PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thought of doing an exit poll at Ames?

Locke_rpr
08-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I guess with the Iowa GOP saying "please stop calling" that there were quite a few people worried about a miscount on votes for Dr. Paul. I'm half a continent away and won't be going myself, but I wonder if you would encounter a problem if you set up a low-tech exit poll. It would be pretty easy to get a few pads of graph paper and a few signs that says "Put an x if you voted Ron Paul." It's not very scientific and not everyone would participate, but I think most of Dr. Paul's supporters would be happy to take a minute and do it. It would be easy to count the votes quick on the graph paper and something so low-tech and obviously grassroots might not get shut down by management.

It isn't 100% accurate, but if you have less official votes than exit poll votes you at least know something might be fishy.

Sematary
08-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes, people are working on it, and not just RP supporters. This may, imo, be one of the most intensely watched votes I've ever seen. There is no room for these people to pull any shenanigans.

LibertyEagle
08-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Apparently, there is already going to be a group of people there accosting voters of Ron Paul to either sign an affidavit or have their vote recorded with this group, or some other similar kind of harassment. That might work alright for die hard RP supporters, but do you really think it is going to go over well to John Q Public?

Let the campaign deal with the voting machine issue at the straw poll. We need to stop making the campaign look like kooks.

disinter
08-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Looks like the Iowa GOP thinks that Ron Paul supporters will be the ones messing with the straw poll (as opposed to Diebold):

http://www.iowavoice.com/2007/08/08/straw-poll-fraud-proof

I think the possibility that Ron Paul may do very well has them scared shitless.

Locke_rpr
08-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Apparently, there is already going to be a group of people there accosting voters of Ron Paul to either sign an affidavit or have their vote recorded with this group, or some other similar kind of harassment. That might work alright for die hard RP supporters, but do you really think it is going to go over well to John Q Public?

Let the campaign deal with the voting machine issue at the straw poll. We need to stop making the campaign look like kooks.

Avoiding all that muck is kinda the route I was thinking with just a few graph pads and signs. I agree accosting people or wanting them to sign affidavits and things of that nature doesn't help and makes RP supporters look a bit paranoid. Hopefully it will all be a moot point though.