PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys listen up...plz

Philmanoman
02-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Is this possible...someone else mentioned in a recent thread about challenging john mccain to a national debate.

I was thinking...could this be the way for the media to pay attention to him...He is so much different than mccain or huck he should issue a challenge for even both of them to debate him on foreign policy and monetary policy and claim fair representation for the American people and truly let them decide.

Possible or No?

The00viper
02-07-2008, 07:25 PM
McCain would ignore the challenge.

RonPaulwillWin
02-07-2008, 07:26 PM
It would never happen IMO, John would wussy out. It would be awesome if it really did happen happen.

ambiguousscion
02-07-2008, 07:26 PM
He may or may not ignore the challenge, what does he have to loose at this point?

The00viper
02-07-2008, 07:30 PM
He may or may not ignore the challenge, what does he have to loose at this point?

Ron would make him look like a fool and confirm his already planned loss to Hillary.

If he ignores the challenge, nobody but non-MSM media would criticize him about it.

utrunner07
02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
This is one of the best ideas I have seen lately. Its a no win for Mccain and a no loose for us. First, If Paul challenges McCain to a debate and does not stop challenging him until it gets on the news (which it will if HQ send a letter to fox, nbc. etc. asking to host it), then its huge publicity for Paul. Now if McCain decides to take it he will get OWNED out right OWNED, why? not because Paul is that much smarter or that much more experienced but becuase Ron Paul speaks the truth and its a lot easier to make since of and be convincing with the truth. Now if McCain refuses, not only does he look like he is a woos and a prick, he also gives Paul even more media. To the OP, IMO, you should froward your idea to HQ via email or phone call, whatever it takes to get through, they seem to be lacking in the idea department lately.

flames2dust77
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I strongly believe McWar would laugh at the proposal....so smug that guy is.

Philmanoman
02-07-2008, 08:01 PM
so maybe if he could figure out a way to announce the challenge...where it would be impossible to not get some publicity...someway somehow...I dunno the answer though.

up

luvthedoc08
02-07-2008, 08:06 PM
well i don't doubt McCain would just ignore it, it just depends on how the media decides to spin it

Philmanoman
02-07-2008, 08:11 PM
maybe he could say something about the media is trying to steal the election from the American people as well...but then again I guess some people are probably tired of watching debates.

whats the guys name...who is always talking about the MSM picking our candidates?...Ron Paul was on his show a few months ago.

sirgonzo420
02-07-2008, 08:14 PM
today at that CPAC speech would have been a nice time to challenge him... or the next time he's speaking to a crowd and is televised. I'm sure he (Paul) would be down for it. Is the campaign doing anything or are they just all sitting around eating cheetos all day? I keep waiting for them to do something....

by the way, WHEN he gets elected, let's bring back "freedom fries"!!! :) c'mon that would kick ass... FREEDOM FRIES!!!! who's with me?

ChickenHawk
02-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Candidates NEVER agree to debate with another candidate if that candidate is not seen as someone who could possible beat them in the election. He would simply decline the invitation and almost no one would care.

Lucid American
02-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Paul could definitely spin it in his favor, though, if McCain declined.

Paul would need to make it public on some high profile appearances.

RlxdN10sity
02-07-2008, 08:31 PM
someone just said "ass kisser"

Ex Post Facto
02-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Hillary did this to Obama recently: Obama stated that he has better things to do, that are productive to his cause.

fezzler
02-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Why doesn't he tell the press that he's going to make a "big campaign announcement" so they all think he's going to drop out. They'd put him on live, and then he could say "I challenge John McCain to a debate. I will not consider dropping out until he has the courage to face me in front of the American people".

sirgonzo420
02-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Why doesn't he tell the press that he's going to make a "big campaign announcement" so they all think he's going to drop out. They'd put him on live, and then he could say "I challenge John McCain to a debate. I will not consider dropping out until he has the courage to face me in front of the American people".

that might be the ticket.... either way it would be quite comical when McCain declined. Or he might accept and the moderator just ask Ron Paul if he plans on dropping out after the debate....

Philmanoman
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM

Thats a pretty good idea.

Philmanoman
02-07-2008, 10:11 PM
get er done