PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Pre-Launch of the Revolution March Project... Please spread the word!

the_bee
02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
The goal is to organize the largest, peaceful, non-violent rally in support of The Revolution that is happening in America. Most people that have been involved in the revolution are frustrated by the lack of Media attention given to it.

http://www.revolutionMarch.com/

The purpose of our rally is to get many thousands of freedom loving people in one place so we can be heard. An event SO HUGE, that even the Main Stream Media can’t ignore it!

The preliminary, preliminary, preliminary Plan:

phase 1:
Get minimum 100 hard core promoters of the idea
(If this is you, send your name, city/state, and email address to promoter@revolutionmarch.com.

phase 2:
Get 5000 committed marchers

phase 3:
picking date time and location in DC in coordiantaion with RP campaign

phase 4:
finalize budget and begin to raise money, pick goal number of marchers

phase 5:
get minimum 20,000 commited marchers and raise minimum budget - if not reached, send to RP campaign

phase 6:
begin spending of budget, planning and final phase of promotion to acheive final goal number of marchers

phase 7:
THE MARCH!

the_bee
02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
bump

the_bee
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM
bump

olehounddog
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
bump

kutibah
02-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Bump

scar
02-07-2008, 09:27 PM
bump

billjarrett
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Why not get all those dedicated people to go and attend their local GOP meeting?

When was the last time a political march mattered? I think it was MLK...

A bunch of people, gathered together, for some local folks to see and the media to ignore. Bleh.

Energy
02-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I'll fly out there.

boondoggle
02-08-2008, 01:13 AM
blimp

vroomery
02-08-2008, 01:51 AM
heck yes...i will make my way to washington for sure to see this through

the_bee
02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm ready

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
If you need help, let me know. I mass emailed this. Even sent it to Trevor Lyman. Have you contacted HQ? They should know about this.

dsentell
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
bump

scar
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Lets get this extremely organized! Like Deborah said, we should contact HQ, and get some good grassroots organization going on. I know i'll be coming in for a road trip, so we should make it worth it!!

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
BTW, I've organized rallies in DC before. You'll need to get a permit ASAP!!! You'll need to map out the location and you'll need to have a certain amount of porta potties. Donations will be required so you'll have to set up a pay-pal account for this. April is right around the corner and you don't have a lot of time to do this.

You'll need a stage and sound equipment too.

scar
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Should we bump it to May? It would allow for more spring breakers to attend ... I'll donate what I can.

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:24 AM
We need to get RP to speak there. Might be a good idea to get the 42 co-sponsors of HCR40 - the resolution to stop the NAU to attend and speak at it as well. I have contacts in D.C.

scar
02-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Nice, good idea Deborah (=

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:30 AM
bumpity bump bump bump

the_bee
02-08-2008, 09:40 AM
We need to get RP to speak there. Might be a good idea to get the 42 co-sponsors of HCR40 - the resolution to stop the NAU to attend and speak at it as well. I have contacts in D.C.

I think he (Ron Paul) already is

scar
02-08-2008, 10:25 AM
bump. if it's true that Ron is speaking, I would hope they could put it on the main website so we have proof for those cynical ones (=

CGeoffrion
02-08-2008, 10:38 AM
This has a lot of potential. I do think we should consider moving it back to allow more time to promote, maybe durring the spring break period? This needs to happen, I'm on board 100%

leadoverdose
02-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm there! I will bring my husband and my two children! This is exactly what we need! I will be passing along the word.

I Am Weasel
02-08-2008, 10:47 AM
This needs it's own subforum with a huge banner over it!

scar
02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I like the idea of the july 4th date, IMO the farther back the better, just to allow for more time to organize, get the word out more and reserve things like hotels ect..

leadoverdose
02-08-2008, 12:10 PM
We don't have more time. The time is now! We should have been doing this quite some time ago!

Here is what I have done to spread the word on this Revolution March.
-I posted on Ron Paul's Myspace page information about it.
-I emailed my grassroots organizer, Cheryl Scott in Nashville HQ and a few others about this event in the hopes they let everyone in their email lists know about it.
-I emailed everyone I know about this event. Complete with links and details.
-I posted a bulletin and a blog about this event with links to these forums and the event site.
-I am offering carpooling for people who cannot afford to get there themselves.
-I have suggested Greenbelt National Park to HQ as an affordable alternative to staying in a hotel if you wish to spend the evening. The park charges a fee of $16 per night per campsite. The link to the park http://www.nps.gov/gree/planyourvisit/campgroundreservations.htm

Is there anything else I can do?

slantedview
02-08-2008, 12:21 PM
i like your phased approach. i think picking a time and date would need to come before getting people to commit though.... perhaps you can do this while getting your 100 leaders.

aymn27
02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm there! I will bring my husband and my two children! This is exactly what we need! I will be passing along the word.

Me, wife and four kiddos will be there if moved back - I can't take vacation that early but May would be perfect!

scar
02-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Ideas to get the word out

**Of course we cannot do this until we've decided on a specific date, so that should be our first priority obviously. OP - Please feel free to PM me as I am willing to help as much as possible with my allotted time**

1. Print flyer's to put up in your city / around town
(I think this could be an easy "home project" that could boost this thing to the next level..)

2. Mass email
(I don't know who's exactly in charge of the meetup group emails and what not, but if we could assign certain groups of people to be in charge of emailing supporters that could help a lot I think. Say, ever few weeks or so to keep people updated on what's going on)

3. Youtube videos
(This one's a no-brainer and a great opportunity for you artistic video editing people out there to really shine. We could make some very nice videos for this monumental event, similar to the quality of the super bowl commercials. Make them viral!)

4. Blogs, diggs, forums, rest of Internet
(If we really want 10,000+ Ron Paul supporters to attend this thing from all across the country, we need to seriously make this event known throughout the entire Internet. Keep people updated not only on this forum, but on other forums about the march. Again, we could assign a certain group of supporters to a certain forum as their "task" so to say)

5. Chip-in - Donations
(Like previous people have stated, we're gonna need some money for this obviously. I'm sure we could raise MORE then enough if we really gave it our all. This could be HUGE for the campaign guys. Think of the media exposure, especially on the 4th of July if we chose that date? I personally already know it would be the most memorable 4th in my entire life)

6. Written letters, mailers, slim-jim handouts
(I suppose this could be in the flyer's section, but we need to use every tool in our arsenal for this one guys! I'm thinking using the rebate money we get back in April to print slim-jims possibly?)

What do you guys think of the organization method of assigning certain people to do certain tasks? We could make a list of people's name's and their duties to spread the word. No matter how big or small, no help is ever wasted!

***Let's brainstorm!***

leadoverdose
02-08-2008, 12:47 PM
My opinion is we need this yesterday. I realize it takes time to prepare but why can't we stick to the April date then have another on July 4th? Can you imagine the logistics of a Fourth of July trip to Washington let alone a march? Just my opinion but we could have both. We could call it The Independence March! LOL!

Another point: Can we give the neocons a little less time to prepare for a Ron Paul Revolution March in Washington? Aren't these types of gatherings a little more spontaneous than 6 months worth of planning? I think it would be more effective if we just showed up, Surprise! We're here!

hotbrownsauce
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
dpending on when it is I can come. I go to college.

scar
02-08-2008, 01:29 PM
My opinion is we need this yesterday. I realize it takes time to prepare but why can't we stick to the April date then have another on July 4th? Can you imagine the logistics of a Fourth of July trip to Washington let alone a march? Just my opinion but we could have both. We could call it The Independence March! LOL!

Another point: Can we give the neocons a little less time to prepare for a Ron Paul Revolution March in Washington? Aren't these types of gatherings a little more spontaneous than 6 months worth of planning? I think it would be more effective if we just showed up, Surprise! We're here!

I understand what your saying (= I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I think it would have a much greater impact if we had one HUGE march with 10,000+ people, instead of 2 smaller marches. with a lower turnout.

I don't think it makes a difference if they know we're going to be gathering or not, as long as we keep it peaceful and oblige by the rules, it's our right guaranteed by the constitution that we're all fighting so dearly to protect (= If KKK groups can march and speak, then certainly freedom fighters can do the same.

I dunno, am I alone? Where is everyone on this? Let's start brainstorming ideas on such things as:

Official date - Take in consideration what kind of turnout we want. If we want a larger turn out I suggest a later date to allow for more planning and promotion.

Official organizers - People who are assigned to tasks to promote and organize specific parts of the event.

leadoverdose
02-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Well I just got this email from the people organizing the Revolution March. Though I'd share. If you're interested in helping with the planning, join the conference call.

Thank you for your interest in Revolution March!

We are in the VERY early planning stages of this idea.

If you are interested in helping to lead the way on this project, please GET ON THIS CALL!

Friday, Feb 8th, 7:30PM Eastern

Dial in number: 218-339-8088 - 62724#

When you dial in, you will be prompted for your "conference number": use 62724# which stands for "MARCH"

(thank you to http://www.RonPaulConferenceCall.com)

The goal of tonight's call:

1) DEFINE THE MESSAGE

2) DEFINE AN ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE

3) GET FEEDBACK ON THE "PHASE" PLAN WHICH IS ON THE WEBSITE

We look forward to meeting you all then. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Ray Powell

the_bee
02-08-2008, 08:01 PM
bump

leadoverdose
02-09-2008, 08:59 AM
I missed the conference call last night. I was working on getting all of our mortgage papers together and the whole house has the flu. When I looked at the clock it was after 10pm!!!! I was completely bummed out that I had missed it. Any word on how it went? Have any decisions been made on a date?

the_bee
02-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I missed the conference call last night. I was working on getting all of our mortgage papers together and the whole house has the flu. When I looked at the clock it was after 10pm!!!! I was completely bummed out that I had missed it. Any word on how it went? Have any decisions been made on a date?

Things are starting to get off the ground, and there will be a lot of support needed .............go to ................http://www.revolutionmarch.com/
and get started....................

the_bee

LinkClan
03-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Bump