PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulRacing ANNOUNCES DEAL

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Gentlemen and Ladies, Start Your Engines!!!! go to to blog and see what has been done AWESOME>>>> you may not beleive it, But it is TRUE

proudclod229
02-07-2008, 08:35 PM
He’s from a legendary racing family. He is a nine-time race winner in the Series, and is the only driver to have been voted “Most Popular Driver” three times in the Nationwide Series’ 27-year history.

Dale E.?

kirkblitz
02-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Gentlemen and Ladies, Start Your Engines!

Today has been an incredible day in an incredible week.

Ron Paul Racing has been in talks with several major NASCAR teams to help promote the message of Peace, Prosperity and Freedom.

We did our best to balance the needs and wants of the supporters, and available NASCAR sponsorship opportunities, to come up with the absolute best possible combination of money and exposure.

Considering news developments of this week (and today!) we thought we needed a longer term plan than just a Daytona 500 appearance. (Just like our country’s Founders, we are in this for the long haul, no matter what.) And we think we got that and more—much more—than we could have hoped for.

Here are the details of the opportunity that we have before us at this time. (We’re not giving up on pursing other options, but this one is the furthest along at this point.)

I’m not at liberty to tell you the name of the team. But if you’re a die-hard NASCAR fan, I’m sure you’ll figure it out…and be as excited as we are!

This deal is for Major Associate Sponsor positions on TWO cars in ALL 35 RACES in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Formerly the Busch Series, the Nationwide Series is the 2nd most popular motorsports series in America. Nationwide Series races are televised on ABC and ESPN2. The first race of the season is coming up on February 16th at Daytona International Speedway, the day before the Daytona 500.

Major Associate Sponsorship includes:

* An 18″ x 12″ decal on both sides of the car
* Signage on the Pit Equipment
* Signage on the team’s Transport Vehicle (the 18-wheeler that transports the cars from race to race–it’s a moving billboard that travels over 100,000 miles of freeways per year)
* Permission to include a Decal/Button on the Race Team’s uniform
* Personal appearances by the team’s “Show Car” at special events (in fact, the Show Car will be traveling through Texas on March 4th, the date of the Texas Primary!)
* The possibility of a personal appearance by one of the team’s drivers (this is very tentative and depends on his schedule)

This is truly a great opportunity as it stands. But there’s even better news. The driver we’re working with is one of the most well-liked, well-respected drivers in the sport. He’s from a legendary racing family. He is a nine-time race winner in the Series, and is the only driver to have been voted “Most Popular Driver” three times in the Nationwide Series’ 27-year history. And this driver is a prominent television personality who appears regularly on two weekly racing shows. In fact, he’s scheduled to appear in over 50 hours of TV programming during Daytona’s “Speed Week.”

The price for all this media exposure, for both cars, for the whole season? $300,000. And the team will sign the contract with a $100,000 deposit. At that point we’ll be able to make the official announcement about the identity of the team and the drivers.

To get these cars on the track for the first race,

we need to raise $100,000 by

Wednesday, February 13th.

This deal came together just hours ago, while we were still in the process of setting up our e-commerce system to allow us to accept your donations. We’re working as fast as we can to get the Donation button on the site.

Until then, please click on the Pledge button on the Home Page to tell us how much support you have for this project. And please keep checking back often for more site updates. (We’re working on this as fast as we can, but we all have other full-time jobs, so we appreciate your patience.)

This sponsorship is available unless and until the team inks a deal with another Major Associate sponsor before we’re able to raise the money. So even if we don’t raise $100,000 in time to get into the first race, we can still keep raising money and hope to get in for the second or third race of the season. (The team will pro-rate the sponsorship so we only pay for the races the cars actually appear in.)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008.
That’s a big task but we can and will do it.

The support of Patriots like you can take this effort—and Ron Paul’s message of Peace, Prosperity and Freedom—all the way to the finish line.

The Ron Paul Racing Team:
Ron, Justin, Matt, Mike and Kathleen

P.S. One of the two cars still has a 100% Major Sponsorship opportunity available for at least 4 races. If donations continue to come in over and above the $300,000 level, the entire car can be covered with Ron Paul messages (or even the names of individual donors) for $150,000 per race.

P.P.S. We do not want to cannibalize donations from the Ron Paul campaign. Please donate the maximum to the official campaign first before supporting this project.

P.P.S. We’re sure you have a lot of questions, and we’ll try to answer all of them as fast as we can. Stay tuned to the Blog for further details. (And in the mean time, make a pledge!) Remember, there are just a handful of people working on this project while we still try to keep our day jobs. Please be patient if we’re not as responsive as you would like.

Ron Paul Racing is funded by Liberty Racing PAC. Ron Paul Racing is not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s campaign committee. Contributions to Liberty Racing PAC are not tax deductible.

Jeremy
02-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Wooooo!

Jeremy
02-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Hmm, I think we need to cover an entire car at least once. I think this could be more important than doing a lot of little things. But all is good.

Can the site get like a donation meter so we know how much we're raising?

the_bee
02-07-2008, 08:42 PM
bump

Jeremy
02-07-2008, 08:46 PM
bump

DirtMcGirt
02-07-2008, 08:48 PM
+1

mahopaul
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Dick Trickle?

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 08:50 PM
meter coming,site has had to do so much,,, Still waiting

Joseph Hart
02-07-2008, 08:50 PM
This isnt that exciting. I thought it would be the major advertisment on the car. Its just some boring decal on the sides. Im sorry but its not what I expected at all. :/

The00viper
02-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Still need that $100,000

freedomintheusa
boogity-boogity-boogity

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
this is the Busch series, not NASCAR

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 08:52 PM
with enough funds there can be a whole car

Jeremy
02-07-2008, 08:55 PM
this is the Busch series, not NASCAR

huh?

mikeycapz
02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
who is this most popular driver? I watch nascar every weekend but can not figure it out and what happened to the 28 car?

DirtMcGirt
02-07-2008, 08:57 PM
What's the decal going to look like?

mikeycapz
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
huh?

Its basically like the minor leagues to nascar, it is now called Nationwide Series. There still are big name drivers who race in this league tho.

The00viper
02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
huh?

(nevermind)

Geronimo
02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
One of the people from Ron Paul Racing is on Ron Paul Radio right now.

ForrestLayne
02-07-2008, 09:01 PM
there are several big name NASCAR drivers that run in both circuits - this is still pretty darn big -

Time for Change
02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
He’s from a legendary racing family. He is a nine-time race winner in the Series, and is the only driver to have been voted “Most Popular Driver” three times in the Nationwide Series’ 27-year history.

Dale E.?

NOPE... It's gotta be KENNY WALLACE!

ord33
02-07-2008, 09:09 PM
NOPE... It's gotta be KENNY WALLACE!

You are right, it is Kenny Wallace:
http://www.teamjegs.com/drivers/kenny.asp

Time for Change
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Dick Trickle?

no way...trickle only won 2 races in busch

Dale Jr had 22 or so so it's not him

2young2vote
02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
You are right, it is Kenny Wallace:
http://www.teamjegs.com/drivers/kenny.asp

Looks like it is him. I wonder if he supports ron.

nyjohn
02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
You guys have got to be kidding me. Are you guys really interested in gathering VOTES or making yourselves feel good by throwing your money into extravagant projects like this and the blimp? Do you guys remember the blimp and what a massive waste of money it was? You have to be delusional to think this is any different.

Haven't we learned ANYTHING from these past primaries? The only thing that counts is GETTING VOTES and these stupid projects DONT GET VOTES.

ord33
02-07-2008, 09:14 PM
By the way, my family lives close to the Coughlins (Delaware, Ohio) and they are very wealthy. So if Jeg would put his money toward the Paul campaign it would be huge. Disappointed he wouldnt do it for free if he really supported Dr. Paul. Believe me, Jeg has absolutely plenty of money to sponsor Dr. Paul for free and not be hurting one bit.

billjarrett
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM
You guys have got to be kidding me. Are you guys really interested in gathering VOTES or making yourselves feel good by throwing your money into extravagant projects like this and the blimp? Do you guys remember the blimp and what a massive waste of money it was? You have to be delusional to think this is any different.

Haven't we learned ANYTHING from these past primaries? The only thing that counts is GETTING VOTES and these stupid projects DONT GET VOTES.

Agreed.

RadioDJforPaul
02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
There are four drivers with 9 career wins. Three are no longer active: David Green, Jimmy Hensley, Rick Mast.

The only driver it could be is.........

Kenny Wallace.

FireofLiberty
02-07-2008, 09:18 PM

Right now, because of where we stand in terms of votes and delegates, it's better to focus on getting the movement out there to people and making it known than to spend money trying to just win votes. It's sad but true. Those who will support Ron in the Republican Party already do and those who don't won't.

FireofLiberty
02-07-2008, 09:19 PM
There are four drivers with 9 career wins. Three are no longer active: David Green, Jimmy Hensley, Rick Mast.

The only driver it could be is.........

Kenny Wallace.

We should get Boris Said to drive the car we sponsor in a road race. Granted, I don't think there are any before the primaries wrap up.

Time for Change
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
well...it could be Rick Mast too...lol

TheNewYorkTony
02-07-2008, 09:22 PM
this is great.

homah
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Dick Trickle?

Haha, reminds me of Sportscenter back when it didn't suck.

"...and in 32nd place, Dick Trickle."

Kacela
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
9 wins and "Most Popular Driver" 3 times: Kenny Wallace.
I just pledged $500.00:)

Danny Molina
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
NASCAR gets televised more though... This is as useful as Truck series.

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
bump

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks to the pledges, there have been $2000.00 raised in the first hour Keep it up and we might get that whole car :)

jim70769
02-07-2008, 09:49 PM

Shark Energy Racing will be making a big splash in the Nationwide Series this season as it has joined forces with Kenny Wallace- driver and popular TV personality- and Fitz Motorsports. Shark Energy will be the primary sponsor on the #36 Dodge driven by Wallace. As one of the most popular energy drinks in the world, Shark has recently made its formal debut into the United States after forty years of prevalence in over 70 countries.(Fitz PR)(2-8-2008)

boondoggle
02-07-2008, 09:57 PM
blimp

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 10:05 PM

Thanks for your pledge of $500.00 (Robert)

killatop
02-07-2008, 10:13 PM
NASCAR gets televised more though... This is as useful as Truck series.

wrong...truck series sucks b/c it's usually not in HD ... Nationwide Series since ESPN took over has actually been really good.

killatop
02-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I don't think this is like the blimp at all. The blimp was a gimmick more than anything and it wasn't very widely seen or known about. This will however be seen by a lot more people...well if Kenny does good...but they love Kenny on tv so they usually give him good time.

DirtMcGirt
02-07-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah i know about getting delegates but this is fun... It would make me tune into nascar... freedom is popular and freedom is fun...

DXDoug
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Bump! i really think this would reach alot of people.

DirtMcGirt
02-07-2008, 10:41 PM
is a pledge a donation. silly question but i need a pledge button on ur site...

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 10:52 PM
We need pledges as we are not able to except funds at this time, A pledge is just a promise from you that you will support this. Until we are able to accept funds. We should be set up for this tomorrow..

curtis119
02-07-2008, 10:52 PM
The most important thing we can do is canvass our neighborhoods. If you have money to give it should go directly to the campaign. If you are maxed out projects like this are cool, the more TV coverage we get the better.

dannno
02-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Do you guys remember the blimp and what a massive waste of money it was?

The Blimp wasn't on TV.

dblee
02-08-2008, 12:21 AM
freaking donate to the campaign or some grassroots ads. this seems like a scam, and will likely not get going in time to make a difference in the VERY IMPORTANT STATES that are coming up. ie.. WA, KS, TX.