AM

Is it even possible for HQs to run a worse campaign than they have run?

SteveMartin
02-10-2008, 08:06 AM
they showed up...empty handed

Our new campaign slogan!

Thomas Paine
02-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Godamnit! I have had it with those incompetents in HQ! They have single handedly run Ron Paul's campaign for President into the toilet. It's bad enough that they have nearly destroyed Ron Paul's chance to win the GOP nomination. Ron Paul is a big boy and he can live with such consequences. What is totally unacceptable is that those morons in HQ by their gross incompetence may have condemned this nation and future generations to military and financial disaster of the first magnitude.

liberteebell
02-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Godamnit! I have had it with those incompetents in HQ! They have single handedly run Ron Paul's campaign for President into the toilet. It's bad enough that they have nearly destroyed Ron Paul's chance to win the GOP nomination. Ron Paul is a big boy and he can live with such consequences. What is totally unacceptable is that those morons in HQ by their gross incompetence may have condemned this nation and future generations to military and financial disaster of the first magnitude.

+ Infinity and beyond. WTF is it going to take??????????????????????????????

SteveMartin
02-10-2008, 08:38 AM
I think maybe it is time for a revolution within the rEVOLution.

Liberty_is_NORML
02-10-2008, 08:52 AM

The GOP sent voters away also in NJ, so ..... a table. The object would be to get to the root of the situation via the local District Leader making a phone call.

And if it was hundreds of dollars for a table, maybe the decision was made awhile ago not to buy one and use it on other priorities.

Just some thoughts to consider.
While appreciated, your comments such as "why not be pro-active and have a Meetup group set up a table" and it was "hundreds of dollars for a table" are without merit. These claims make you appear to be an apologist for the mistakes that have been made...there are no excuses for simple errors in strategy or planning. Sorry.

Are you telling me that the independent grassroots (us) has more inherent knowledge about running a campaign than the HQ? I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense.

If HQ lacks the political savvy and logistical capacity to simply set up an information table, even with 30 SECONDS of prep time, then they are really incompetent. This is not third grade t-ball...trying hard just isn't good enough. And that is why I blame Dr. Paul's campaign stuff for screwing up this race.

liberteebell
02-10-2008, 09:04 AM
I think maybe it is time for a revolution within the rEVOLution.

I'm in.

Personally, nothing has been so easy a sell as Ron Paul's message. Nothing. Whether it's to my 80 year old dad or to some wet behind the ears kid at Starbucks. I've had people roll down their windows while I'm stopped at a red light and ask for info, people hunt me down in restaurants, people walking right up to me on a sidewalk or in a store, you name it, people hungry for the message, the honesty, the integrity. I know I've personally changed a lot of people's minds and I've also repeatedly asked people to donate. I KNOW I'm not the only one who has experienced this very same thing. Logic and reason says that this should translate into votes and more $$$$$. But it has not.

When we're 3rd in donations in Q4 and have no slick ads, similar to obama and even mc100war, there's something seriously wrong.

There is NO EXCUSE WHATEVER that there wasn't a very fancy booth at CPAC. Heck, my meetup, consisting of a bunch of people who are mostly working stiffs with little money and little time have been putting booths together for events from Talkfest to gun shows, on a shoestring. They turned out to be so well done, several people "accused" us of being paid by the official campaign. :D

The former Virginia state volunteer coordinator has also done the same. He and other grassroots people created some WONDERFUL booths and tables such as at the State Fair and the Virginia Republican Advance and Straw Poll.

All we would have needed for this one is a little notice and maybe some financial help with the entry fees and we could have easily made it happen. It never occurred to me that HQ wouldn't have a booth. I guess I'm just too trusting...

propanes
02-10-2008, 09:52 AM
This reminds me of the HQ snubbing the NRA candidates forum of few months back. No statement from RP. No appearance. Of course no response to NRA's inquiry. :mad:

New York For Paul
02-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Ron Pauls congressional office have been involved with CPAC at least since the early eighties. However the congressional office is very different from the campaign office.

Fifty two percent of the attendees were college students. If Ron Paul had gotten twenty percent in the straw poll that would have made news for him. It was another missed opportunity.

The year before I voted for someone else at the straw poll and barely knew anything about Ron Paul.

Mitt Romney bussed in hundreds of college kids last year to win the straw poll.

CPAC is an "conservative institution" that is easy to contact. There should be no excuse.