PDA

View Full Version : David Gay for U.S. Congress 2014

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-07-2008, 08:04 PM

forsmant
02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I hope to run in 2016. Send me some money so I can establish a political foothold within my community. forsmant@hotmail.com

TexMac
02-07-2008, 08:17 PM
bump

tcindie
02-07-2008, 08:36 PM
David, you should give serious thought to running for city council this year. It's usually a much easier win than any other office (county or higher), and it will give you practical real world on the job experience while allowing you to continue school and whatnot.

at the very least, start attending city council meetings.

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM

MrZach
02-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Guys - if you're thinking about running for office on the Ron Paul platform, read this thread first:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=101426

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-08-2008, 09:57 AM

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-08-2008, 10:31 AM

life_boy
02-08-2008, 08:06 PM
David:
Awesome stuff. So glad to hear about your commitment to the cause in a way that will take patience but will pay off greatly in the future. Very commendable.

On a different note, tell me about New York's current 25th District congressman James T. Walsh. Apart from being a Rudy supporter, how is he?

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-09-2008, 09:41 AM

tomcat
02-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm so happy I want to cry! I'm not kidding. I want to help you, but I don't have money.

But I know this: the internet can solve that. Lol, not my money issues I mean, but yours. We have the RP Revolution momentum, taking advantage of that could mean some serious results for you.

I'd suggest as a first step to tapping into this movement is making your own website, paypal fund, and chipin donation widget so that this forum can have something concrete to look at. From there, I think you can have a great start. I can already see this $30K as the first part of your campaign fund raising. I don't think you'll have trouble convincing people here to donate.

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-09-2008, 10:26 AM

tomcat
02-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Tomcat... thank you.. I actually have a chipin already set up.

http://davidgay.chipin.com (http://davidgay.chipin.com)

As far as convincing other people to donate, it actually has been difficult. It's hard for them to see this as an honest quest, rather than me trying to ride Ron's movement for personal gain. As far as taking advantage of the revolution, inasmuch as it helps the cause itself, and not me personally...absolutely! Feel free to donate even a tiny amount...if you can't, your moral support is all I ask!

Warmest Regards,
-Dave Gay

Hmm, that is a challenge. First thing that came to mind: people don't know if they can trust you yet. Well, I've noticed two ads atop the forum's main page with "Ron Paul Approved" stamped on them. Maybe you could get Ron Paul Approved? You were the top recruiter as a precinct captain. Perhaps you could contact the official campaign and ask them to get you in touch with Mr. Paul? I'm sure they would be impressed and encouraged by your record.

Have you made any YouTube videos, perhaps stating your goals and showing your devotion? Perhaps that would be an easy way to get more people who can help you with backing yourself up and proving to the crowd that you are indeed legit. Hmm, seems like some expert advice could be used. Again, I'd look to others for help, ask people who are already where you want to be how you can get there with your own plans

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-09-2008, 10:53 AM

life_boy
02-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Building support locally is the most important thing. Nothing bothers people more than when someone comes in to an area that they are not apart of and are almost propped up by an ideological group simply to try and win an election. Alan Keyes in Illinois?

I think being a strong recruiter for Paul is a good statistic to tout for doubters. Also making something available via a video or website sounded like a good idea. But ultimately, we can help only so much. It is your precinct that will get you into city council and it will be your Congressional District that will vote you into Congress. Build connections and a good, clean record there and the Revolution can help assure a chance at winning.

brandon
02-09-2008, 11:32 AM
lol, put me through law school and then I will run for office!

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-09-2008, 11:36 AM

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-09-2008, 11:41 AM

life_boy
02-09-2008, 12:23 PM
David:
I think you have a good approach. What has disappointed me about the Libertarian and Constitution parties is their inability to win elections. All of a sudden some guy comes out of the woodwork who is running for Gov, US Rep, US Sen or Pres. These individuals may be well-liked and respected within the LP or CP communities, but no one outside of it knows of them. I have nothing against those 3rd parties or the people who run on their tickets, but scrambling perennially after .1%-6% of the vote is not, in my mind, even a moral victory. There should be far more libertarians in state governments than there are after being founded in 1971. Constitution Party should be building a roster as well. So far the highest level CP I have found is in the Montana State Senate, but he defected from the GOP while in office.

So I think getting in there with a plan (with whatever party backing) is a good thing. Working toward a goal. Because the goal is to get some strong, honest individuals into elected positions in state and federal government. Until the system changes enough to allow an average guy with a good head and knowledge of the process to step up and take a big office without previous political experience, this is the way we will win elections.

J Free
02-09-2008, 01:00 PM
David - I applaud your long-term dedication - and your proven networking ability.

And I think you have also indirectly hit on one of the keys to keeping the RP Revolution together. Realistically we MUST continue to do business with other RP supporters. Give our business only to small businesses that support the RP message. Hire people who understand the message if we are in a position to hire people at our companies. Work politically with other local precinct/district people who understand the message.

That is the only way we can succeed long-term with any boycotts of mass media to bring them and their advertisers down. The only way we can counter top-down "establishment" attempts to squash things into the future. The only way we can learn from the successes of others and stand on their shoulders.

I set up my GOPrising.com to provide a platform for this. It didn't take off for whatever reason - and I didn't want to market it (and confuse things further) while people got involved locally themselves and focused on their own primaries. And still don't because many RP supporters are still focusing on their upcoming primaries/caucuses.

But I'm hoping you will be available to lend your social networking expertise - or at any rate get in touch with me. I don't ultimately know what will happen to the wealth of precinct leader data that the RP campaign has collected but in some ways I fear that it will simply be transformed into yet another top-down "here are people who support this. Deal with me as an intermediary." system that has plagued all prior attempts at grassroots bottom-up networking/organizing -- or will be squandered like the campaign's donations.

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-09-2008, 01:06 PM

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-09-2008, 02:48 PM

boggie08
02-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey Dave! I am a member of the Boston Ron Paul meetup group. Seriously guys, Dave is a major patriot. If he needs help, we should help him.

forsmant
02-25-2008, 06:08 PM
I was mocking you. It is no fault of your own but this is the internet. The internet is full of scam artists. I will not donate until 2014.

Kludge
02-26-2008, 01:47 PM
David Gay's name SHOULD be known by all precinct leaders. His dedication is matched only by his ability. He appears to be a strong supporter of Dr. Paul's platform and is slated to be one of the most productive members of congress were he to win. I'm going to start setting money aside now for his campaign... He may be Dr. Paul's successor ;)

boggie08
02-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Dave from Syracuse is the man. He came to Boston and helped plan the Boston Tea Party in Faneuil Hall. That is commitment.