PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Delegate Check-in

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Who is going to the state convention next week besides me and at least 3 others from Ottawa county?

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Bump

billjarrett
02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Bump. I'm not from Michigan, but this is probably one of the most important things going right now. These guys need a sticky or subforum to themselves to keep/get organized and motivated.

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I think my county will definitely have more Ron Paul supporters at the state convention than what showed in the primary. Hope this helps get some of Romney's delegates!

pepperpete1
02-07-2008, 09:18 PM
It is my understanding that all the delegates were elected/chosen during the 2006 election.
How they chose to do that is beyond me. A delegate would not even know who was running for president then.
Can you explain this to me?

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
The precinct delegates from the previous election cycle are supposed to vote for the state delegates. However, many of the precinct delegates in my county were not in attendance, so, we filled vacancies for the state convention. I overheard Ron Paul mentioned by someone I didn't know, and I hope they were a supporter. But I knew 2 other people, and there was someone on the 6PM conference that asked for directions to the convention, so, I hope they were there.

GoDrNo
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
So Epo you are you going to be headed to the state convention?(lol just read your 1st post again, and I see you are, congrats!!!!) If so make sure you have the correct date, according to the info I have the state convention is Friday the 15th and Sat the 16th, not this Sat. and Sun. like the email stated. Unless the MI GOP changed the convention date? I was unable to connect to the MIGOP website all day to check the dates.

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
I've got all the info...they provided info packets to us.

GoDrNo
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
awesome, so is it the 15th and 16th, and is it open to all to attend or just delegates?

ziggrl
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Just got back from the Michigan Republican county convention. I was selected to go to the Republican state convention next weekend.

I got the impression that were a lot of Romney fans there. Romney's campaign person was there and people loudly applauded.

This whole process was very new to me, but I asked a lot of questions and met a lot of people.

The Republican chairman talked about uniting the party and voting Republican. Blah, blah. He mentioned McCain, Romney, Huckabee (no Paul). That we must back whoever is in the Republican party.

I say we implode from the inside. I know for sure there were three (including me).

BreakYourChains
02-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Awesome!

GoDrNo
02-07-2008, 09:36 PM
what county Zig?

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 09:38 PM
awesome, so is it the 15th and 16th, and is it open to all to attend or just delegates?

Voting is open to county delegates.

GoDrNo
02-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah I know voting is only open to the delegates but are republican non-delegates still allowed to attend and just not vote?

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah I know voting is only open to the delegates but are republican non-delegates still allowed to attend and just not vote?

I'm not really sure about that, maybe someone else will know. It seems to me that it would be open to the public, but this is my first time going to a GOP meeting of any variety. Honestly, a lot of people there gave me the creeps.

roho76
02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Just elected as Delegate for my Precinct in Livingston County. I checked a while back and from what I read I was to late, I needed to be elected in August of 2006. So when I got the email from my meet up leader today I jumped on it. There were 6 others there that I knew of, maybe even more. This should be pretty interesting.

I'm still a little unclear as to what exactly I do and what it means. But I figured I would do it and then figure it out along the way. Any info would be great.

Eric

itshappening
02-07-2008, 10:03 PM
someone PM Eric and help him :) great work guys!!

GoDrNo
02-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Ahh finally able to get back into migop.org, Eric there is a full list of upcomming events on there. Here is the state convention info (just copied and pasted):

MIGOP STATE CONVENTION
2/15/2008 6:00 PM
Lansing Center
Lansing
MRP 517-487-5413
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MIGOP STATE CONVENTION
2/16/2008 9:30 AM
Lansing Center
Lansing
MRP 517-487-5413

pepperpete1
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Great going guys! I have been unemployed for over 6 months and finally landed a job that had to start today, the day I would have gone to the county convention! Hey what about all those delegates that were rah-rahing for Romney. We need to start recruiting!
I can't believe there are no posts to that effect on the forum.

PP

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 10:27 PM
someone PM Eric and help him :) great work guys!!

Nevermind the PMs...enlighten us all!:D

Austin
02-07-2008, 10:40 PM
How many state convention delegates are there in Michigan?

roho76
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Do the Delegates to the National Convention Get Selected from the Delegates at the State Convention?

And am I going to the state convention to vote for the Delegates to the National Convention?

Can I be selected to go to the National Convention or are those positions already filled?

I guess what I am getting at is what is my purpose as a delegate to my precinct/county?

Everything that I have read on the Republican websites about the topic is kinda confusing.

samsmom
02-08-2008, 12:11 PM
At our convention, the "current" delegates at the time had the opportunity to go to the State. After those positions where filled, they voted on those of us who were new. I am now an alternate. They repeatedly stated that any person signing up as an alternate should be prepared to go because many times the delegates wouldn't be able to attend.

HOWEVER, we will not be changing the delegate count to the National. They are uncommitted.

Eponym_mi
02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
HOWEVER, we will not be changing the delegate count to the National. They are uncommitted.

Uncommitted is good...that leaves a chance to sway them to Ron Paul.

jdmetz
02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
At our convention, the "current" delegates at the time had the opportunity to go to the State. After those positions where filled, they voted on those of us who were new. I am now an alternate. They repeatedly stated that any person signing up as an alternate should be prepared to go because many times the delegates wouldn't be able to attend.

But can't you vote in Ron Paul supporters to fill those "uncommitted" delegate slots?