PDA

View Full Version : Romney's Gambit

Electrostatic
02-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I have been talking with people all day about this, and we can only think of one reason why Romney dropped out... They DO NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, want a brokered convention.

I think our #1 goal from here on out has to be to stop McCain from "sealing the deal", but I do not know the best way to do that.

A couple of thoughts, however -

1. Attack McCain - This has already been brought up, but I do not know how well we can implement it.

2. Low voter turnout - This they are handling for us. It has already been so much as announced that McCain has won. No need for the ambivalent Americans to wander to the polling station for a "useless" primary.

3. Suggest Huckabee to those who absolutely refuse to support Paul. Let's face it, there are some in the Republican party who have been so utterly brainwashed that they will never vote for a candidate that actually wants to run the country according to the constitution. Convince them that Huckabee should be their neocon of choice. (I know this last one is a bit annoying to have to contemplate, but it really is necessary.)

Any other ideas, thoughts, or suggestions, feel free to reply.

Chris

LEK
02-07-2008, 08:17 PM
3. Suggest Huckabee to those who absolutely refuse to support Paul. Let's face it, there are some in the Republican party who have been so utterly brainwashed that they will never vote for a candidate that actually wants to run the country according to the constitution. Convince them that Huckabee should be their neocon of choice. (I know this last one is a bit annoying to have to contemplate, but it really is necessary.)

Chris

Huckabee isn't any different than the others including the Dems.

Electrostatic
02-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Huckabee isn't any different than the others including the Dems.

I know. This isn't about wanting Huckabee to win. This is a stratagem.

malkusm
02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
2. Low voter turnout - This they are handling for us. It has already been so much as announced that McCain has won. No need for the ambivalent Americans to wander to the polling station for a "useless" primary.

Wouldn't this help Paul possibly win enough states to keep McCain under the threshold?

Electrostatic
02-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Wouldn't this help Paul possibly win enough states to keep McCain under the threshold?

That is what we are hoping... But the other half is to get Republicans who will not vote for Paul to vote against McCain.

RlxdN10sity
02-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I did not even think about people not going to primaries because they think its all over. That is awesome for us.

AlexMerced
02-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Romney dropping out wasn't casue they don't want a borkered convention, it was TOO have one

if he were to stay in the race, him and huck would split the anti-mccain vote giving Mccain the win.

the possibility of a brokered convention have just almost become certain

Electrostatic
02-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Romney dropping out wasn't casue they don't want a borkered convention, it was TOO have one

if he were to stay in the race, him and huck would split the anti-mccain vote giving Mccain the win.

the possibility of a brokered convention have just almost become certain

I disagree. More votes for people other than McCain is the only way to end up with a brokered convention. Without any (supposedly) "legitimate" opposition, McCain only has to pick up about 500 more delegates to win.

Roxi
02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
maybe mccain paid him? he did spend 53 million of his own money.... so hes probably not "broke" but hes definitely $35 million broker than he was (yes i know broker isnt a word)

Crickett
02-07-2008, 09:05 PM
I have been talking with people all day about this, and we can only think of one reason why Romney dropped out... They DO NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, want a brokered convention.

I think our #1 goal from here on out has to be to stop McCain from "sealing the deal", but I do not know the best way to do that.

A couple of thoughts, however -

1. Attack McCain - This has already been brought up, but I do not know how well we can implement it.

Chris

Huck will give Mc his delegates. RP needs to WIN. PERIOD.

sirachman
02-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Get people to vote Ron Paul OR Huckabee, as it is Huckabee cant win without a brokered convention even if he wins every other state from now on. At least according to my calculations, is this right?