PDA

View Full Version : Is it fair to compare whatwe are seeing with the media/gov/corps. to early1930s Germ.

Red Dingo
02-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Is it fair to compare what we have witnessed with the media/government/corporations/military industrial complex TO early 1930s Germany. I know when you bring up Nazi Germany, you also bring up the millions they killed in the camps SO it's hard to compare things to early Nazi Germany because of that. BUT if we never bring them up again, and compare what happened then to what is happening now (or could be happening now), you are in danger of allowing something similar to happen again. Not saying the U.S. media/gov/corp etc want genocide. BUT saying that they want control and power and tyranny - all the while giving the illusion that they are the opposite - that they care about the people, democracy, and their freedom.

Example, I've been thinking that many of the 'journalists' we've seen would have fit perfectly into the school of Goebbels (as in manipulating the audience with all soughts of extreme lies to get the audience to believe what you want them to believe - what you believe). I call them 'goebellists' and not 'journalists'.
Also, I like to think of the similarity with a scene in the end of the movie Downfall, where a whole group of Germans are partying and dancing and drinking and having a good old merry time, WHILE Russian shells are getting closer and closer - like TODAY the Media and Goverment are partying and dancing saying everything is fine with the economy and its not that serious WHEN its a blooming waterfall that your soon going to go over and plunger to who knows where some great distance down.

Anyway, I just want some feed back so I don't disrespect those who suffered under Nazi Germany, but also don't ignore bad things happening today that are similar to what happened (in termns of brain-washing the people).

affa
02-07-2008, 07:57 PM
We have camps too. Even American citizens have been incarcerated in Guantanamo Bay. This is not to say we've reached the point of Nazi Germany - but we have laid groundwork (see Bush's executive orders).