PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Racing to make Major Announcement

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 05:58 PM
major announcement coming tonight,, from Ronpaulracing,, also PAC has been formed. Go check out the site

Paulitical Correctness
02-07-2008, 06:06 PM
No more fund-diverting!

Gimmicks don't work, blimp is testament. (Major props to the blimp team, the blimp was great for a while, but definitely deflated in its final hours).

DirtMcGirt
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
let's see what they have to say...

JoshLowry
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Create a new thread when the announcement is made.

Announcing announcements is very hemminger of you.

;)

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 06:09 PM
this will ensure that we win in a brokered convention

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Your oppinion, thats ok..everyone has one. so i guess your not going to be in on this...At least ck to see what the announcement is all about,, you might be suprised

Joe3113
02-07-2008, 06:14 PM
No more fund-diverting!

Gimmicks don't work, blimp is testament. (Major props to the blimp team, the blimp was great for a while, but definitely deflated in its final hours).

Geez. The guy is trying to get Ron some exposure. I say it's great.

Jeremy
02-07-2008, 06:16 PM
No more fund-diverting!

This is completely different than the blimp

This is a one time thing. We don't need to worry about funding it for a long time. And we only need it once to get attention, and that's enough

DahuiHeeNalu
02-07-2008, 06:16 PM
I like the car and would love to see it on the track!!!

Paulitical Correctness
02-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I admire and respect the effort, and hope it is a success. I didn't read much about it, that's my mistake.

But please - give me, at the very least, my opinion. :)

LibertyRevolution
02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I think a nascar is national televised billboard. Not a waste like the blimp.

Archie
02-07-2008, 06:26 PM
The only way to get most of America is to give them something , thats why The OBAMA's/Hillary's/and Mcains are doing well because people are not thinking what can they do for the country but "what can they do for me" RP supporters should of not wasted millions on Blimps and stuff untill they for sure have a sizable number in the national polls which they never did , What would of been better is to have all the RP supporters Put on Super Happy type parades down the street with the most vile popular music pumping out of the most expensive sound systems and having raffle and prize's and then give out Coffeee and dougnuts in some huge park in each city showing Free movies on huge projection screens , Basically use Mainstream Entertainment stuff "Pop music,Pop food,Pop movies" to get the mass's thinking "holy crap who is thises politican who these awesome supporters are giving us awesome fun and times for Free" after that they will think "Oh man what he will do for me and the country must be amazing if he does this right now just for my vote"

Im serious guys People would look into him much more if the money was spent on giving freebies away and having major "parties going on" Its sucks that thast what america has come to but thats the truth when they see a blimp they think "i dont even know these paul guy and he has a blimp? what a rich snob" They only like him if he can give them something hell why bother wasting millions on crappy 30 soundbite tv ads and blimps just use all the money to through "Ron Paul Freedom" parties and give away free stuff in raffles draws and stuff and have this all grassroots be done not be offically linkeds with RP even if ya wanted to do other stuff that the Offical campaign cant do because of "campaigh laws" have these Big "RP FREEDOM PARTIES" and have hired police or private security to make things goo legal and smooth ...

Son of Detroit
02-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Watch the car crash on the first lap. :(

I hope we have a good driver.

The00viper
02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Watch the car crash on the first lap. :(

I hope we have a good driver.

It is one of the best racing crews around. I don't know who the driver is though. They wouldn't use a crappy driver for a big well known team.

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
GREAT idea Archie why haven't you been around here to help us do some of the projects your talking about..... We might use some of your ideas to CELEBRATE WHEN ELECT ron Paul for our next PRESIDENT

Archie
02-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Forget NASCAR even though I love some of there Crazy Racing.. YOus all need the

RON PAUL FREEDOM PARTIES The mass's love a FREE PARTY with tons of Free food drinks and Vile popular music along with Popular mass movies on Huge projections ,you could even sneak in certain movies in that have a "ron paul feel to them" Mel gibson The Patriot or something like that ... Imagine showing "The Patriot" in NY city park on massive projection's?

KevinR
02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
how much money has been raised? enough? not enough? details :]

freedomintheusa
02-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Forget NASCAR even though I love some of there Crazy Racing.. YOus all need the

RON PAUL FREEDOM PARTIES The mass's love a FREE PARTY with tons of Free food drinks and Vile popular music along with Popular mass movies on Huge projections ,you could even sneak in certain movies in that have a "ron paul feel to them" Mel gibson The Patriot or something like that ... Imagine showing "The Patriot" in NY city park on massive projection's?

GREAT idea Archie why haven't you been around here to help us do some of the projects your talking about..... We might use some of your ideas to CELEBRATE WHEN ELECT ron Paul for our next PRESIDENT
And thanks for help keeping this post at the top

Archie
02-07-2008, 06:38 PM

Im sorry guys I just thought someone would of come up with the "Ron Paul FREEDOM PARTIES" and I looked and looked for that sorta idea and to my shocking surprise no one has use this nice Tool in hooking the mass's to get addicted to RP. Wants your Addicted to RP you cant go back its true LOL!!!!!

Also I dont think its to late to do these in the states that havnt had there elections yet , Get the millions of dollars out of the Blimp/TV ad's and into the hands of the grassroots to throw this massive Pop Culture Parties in the states that havnt voted yet... I mean Ron Paul even says "Freedom is popular" and it is now just use the Popular venues and tools to reach the mass's and they will be addictive to RP and the message of Freedom because it will be to Popular to ignore..

Also these Parties can also be diversified into many popular genres for instance if you put on some huge Rave concert for the young Popular mass's you can also have a country Music oriented RP "freedom Party" going on as well and at the end of the Race you show the MSM just how ROn brings everyone togather and have one Big "Freedom Party" where everyone one from all walks of life come to gather for a massive "freedo party" and at the throw out privatly minted silver dollars like 1/20 or 1/10 pure silver or just coins of any sort or do somehting else im just using that as an examples you guys all deserve one big massive "RP FREEDOM PARTY" aswell for all the hard work you have all done ..

lastnymleft
02-07-2008, 11:28 PM
That ronpaulracing website is fantastic. Well done, whomever.

We have such talented people here. I'm constantly in awe.

freedomintheusa
02-08-2008, 12:13 AM
www.realm9.com contact Justin, he has done a great job we have raised almost 10k in pledges this evening YYYAAAAHHHOOOO!!!!

schooldayze
02-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Can you please tell me who you are and why you don't have any race car drivers even mentioning Ron Paul's name?

AdamT
02-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks for all your efforts.

Kathleen_Hanover
02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Can you please tell me who you are and why you don't have any race car drivers even mentioning Ron Paul's name?

I'm Kathleen Hanover, Communications Director for Ron Paul Racing. I'm trying (and failing) to keep up with all these threads. :)

Here's a page from the Ron Paul Racing blog (http://www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=35) with a recorded message of a NASCAR driver mentioning Dr. Paul's name.

And here's more info!

NEWS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ron Paul Supporters Raise Funds to Sponsor NASCAR's Mike Bliss and Kenny ("The Hermanator") Wallace
Grassroots Supporters of Conservative Republican Presidential Candidate Announce Their Drive to Sponsor Fitz Motorsports drivers Kenny Wallace and Mike Bliss in the 35-Race NASCAR Nationwide Series

(Dayton, Ohio - February 12, 2008) Supporters of conservative Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul have had to become guerilla marketing experts as they strive to get their underdog candidate more media coverage. Their latest effort is an 11th-hour deal to sponsor two high-profile drivers in NASCAR's 2008 Nationwide Series (formerly the Busch Series.)

The grassroots group, known as Ron Paul Racing (http://www.ronpaulracing.com), announced today that the proposed season-long sponsorship deal would include the Fitz Motorsports Dodge number 36, driven by Kenny Wallace (http://www.kennywallace.com), and the Fitz Motorsports Dodge number 22, driven by Mike Bliss.

The racing season kicks off on February 16th at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Florida, and, like the Presidential campaign, runs through November. If the group is able to raise $100,000 of the $300,000 sponsorship fee by Friday, Feb. 15th, the Ron Paul sponsorship will become official in time for the inaugural race of the season, and the massive media attention that accompanies it.

"The $300,000 sponsorship deal will take Ron Paul's message of Peace, Prosperity and Freedom to over 75 millon NASCAR fans for nearly 40 weeks," says Ron Paul Racing spokesperson Kathleen Hanover. "The deal includes Ron Paul signage on both cars, the team's pit equipment, and both 18-wheel transport vehicles." It also includes appearances by the team's 'Show Cars' at special events. "Ron Paul Racing hopes to schedule the appearance of a Ron Paul Show Car in Texas on March 4th, the day of the state's primary election," says Hanover.

Wallace, known as "The Hermanator," is a popular TV host on The Speed Channel, appearing on My NASCAR and NASCAR Race Day every week. In a recorded message to Ron Paul Racing supporters, Wallace stated his support for Ron Paul and his economic platform, calling the 10-term Congressman from Texas "a breath of fresh air."

Ron Paul Racing is raising funds for the sponsorship at www.ronpaulracing.com with support from the Liberty Racing Political Action Committee. Supporters will sign the sponsorship contract with Fitz Motorsports once they've raised a $100,000 deposit. The group will have to raise $25,000 a month from then on to maintain its sponsorship.

"We think NASCAR fans are a perfect target for Ron Paul's message of small government, low taxes, secure borders, and strong national defense," says Hanover. "It's going to be tough to raise $100,000 in a week…but if anyone can do it, it's Ron Paul's fanatically active grassroots." Other groups of supporters have staged a series of independently organized "money bombs" that have raised up to $6 million for the Ron Paul presidential campaign. Thanks to his rank and file base of support, Ron Paul raised nearly $20 million in the fourth quarter of 2007, more than any other Republican candidate.

Supporters can donate online at www.ronpaulracing.com.

# # # #

About Ron Paul
Ron Paul is the Conservative candidate for President of the United States. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Ron Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution. Congressman Paul’s consistent voting record prompted one of his congressional colleagues to say, “Ron Paul personifies the Founding Fathers’ ideal of the citizen-statesman. He makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are.” Dr. Paul is an obstetrician who has delivered over 4,000 babies during his career. Ron and his wife Carol recently celebrated their 51st wedding anniversary. They have five children, 17 grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. He can be found online at www.ronpaul2008.com.

About Kenny Wallace
Kenny is one of NASCAR’s most colorful and popular personalities. He is featured on well-known racing-themed television and radio shows. Kenny’s popularity still continues to escalate with the success of SPEED Channel’s NASCAR RaceDay, the most popular NASCAR pre-race show, and NASCAR Victory Lane, where he is a regular personality. He's a 9-time NASCAR Busch Series Winner, and winner of 10 NASCAR Busch Series Pole Awards. He was voted the Busch Series' Most Popular Driver in 1991, 1994, and 2006. Racing is in Kenny Wallace’s blood. His father, Russ, was one of the Midwest’s most successful short track drivers and his older brothers, Rusty and Mike, compete against Kenny in the highest levels of NASCAR racing.

About Mike Bliss
A native of Milwaukie, Oregon, Mike Bliss raced his way to the NASCAR ranks driving midgets, super modifides, and sprint cars, landing his first NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series victory in
1993. Bliss began racing in NASCAR in 1995, driving the #08/2 Ford F-150 for Ultra Motorsports, and the next year he finished fifth in points. Bliss ran a partial season for Fitz Motorsports in the NASCAR Busch Series in 2007, posting three top-five finishes and four top-ten finishes. He helped bring the No.22 Fitz Motorsports Dodge to an 11th place finishing position in the NASCAR Busch Series Owners points for 2007.

About Liberty Racing PAC
Liberty Racing PAC was formed by race fans who are dedicated to advancing the cause of Liberty through the political process. We support candidates and organizations who work on behalf of a return to Constitutional government, the advancement of individual political and economic freedom, and the promotion of free market solutions to societal problems.