PDA

View Full Version : NPR Feature Story on RP-Thur, Aug. 9

joshdvm
08-09-2007, 03:00 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12623080

I emailed NPR on Monday complaining about NPR's scant coverage of him following Sunday's GOP debate.

Looks like this is the best they can muster up.

nullvalu
08-09-2007, 03:06 PM
lol what is that like 20 words?

kylejack
08-09-2007, 03:14 PM
lol what is that like 20 words?
You might want to take a closer look and listen to the 5 minute piece. Just sayin'.

Syren123
08-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Notice how they had to get in their little dig with "anti-welfare." Lots of NPR listeners fancy themselves as compassionates. They view anything that questions welfare as meanie behavior.

jj111
08-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Not 100% accurate report, but definitely better than no story at all.

nullvalu
08-09-2007, 03:22 PM
You might want to take a closer look and listen to the 5 minute piece. Just sayin'.

yeah i listeded to it right after it aired, the piece wasn't bad. :D

JosephTheLibertarian
08-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Notice how they had to get in their little dig with "anti-welfare." Lots of NPR listeners fancy themselves as compassionates. They view anything that questions welfare as meanie behavior.

I thought nh was a "libertarian state"

they keep saying that on the MSM

dseisner
08-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I wish reliable news sources like NPR would get their story straight on Ron Paul's stance on abortion. He isn't just, "pro-life." Ok, that is his personal view but everyone who has heard him talk about abortion knows that he just wants us to treat it constitutionally and let the state and local legislatures handle protection of life.

Personally, I have never really come to a conclusion about where I stand on this issue and even though I have accepted abortions as OK, my personal opinion should only matter when I'm attempting to influence local or state laws. I understand now that the supreme court does not have the authority to determine this law for the whole country and that I don't need to vote for a republican or democratic candidate on the basis of who they MIGHT appoint to the supreme court. And whether you're pro-life or pro-choice, we need to understand the principle that RP is expounding which is "how can we protect liberty if we can't protect life?" I hope NPR and other news sources come to understand this.

SeanEdwards
08-09-2007, 03:53 PM

Ron Paul himself says he is anti-welfare.

fj45lvr
08-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Ron Paul himself says he is anti-welfare.

I think your're wrong.

Paul is anti-GOVERNMENT welfare......that is not at all anti-welfare.

Beyond the immeadiate future in many ways a dependance on the system we have now is actually worse than furthering oneself without the security of "money for nothing".....I think Paul mentions the historical context of "what happened to the needy before the Government took care of them?"

It is always somewhat ironic that certain people should push for everyone to pay for these folks when they could do it themselves by their own personal donations....my buddy used to be a "special needs" educator and was always amazed at doing "in-home" visitation at how these families lived in contrast to his teaching salary being able to afford cable TV, cigarettes, pizza boxes, and other personal property that he couldn't afford on his salary with 4 kids and a non-employed wife!!! I know there are exceptions to the norm in all kinds of various different situations...however I have known plenty of folks that used "food stamps" to subsidize what monies they were having use to buy their marajuana (that's just totally pathetic).

Alabama Supporter
08-09-2007, 05:25 PM
pretty good stuff. I like the part when he describes the variety of folks that love RP. That means lots of votes folks. You have to bring people together to get the votes, and Ron Paul can do it!