PDA

View Full Version : Romney's announcement and the wasted vote theory

falsinator
02-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Well, I was just wondering how we can use Romney’s campaign suspension announcement to our advantage and I had an idea. I hear over and over again that people really like Dr. Paul but will not vote for him because they have determined that he cannot win and they want to have their vote count for something and not just thrown away. I realize how absurd that claim is, but that is irrelevant. What is important is convincing those that hold to this belief that they are not throwing their vote away. Doing that can be a difficult task, but we may not even need to try anymore. Things have changed!

Most potential Republican voters will now acknowledge that McCain pretty much has the nomination in the bag and that Paul and Huckabee are not viable. The MSM will continue to preach as much anyway. Well then, why even vote for McCain? After all, wouldn't that be a "wasted" vote? Now, by the wasted vote logic it would appear that ALL future votes for Republican candidates would be meaningless. Therefore, the "I don't want to waste my vote on Ron Paul" argument is effectively nullified. If someone is going to vote for the Republican nomination anyway, they should just vote for who they truly believe in regardless of the candidate's electability.

If we can convince enough Republican voters in the states that are still up for grabs of this then maybe we can make a difference. Maybe we can actually make those Paul votes more meaningful than ever. In addition, we can hope that a number of staunch McCain supporters won't even vote since they see his nomination as inevitable.

The bottom line is that we must remain optimistic and do all in our power to bring this movement to the masses. Remember that we are trying to save America and restore our liberties. We just have to make do with the situations that we face, adapt, and overcome. Though it will be hard, and it may be unlikely that we will win, it is not impossible. We can succeed. Never give up.