PDA

View Full Version : The talk I had

nate895
02-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I was talking with my mom about the election, and says "Ron Paul has no chance, blah-blah-blah" (she's still caucusing on Saturday in WA and voting in the primaries for Paul) I then explained the delegate selection process, and she seemed to not even think it was a human possibility for delegates to not support the candidate they vote for on the first ballot, and refused to accept my explanation.

On to the important part. She said that I was being overly optimistic and she said that I always had hope lying just around the corner. I didn't know what to say. But now that I think about it, this is a good thing, instead of giving up after every setback, I (and by association, the hardcore Ron Paul supporter) will always have hope for a brighter day, no matter what area of life. If we lose the nomination, so what, we run Indy and do better because no one wants Clinton or McCain, if we lose the general election, so what, there's hope in 2012, if we lose in 2012, so what, 2016, and so on, until I die or Kingdom come.

Anyone else with me?

BuddyRey
02-07-2008, 10:30 PM
You betcha!!!

NoxTwilight
02-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Yup abso-freakin-lutely!

thekeeper
02-07-2008, 10:36 PM
That is why I am still here.

seapilot
02-07-2008, 10:53 PM
I was talking with my mom about the election, and says "Ron Paul has no chance, blah-blah-blah" (she's still caucusing on Saturday in WA and voting in the primaries for Paul) I then explained the delegate selection process, and she seemed to not even think it was a human possibility for delegates to not support the candidate they vote for on the first ballot , and refused to accept my explanation.

Heres a thought: What if Ron Paul supporters that are delegates to the state conventions are elected not as Ron Paul delegates rather pretend to be supporters of"other"candidates. Then at the state convention they are elected as a Romney delegate, Huckabee or McCain delegate for the bound delegates going to the national convention.

At the national convention the Ron Paul supporters could come out like wolves in sheeps clothing and cast votes unknowingly for Ron Paul on the first round of voting thus eliminating the competition. This would be an operation the CIA would be proud of if we could pull it off all across the country.

pinkmandy
02-07-2008, 11:57 PM
RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Til KINGDOM COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan11
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Yes Sir!

Sauron
02-08-2008, 12:09 AM
This would be an operation the CIA would be proud of if we could pull it off all across the country.
God bless the CIA. Feels good to make them proud.

damon04
02-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Ron Paul For The Long Haul

Tugboat1988
02-08-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm with Dr Ron Paul all the way through the general election. If he starts something else, I'll be there as well. Shucks, I kept up with him before he took that long break he ended in '97 or so.

But there is a side to Romney that I haven't heard yet. You all head the media glowing about McCain is a shoo-in now. But notice Romney kept his delegates, and he's going to be on all or most of the remaining State primarie ballots. There's going to be two kinds of voters, no three, still voting for him. 1)Romney faithful. 2) sympathy voters. 3)McCain haters. He'll have all those new delegates to add to the ones he already has. If that happens, we still have a process that will go to the convention.

Meanwhile, I mailed my ballot in to Everett today and it was marked for Dr. Ron Paul.

Tugboat

nayjevin
02-08-2008, 12:33 AM
If we lose the nomination, so what, we run Indy and do better because no one wants Clinton or McCain, if we lose the general election, so what, there's hope in 2012, if we lose in 2012, so what, 2016, and so on, until I die or Kingdom come.

yaay!!!

that's the life i've been dreaming of!

Kotin
02-08-2008, 12:35 AM
I have decided to take up the cause.

Paul Revered
02-08-2008, 12:44 AM
That's the spirit.